Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Who's for a pint and a pie somewhere?

What a hoot it would be for the great DL'rs to meet up and swap knitting patterns!

We may even get some drive by ranters to the meet to spice it up by suggesting a cross stitch instead!!!

Hey Grim, I'm up for it.

Is there a pub anywhere called the "Dead 'n' Buried" as that would be a suitable venue.

See y'll at the Gate.

SP

• Like 1

Great, which continent?

I know a very good pub in Kiribati.

But seriously folks, I'm up for it.

We could all meet round Iain's house.........or maybe it would have to be London.

But seriously folks, I'm up for it.

We could all meet round Iain's house.........or maybe it would have to be London.

Well that's two of us. Phew! I thought it was going to be an expensive round.

Who's for a pint and a pie somewhere?

What a hoot it would be for the great DL'rs to meet up and swap knitting patterns!

We may even get some drive by ranters to the meet to spice it up by suggesting a cross stitch instead!!!

Hey Grim, I'm up for it.

Is there a pub anywhere called the "Dead 'n' Buried" as that would be a suitable venue.

See y'll at the Gate.

SP

Might I suggest the Fort Worth Stockyards? :wheelchair:

You just have. Since their fame has yet to spread to West Cumbria is there anything we should know about the Fort Worth Stockyards?

Are they - perchance - the site of daily mass murder of farmyard animals, or summat?

I could take part if the venue was London. Unless of course, you don't want a boring Admin spoiling the party.

DWB :wheelchair:

I would also suggest that if this idea is to be taken seriously, the final date and venue be kept off the board, unless you fancy being knifed by a PH ranter.

I could take part if the venue was London. Unless of course, you don't want a boring Admin spoiling the party.

If you make it somewhere worth going like The Savoy's American Bar then it might be worth the effort.

I would also suggest that if this idea is to be taken seriously, the final date and venue be kept off the board, unless you fancy being knifed by a PH ranter.

The nearest pub to The Crucible would be a good venue...

You just have. Since their fame has yet to spread to West Cumbria is there anything we should know about the Fort Worth Stockyards?

Are they - perchance - the site of daily mass murder of farmyard animals, or summat?

Nothing so exciting anymore. Lots of tourists that one wants to run over, though.......

http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/history.htm

That reminds me, Windsor still owes me a pint.

How about "Ma" Cameron's in Little Belmont Street?

Going to add my name in here to be at least kept informed of anyone going to the trouble of putting something (London based) together since I'm working in Surrey during the weeks leading up to christmas. May I add to DWB's idea, that it's London's turn first to have a planned event since the vast number of visitors to "our" site are UK based, then maybe NYC next year 'cus we do have a load of Americans popping in here and trans-atlantic flights are only a few hundred pounds still.

Great idea, although I can see the difficulties both in planning a venue and, more immediately, in discussing the arrangements off-air. We must rely on admin to set this up, I suspect. :wheelchair:

Don't think so - I guess any old member or mod' could do it - even take up less real time than doing an ace copy cat deadpool thing like that of Canadian Paul's. It's just Email round the usual suspects (all the mods and admin and then look out for the members who add a dash of jest into their posts - and those in the know, just IM each other to iron out the finer points.

Don't think so - I guess any old member or mod' could do it - even take up less real time than doing an ace copy cat deadpool thing like that of Canadian Paul's.

I'll have you know I put a lot of effort and time into that - in case you hadn't noticed it's all HTML.

If you didn't like it, you didn't have to join.

Don't think so - I guess any old member or mod' could do it - even take up less real time than doing an ace copy cat deadpool thing like that of Canadian Paul's.

I'll have you know I put a lot of effort and time into that - in case you hadn't noticed it's all HTML.

Perhaps we should amend "pub" to "handbags at dawn"?

Captain Oates Posted Today, 12:00 AM

Great idea, although I can see the difficulties both in planning a venue and, more immediately, in discussing the arrangements off-air. We must rely on admin to set this up, I suspect.

Don't think so - I guess any old member or mod' could do it - even take up less real time than doing an ace copy cat deadpool thing like that of Canadian Paul's. It's just Email round the usual suspects (all the mods and admin and then look out for the members who add a dash of jest into their posts - and those in the know, just IM each other to iron out the finer points.

My concerns are

• Security
  • Involving everyone who might be genuinely interested
  • Enabling a reasonable discussion about location

I had thought that a "hidden" forum could be a possible way forward.

Are you advocating an elite?

If so... may I say, Hein, how dashing you look holding that scythe. May I also say, DWB, how eloquently you employ emoticons.

:wheelchair:

Canadian Paul Posted Today, 12:26 AM

QUOTE(Rotten Ali @ Oct 12 2006, 04:22 PM)

What? I'm not having a go at you CP! just pointing out that: organising a convention would not be simple or easy - just a whole lot less trouble or effort - than putting together a web site for a deadpool (like you have done from scratch without much outside help)

That's not having a go!

In fact it's a good sort of event to be entrusted to an "old" member - who has plenty of time on their hands having just retired.

So come on all you old members - have a go!!!

Are you advocating an elite?

If so... may I say, Hein, how dashing you look holding that scythe. May I also say, DWB, how eloquently you employ emoticons.

:)

An elite - only to maintain the integrity of the occasion and address security issues.

However (with apologies to CP :D ) may I add my compliments to MH on his general excellence and exquisite charm and to DWB for setting an example of dignity, good sense and eloquence worthy of all our attention? :):):)

What? I'm not having a go at you CP! just pointing out that: organising a convention would not be simple or easy - just a whole lot less trouble or effort - than putting together a web site for a deadpool (like you have done from scatch without much outside help)

Ah I see... it just read really funny when I saw it... apologies from my camp then.

However (with apologies to CP :) ) may I add my compliments to MH on his general excellence and exquisite charm and to DWB for setting an example of dignity, good sense and eloquence worthy of all our attention? :):):)

Apology accepted, though I must have used up all my brain power on Student Council day since I'm missing the reference. :P

I thought MH was cool before it became the thing to do. :D

:P

That reminds me, Windsor still owes me a pint.

How about "Ma" Cameron's in Little Belmont Street?

Somebody that knows a place North of the Tay and Dee river.

Maybe, but the "Prince of Wales" has a better pint. Then again for a punch up we could go to "Peep Peeps".

:D