Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

That's not Harry Patch in that picture, it's Arthur Halestrap who died a few years ago.

Other that, very good effort indeed.

............. Mr Josco looks like a good candidate to finish last, but I'll have a look at his stats in depth at the weekend for a bit of fun.

I created the list on a whim and a hangover, conjuring up the first names that came into my head with out any aids or resources. It is perhaps, a little more original than some of the other sequacious entries. With the possible exception of MT, if any of these die in the next year then I am a dutchman.

* Margaret Thatcher

* Paul Gascgoine

* Benedict XVI

* Terry Wogan

* Hillary Clinton

* Gordon Brown

* Stirling Moss

* Taufa'ahau Tupou IV

* David Steel

* Damon Hill

.............  Mr Josco looks like a good candidate to finish last, but I'll have a look at his stats in depth at the weekend for a bit of fun.

I created the list on a whim and a hangover, conjuring up the first names that came into my head with out any aids or resources. It is perhaps, a little more original than some of the other sequacious entries. With the possible exception of MT, if any of these die in the next year then I am a dutchman.

* Margaret Thatcher

* Paul Gascgoine

* Benedict XVI

* Terry Wogan

* Hillary Clinton

* Gordon Brown

* Stirling Moss

* Taufa'ahau Tupou IV

* David Steel

* Damon Hill

King TTIV could certainly cark it this year as well.

Just one thing. The Earl of Harewood was born in 1923, not 1946. There was a brief second where I though the Earl in question had died and you had listed his son.

Sorry Windsor, my mistake. That's George W. Bush's birthday. I'm always confusing those two.

Thanks everyone else too, for pointing out those mistakes. I'll get on to it right away.

And I'll put in the team I completely missed.:ph34r:

Looking forward to calling Josco a Dutchman,

Notapotato.

I noticed that of all the people who picked Lou Rawls on Hartlepool, not a single one had him in their top spot!

Of course they'll still get some points of course. I will get 0, because I only picked him for DDP, but different games have different strategies...

I'm resurrecting this thread not because it's irrelevant, but because it IS relevant, yet no one seems to be commenting, even when a Hartlepooler dies. So, I'll revive it by making a prediction. Someone will die within the next seven days and he or she will either:

A) Be someone's pick on Hartlepool

OR

:D Be one of my picks on DDP

I think we should have a "Place Yer Bets" thread to make predictions such as this and keep us all entertained.

I'm resurrecting this thread not because it's irrelevant, but because it IS relevant, yet no one seems to be commenting, even when a Hartlepooler dies. So, I'll revive it by making a prediction. Someone will die within the next seven days and he or she will either:

A) Be someone's pick on Hartlepool

OR

:) Be one of my picks on DDP

I think we should have a "Place Yer Bets" thread to make predictions such as this and keep us all entertained.

As OOO noted in the Near Misses thread, Ivor Cutler has just died, a unique pick for Widows XP on the Hartlepool Deadlypool. Seeing as how I made this prediction five days ago, it appears to have come true.

Eat your heart out BS. :referee:

Congratulations Widows XP! 20 points I think unless anyone can prove he's been in a panto.

I'm out of town for a couple of days, so don't hold your breaths waiting for the scoreboard to be updated.

Congratulations Widows XP! 20 points I think unless anyone can prove he's been in a panto.

I'm out of town for a couple of days, so don't hold your breaths waiting for the scoreboard to be updated.

*Gasps for air* Coulda told me sooner... :referee:

Right oh, the old scoreboard is updated to include Ivor Cutler and Profumo's deaths. (Subject to potential revision on confirmation of Cutler's alleged drumming activities.)

The emails will go out at the weekend, probably.

Things are getting hot at the top end of the old scoreboard. Football Fan had better keep his socks pulled up.

Apart from M Thatcher and the King of Tonga, all my picks are unique. And they say Genius is next to Madness.

Apart from M Thatcher and the King of Tonga, all my picks are unique. And they say Genius is next to Madness.

Another thing which all of your picks have in common Mr Josco my old chum, is that they are still alive.

I see Milosevic has died. 12 points to Obiskobilob who thus rockets from equal third place into third place.

