Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

Let's try something different...

I wonder if his coffin will descend into the ground in an ever decreasing circle?

No, ok, it was never going to work, was it...

Ever Decreasing Smoke Rings?

I was fortunate enough to see Richard Briers play King Lear at Birmingham Hippodrome. His Lear was one bathed in pathos. I missed my train home.

Ever Decreasing Consciousness

Ever Deceasing Circles...

• Like 2

Guest Droosy

I hate "The Good life", I hate it with a passion and friends call me VyVyan

Such a shame. it was the chemistry betwen him and Felicity Kendall that made The Good Life fun to watch.

I never liked it at all. I found both their characters thoroughly unlikeable (especially Kendall's - smug and snide) and I actually found the Margo character much more sympathetic, although we were supposed to laugh at her.

Such a shame. it was the chemistry betwen him and Felicity Kendall that made The Good Life fun to watch.

I never liked it at all. I found both their characters thoroughly unlikeable (especially Kendall's - smug and snide) and I actually found the Margo character much more sympathetic, although we were supposed to laugh at her.

Well I was 4 when it first came on the telly and then 7 when it ended its run. Looking back at the reruns the whole episodes weren't as funny as I remember, just specific scenes in most of the episodes.

Up until a few years ago, I'd have wanted to shag her. although since she's had plastic surgery she looks more like Zoe Wanamaker these days.

Funnily enough, Richard Briers was on record as saying he disliked his character, Tom Good. But he played him so charismatically. Interestingly, his later character of Martin in 'Ever Decreasing Circles', might be on the surface a more sympathetic character (he couldn't really help being what he was), but Briers plays him very unsympathetically. Very good actor, Briers so I shall miss him.

And of course he was Rhoobarb and Custard as well and if that doesn't guarantee immortality, nothing will!

• Like 2

Yes, he was an astonishingly good actor away from his sitcom work. A pity that he will be remembered for his mediocre roles.

Guest Guest

Richard Briers death has really worried me because he died from emphysema which he was diagnosed with 5 years ago.My dad was also diagnosed with emphysema 5 years ago and is just 4 years younger than Briers was,so it makes you think how easily we can lose s omeone close to us.Hold on to them and cherish them while you still can!

Guest Pedro

Damnations. Had him as reserve for my sit-com theme team.

RIP Richard Briers,on our list at work,only thing I can say is that my gf works in Surbiton and its either full of ponces

Just doing a mid-year cull for the DDP next year, and one of those dropped is Ronald Forfar, Freddy Boswell in Bread. Only 74, but that meant he was early 50's when he was in Bread, and he looked near 70 then. Doesn't appear to have done much for aeons, but no health news means he's too much of a risk to pick.

Guest Guest

Bill Pertwee has left the sit com land, according to the BBC.

-Pedro

I needed those 6 points to keep me ahead in case of Nolan dying. Only this morning though I was debating if he was a good pick and whether I should drop him for 2014. I'll drop him now....

Actor John Horsley, who played Doc Morrisey in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, has died aged 93.

Actor John Horsley, who played Doc Morrisey in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, has died aged 93.

Looks like his advice to "take two aspirins" has stopped working for him...

Guest pedro

I'll be taking asprins till a proper obit.

Guest Guest

Just doing a mid-year cull for the DDP next year, and one of those dropped is Ronald Forfar, Freddy Boswell in Bread. Only 74, but that meant he was early 50's when he was in Bread, and he looked near 70 then. Doesn't appear to have done much for aeons, but no health news means he's too much of a risk to pick.

I cant find any confirmation that Ronald Forfar is dead 8 months after you posted that.Where did you see/hear the news?

I cant find any confirmation that Ronald Forfar is dead 8 months after you posted that.Where did you see/hear the news?

Perhaps if you bothered to read OoO's post, he states he's dropped him from his DDP team.

Guest Guest
Wasn't really sure if this is the best thread or not, but felt it didn't warrant its own thread.

They've just shown Don't Wait Up - Comedy Connections on BBC1, including interviews with Tony Britton & Dinah Sheridan.

Sheridan, who has not appeared on telly for yonks, and who I thought might be ill, seems as healthy as ever. I think she's about 86 now, but she looked a good 10-15 yrs younger. From having her high up as a potential pick, she's shot down the list now as I think she'll make 90.

Tony Britton, who must be, oh what nearly mid 80's now? Looked okay - I don't think he'll die within the next year or so - still seemed with it, looked robust enough. Probably won't make 90 but I think he will make 2008.

Anyone else see the programme and agree/disagree?

I agree. Those two seem far too healthy for their years and I wouldn't lay any bets on either of them croaking for a good 5 years or so, unless they meet with a nasty traffic accident in the meantime.

Here we are five years on and both Tony and Dinah are still with us. Haven't seen them on telly for a while but if they have retired to the high life who can blame them.

Dinah Sheridan died a couple of months later http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-20486180

PS forget my last post.I didn't read Octopuses post properly.I thought he was saying he'd died

Forfar's sake...

(I know one should ignore guest posts, but I couldn't resist...)