The Yeti

Name Shame?

Given the increasing popularity of the DP in the Nags (and the fact that I am not in any way connected to the place beyond being a way-too-regular regular) it'd be best if could change my name to NotTheNagsHeadReading - thanks :)

Done. Hope this doesn't start everyone wanting the word Not in front of their name ;-)

Now that you mention it, the 'Reading' bit, is that a location or an occupation?

regards,

Hein

Now that you mention it, the 'Reading' bit, is that a location or an occupation?

A location. As it happens, it's around the corner from my old dentists.

While reading your answer I realised that my question has unintended poetic form.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

While reading your answer I realised that my question has unintended poetic form.

regards,

Hein

Yes. If only it had been about a person, it would have qualified as a clerihew.

Now that you mention it,

The 'Reading' bit,

Is that a location

Or an occupation?

• Like 1

Yes. If only it had been about a person, it would have qualified as a clerihew.

Now that you mention it,

The 'Reading' bit,

Is that a location

Or an occupation?

I'm aware of that form, I've used it several times in Dutch. I like writing light verse, typically as inscriptions in books intended as presents. I tried similar things in English, without success. I didn't expect it to come naturally in prose.

I feel a bit like William Whewell, who wrote in his first edition of An Elementary Treatise of Mechanics (1819): "Hence no force however great can stretch a cord however fine into an horizontal line which is accurately straight." According to my sources he changed the wording in the second edition.

regards,

Hein

Given the increasing popularity of the DP in the Nags (and the fact that I am not in any way connected to the place beyond being a way-too-regular regular) it'd be best if could change my name to NotTheNagsHeadReading - thanks :)

Done. Hope this doesn't start everyone wanting the word Not in front of their name ;-)

Thanking you :D

Can I have my tagline thingy changed to IsCastroDeadYet.com

Also I might ask you to change it again later in the month. If you're ok with this, signify by getting angry and saying something like "oh for fuck's sake you annoying cunt", etc.

Edited by Magere Hein
Done

Also I might ask you to change it again later in the month. If you're ok with this, signify by getting angry and saying something like "oh for fuck's sake you annoying cunt", etc.

Could you change my tagline to Zordersisaplagiarisingcunt,com

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers.

I've been hating Castro since before you even had your first cataract. FOAD.

Unless you were only joking, in which case just die.

Cheers.

Fuck that, ive no intention of dying before you, I want to be around to piss on your corpse. ;)

• Like 1

Cheers.

Impossible. LFN is so old, he was in the year above Methuselah at school.

I'd like the hyphen taken out of Sir-Creep so as to read simply Sir Creep. Gracias.

Sir C

You've only been here a couple weeks and you want them to break your hyphen already?

It makes you easier to differentiate from Spade_Cooley. You are S-C, he is S_C.

One stands for Sir-Creep, the other.......

Done. If you read this, Sir Creep, please pay attention to the fact that you'll need to use your new name when you log in.

regards,

Hein

Seen as I was saying that ivdidnt like me name the other day please can i change it to Caskets Understand No Titles.

it's an okay name bro, we like it....

deathray I mean. the new one is too long. Since you said something about my mum once I think its fair for me to interject or something and try to change ur mind before you "go through with it" (signed, som1 who doesnt want you to become something you accused me of being)

Seen as I was saying that ivdidnt like me name the other day please can i change it to Caskets Understand No Titles.

You have had more fucking name changes than an gender confused hermaphrodite.

Pick a fucking name and stick with the bastard thing, eh?

I've had the same name since I joined over a year ago fyi you fellatio lauding nelson.

• Like 1

I've had the same name since I joined over a year ago fyi you fellatio lauding nelson.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if its done you for a year it will do you for a few more then, so there. :lol:

Allow me to add a little salt to the stew. Since I'm the one to do the work (or possibly PB, but he's on hols) I don't intend to change your name more than oncve. Choose once and you're stuck with it.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Allow me to add a little salt to the stew. Since I'm the one to do the work (or possibly PB, but he's on hols) I don't intend to change your name more than oncve. Choose once and you're stuck with it.

regards,

Hein

No problem. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: See post further down.

SFqI5jL.jpg

As your tagline? Sure. As a future DDP team name? Why not. But to use that as your new member name would be awful. :ph34r: Deathray is just fine (although it is a liiittle cliche-y when new members have the word "death/dead" in their username here, lol).

^FWIW I actually agree. I was gonna add something like that yesterday but I was busy trying to burp the end credits tune of Dad's Army as a spontaneous tribute to Clive Dunn.

It's his name, he clearly hates it like I used to regret having an ALL CAPS USERNAME once upon a time on an old forum but hey sometimes bad stuff happens. I can't be bothered to Disqus this any more, it's his biznizz not mine.