Death Watch Beatle

The Dead Of 2008

German actor and concentration inmate Erwin Geschonneck has died at the age of 101. Interesting little story, albeit short.

Chiara Lubich, 88, founder and leader of the Focolare Movement, which has a worldwide membership of over five million, has been in hospital for a month with breathing difficulties.

Chiara Lubich is not suffering from breathing difficulites any more. She's dead.

Tony Dye, who is (or was) a big name on the stock exchange (it says here) has had to wind up the $70million hedge fund he runs because of ill health. I don't know what a hedge fund is (or does) but I do know a hard nosed business man wouldn't throw his money away unless he was bloody ill.

Anyway, onwards, his nickname, which he gained in the 1990s when he correctly prognosticated that the internet bubble would burst, was "Doctor Doom". With a surname like Dye and a nickname like Doom, this chap could go a long way...

Tony Dye is dead. I searched for his name on DL and the above post appeared... I have absolutely no recollection of writing it. ;)

Tony Dye, who is (or was) a big name on the stock exchange (it says here) has had to wind up the $70million hedge fund he runs because of ill health. I don't know what a hedge fund is (or does) but I do know a hard nosed business man wouldn't throw his money away unless he was bloody ill.

Anyway, onwards, his nickname, which he gained in the 1990s when he correctly prognosticated that the internet bubble would burst, was "Doctor Doom". With a surname like Dye and a nickname like Doom, this chap could go a long way...

Tony Dye is dead. I searched for his name on DL and the above post appeared... I have absolutely no recollection of writing it. ;)

You're like a machine DDT, rattling off the deathlist possibles. Besides, you can't so much information rattling in your head, you'd go nuts! :)

If information made up a waist line Deathtrip would be making an appointment for a Gastric Bypass.

Oldest surviving pre-WWII Australian Test cricketer, Bill Brown has died at the age of 95

Abba Drummer

Personally I've never heard of him but that means nothing.

He is however a dead drummer, and I know how important they are to this forum.

His throat was cut.

Abba Drummer

His throat was cut.

At first I thought, what a cool name that guy has. Not only is he a drummer, but his surname is "Drummer" then I realised his name is actually Ola Brunkert :lol:

Abba Drummer

His throat was cut.

Didn't manage to send out an SOS, then.

Chiara Lubich, munting mystic with a hairstyle from hell, or summat.

I'm beginning to see how you've posted 5,912 times. http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=113975

Aye, apologies, bit of a knee jerk when I saw that geezer-bird picture and decided to share it with the group. Either way, hell of an obit, The Telegraph do the eccentrics well, giving them just enough rope.

Hey up, I've just posted again. I'll cop for post-whoring during the days of little work and nursing a broken arm, somewhat moderated meself these days, mind.

Where's that person who said we'd not had any major deaths for a while...

Captain Birdseye dead!

Another Brinsworth House resident apparently.

"A poll in 1983 named Captain Birdseye as the most recognised captain in the world after Captain Cook"

Captain Birdseye dead!

"A poll in 1983 named Captain Birdseye as the most recognised captain in the world after Captain Cook"

Damn! I had him on my shortlist but left him out

This all seems a bit fishy to me...

This all seems a bit fishy to me...

Well if it was murder I hope they soon finger the culprit.

Vicki Van Meter, who, at the age of 11, became the youngest person to fly a plane across the Atlantic, has shot herself. She was 26. :)

Vicki Van Meter, who, at the age of 11, became the youngest person to fly a plane across the Atlantic, has shot herself. She was 26. :)

Her parents must have been pretty wealthy, I had problems convincing my flight instructor to fly to Popham from Stapleford

Captain Birdseye dead!

Noooooooooooooooooo! :(

The entire nation is plunged into mourning. ;)

Why the media thinks Minghella's death is more important, I'll never know. His films were long, normally sh*t & I always got him mixed up with Sam Mendes.

But Captain Birdseye.... I am griefstricken. :)

Captain Birdseye dead!

That would be me, my friend.

Never heard of John Hewer, but today, just found out that Academy Award winning director Anthony Minghella (The English Patient, Cold Mountain) just died so I will acknowledge that his death was certainly noteworthy.

Died fairly young too (age 54). I didn't like The English Patient, but I thought that The Talented Mr. Ripley was superb.

Edited: yes, it should've been John Hewer. Really sorry about the mistake.