Sorry that some people got duplicate mails today. Technical hitch. Won't happen again. :o

And bandwidth at ninepence ha'penny a foot! Such a senseless waste Dr. McNulty.

Sorry that's 18 points to Obiskobilob. And I corrected Hein's score too which I had calculated wrongly.

Oh, and there's now a forum.

Horsebrutality has a unique pick with Muriel Spark, finally ending a month-long drought at the Hartlepool Deadlypool. I'm not sure why I'm taking NAP's job in announcing that... I guess I'm just excited for him! :blink:

Horsebrutality has a unique pick with Muriel Spark, finally ending a month-long drought at the Hartlepool Deadlypool. I'm not sure why I'm taking NAP's job in announcing that... I guess I'm just excited for him! :blink:

I'm excited too for I am Horsebrutality

Unique but are they likely? :blink:

And they say Genius is next to Madness.

Ah yes, in Dr. Scream's Secret Online Dictionary I presume.

Thanks for pointing that one out CP. I was only out of town for 24 hours or so, but it's good to know someone's watching the ranch.

:blink:

Look folks, the HDP has it's own thread too!

Isn't it exciting that Josco's Jokers have scored a hit?

Entries for the 2007 competition will be taken around the middle of December sometime.

There will be a few small changes to the rules and the scoring system, but the basic principle will remain the same.

We'll keep you informed, probably.

Pretenders to the Choir Invisible, your mails are bouncing. Next year we shall very likely be introducing a penalty system for competitors whose mails bounce.

Next year we shall very likely be introducing a penalty system for competitors whose mails bounce.

Good thinking. If they can't be arsed to receive emails, why would we bother to award points?

regards,

Hien

Next year we shall very likely be introducing a penalty system for competitors whose mails bounce.

Good thinking. If they can't be arsed to receive emails, why would we bother to award points?

regards,

Hien

Look boys, some of us set up email accounts to enter deadpools and various other things, then forget the names of the accounts and passwords etc. I don't know who the hell I am anymore. I couldn't even tell you the colour of my underpants I assume I put on this morning. So who or what will you be fining?

........................With the possible exception of MT, if any of these die in the next year then I am a dutchman.

* Margaret Thatcher

* Paul Gascgoine

* Benedict XVI

* Terry Wogan

* Hillary Clinton

* Gordon Brown

* Stirling Moss

* Taufa'ahau Tupou IV

* David Steel

* Damon Hill

Don't know how I could have possibly overlooked this opportunity for so long.

Josco, vous êtes un Néerlandais.

After months of arduous labour on the parts of Notapotato and Magere Hein, The Hartlepool Deadlypool is ready to accept entrants.

A cut above the usual deathpools, the Hartlepool Deadlypool distinguishes its self in that it requires the participants not only to predict the deaths of celebrities, but also the order in which the deaths will occur.

A fiendishly complex scoring system combined with a uniquely arbitrary and unpredictable team of administrators and some opaque and incomprehensible rules should all make for an exciting game in the course of the year.

So get your entries in! Closing date is the 31st of December. Probably.

Well nearly a year has come and gone, the above still applies, and entries are now being accepted for The 2007 Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Y'all be sure and read the new rules and scoring system carefully now.

After months of arduous labour on the parts of Notapotato and Magere Hein, The Hartlepool Deadlypool is ready to accept entrants.

A cut above the usual deathpools, the Hartlepool Deadlypool distinguishes its self in that it requires the participants not only to predict the deaths of celebrities, but also the order in which the deaths will occur.

A fiendishly complex scoring system combined with a uniquely arbitrary and unpredictable team of administrators and some opaque and incomprehensible rules should all make for an exciting game in the course of the year.

Well nearly a year has come and gone, the above still applies, and entries are now being accepted for The 2007 Hartlepool Deadlypool.

When's the cut off date NAP? Presumably December 31st?

When's the cut off date NAP? Presumably December 31st?

Doh! Seen it now.

Well I don't know.

In the 9 1/2 hours since I opened the competition I've had nothing but silly questions to which the answers are clearly stated in the opaque and incomprehensible rules.

:P