Anubis the Jackal

Country For Old Men (And Women)

One of Hank Williams's Drifting Cowboys, steel guitarist Don Helms, has drifted off.

Clent Holmes, another Drifting Cowboy. Not dead, but now aged 94 and suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, located by police in a befuddled state over 90 miles from home, having gone out for a drive to who knows where.

• Like 1

Johnny Cashs old backing group the Tennessee Two has just become the Tenessee One with the death of Marshall Grant

edit: actually its the Tennesse None because Luther Perkins iis also dead

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Johnny Cashs old backing group the Tennessee Two has just become the Tenessee One with the death of Marshall Grant

You do wonder whether this continual ineptness is deliberate...

• Like 1

I used to be (still am) actually on a message board where one of the sub-forums was dedicated to this massive, large-scale trolling operation that involved a group of maybe 10, 15 users each setting up four or five fake Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, whatever accounts to create the impression that there was this 50-strong community of people who already existed, then they'd slowly drag actual real people into their imaginary world and start fucking with them. Getting them to fall in love with people who don't exist, wire money for problems that nobody has, start fights with their actual irl friends, and so on and so forth. There's actually a vaguely notable piece of Facebook "FAIL" internet virality that's actually one of their pieces of trolling.

TL;DR - I know some guys whose dedication to trolling sees them spend maybe 20 hours a week talking to strangers and flipping between a variety of fake online personae all for the purpose of "lulz." And even they aren't as dedicated to this level of high-tier trolling as notaguest.

I used to be (still am) actually on a message board where one of the sub-forums was dedicated to this massive, large-scale trolling operation that involved a group of maybe 10, 15 users each setting up four or five fake Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, whatever accounts to create the impression that there was this 50-strong community of people who already existed, then they'd slowly drag actual real people into their imaginary world and start fucking with them. Getting them to fall in love with people who don't exist, wire money for problems that nobody has, start fights with their actual irl friends, and so on and so forth. There's actually a vaguely notable piece of Facebook "FAIL" internet virality that's actually one of their pieces of trolling.

TL;DR - I know some guys whose dedication to trolling sees them spend maybe 20 hours a week talking to strangers and flipping between a variety of fake online personae all for the purpose of "lulz." And even they aren't as dedicated to this level of high-tier trolling as notaguest.

I honestly havent got the faintest idea what you're talking about mate

Strangely enough, the least believable part of all that was the very last sentence. Notaguest is a mere fly to be pushed away, hardly a serious internet troll like the cabal you speak of.

Willie's

OK, we've got the Old Bluesman thread, the Old Folkies home and the Jazzers. Here's a new 'un for the Kings and Queens of Country, rednecks, crackers, lonesome wolves and rhinestone cowboys.

Kicking off with Kitty Wells, who I was very suprised to learn was still alive, 89 years old. I really like her version of Dylans "Forever Young"

Kitty's 74-year marriage is over with the death of singer-songwriter hubby Johnnie Wright.

Sorry to be such an angel of death today, but someone's gotta pick up the notaguest slack.

Guest Guest

american country legend Johnny Mathis is dead

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved from 'The Dead Of 2011' topic

Guest Guest

doesnt Billy Jo Spears have her own thread or am I just imagining it?

I've been watching the Dallas re-runs, and see that Priscilla Pointer, who played Pam and Cliff's long-lost dead-then-alive mother is still going at 87 - can't find anything negative regarding her health, but might be one to research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priscilla_Pointer (sorry, still can't work out how to do links like before).

One of Hank Williams's Drifting Cowboys, steel guitarist Don Helms, has drifted off.

Clent Holmes, another Drifting Cowboy. Not dead, but now aged 94 and suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, located by police in a befuddled state over 90 miles from home, having gone out for a drive to who knows where.

Another Drifting Cowboy floats away in to the sweet hereafter, or summat... Pee Wee Moultrie, who appeared on Hank Williams' first recordings, made in 1938, has died of a heart attack at the age of 89.

I've been watching the Dallas re-runs, and see that Priscilla Pointer, who played Pam and Cliff's long-lost dead-then-alive mother is still going at 87 - can't find anything negative regarding her health, but might be one to research.

http://en.wikipedia....iscilla_Pointer (sorry, still can't work out how to do links like before).

Picked her on one of my theme teams. I thought she was obscure enough to be a unique, but sure to get an obit because of her work and her relation to Steven Spielberg.

The banjo legend Earl Scruggs has picked his last chord.

Guest Guest

The banjo legend Earl Scruggs has picked his last chord.

he's on the list!

Doug Dillard dead. He was a bluegrass banjo player who formed a short-lived but great mid-late 60s band with one of my musical idols, Gene Clark, as well as being in the more traditional Dillards. Who were also in the Andy Griffith Show, so I expect this news to pop up in that thread in a few hours time.

• Like 1