Death Watch Beatle

Muhammad Ali

Don't want anything though, apart from the odd carboard box and a nice Sunday roast with Yorkshire puds that have that hollow bit in the middle for the gravy. Mmm.

What do you do with the odd cardboard box Godot? I'm guessing your frequent posts here mean you have a roof over your head and your own Internet access so obviously them boxes aren't home.

Guest tomtom

Yes but has he a job?.

What do you do with the odd cardboard box Godot? I'm guessing your frequent posts here mean you have a roof over your head and your own Internet access so obviously them boxes aren't home.

Save them for things.

Yes but has he a job?.

No.

Guest Disgusted

How about you all keep in mind that he is a real person with a real family instead of talking about his death (and tragic disease) like it's all some kind of a joke?

How about you all keep in mind that he is a real person with a real family

We haven't forgotten - fictional characters are not allowed on the list*.

*Please see unwritten rules for an elaboration of this criterion.

Ali for one has made regular jokes about his current condition, often remarking that he's planning a comeback and/or to find and whup the kid who stole his bike when he was 12.

The man who floats like a butterfly & stings like a bee will be marketing a range of low-calorie food & drinks for kids.

Note the present tense, the most significant quotes come directly from his wife Lonnie. This is all about Ali's legacy and - probably - her business sense in getting the brands sorted whilst he's still alive to endorse them.

What she's missed in glamour living and the 'pelvic missionary's' legendary prowess she's gained in being the guardian of his legend. It's an odd relationship but - according to the most authoritative of the biographies - it's probably the best and most caring of his four marriages.

Aye, it's a new web page but the foods, and most of the words on there, have been around for a while. Note the comments above. This is about securing his legacy and a steady income stream for his fourth wife and the hefty brood of kids produced by the man his trainer once called 'a pelvic missionary.'

Aye, it's a new web page but the foods, and most of the words on there, have been around for a while. Note the comments above. This is about securing his legacy and a steady income stream for his fourth wife and the hefty brood of kids produced by the man his trainer once called 'a pelvic missionary.'

It wasn't until after I'd posted the link that I glanced at the bottom of the page on the site and noticed it was a couple of months old

Cheer up, if Ali glanced at the same page he'd be doing well to realise it was about him!

Guest Najai Turpin

woooooooooooooooooooooo :o

Aye thanks Mr/s Turpin.

Given the recent fun and games with Paul Hunter's paltry band of supporters it strikes me that - of the current crop in the top fifty - a dead Ali could bring us the most ranter traffic, given his status as near enough a living deity to some. On the other hand he's well catered for by other sites so many who Google his eventual death may miss us. I have a hunch that those who do find us may be more interested in stinging than floating, or summat.

What's the betting that one of the ranters will talk about Ali's peaceful

and loving personality and how we should all do well by following his lead

before telling us we should all die in 'orrible ways....

Ranters....

3968768_funny01pic20.gif

;)

On the other hand he's well catered for by other sites so many who Google his eventual death may miss us. I have a hunch that those who do find us may be more interested in stinging than floating, or summat.

Googling for "Muhammad Ali death" gives our front page as the fifth hit. A search for "Muhammad Ali dead" gives the front page as the second hit. This topic, however, stays well from the first result page. Therefore my prediction for ranter action after Mr Ali's demise is: little to moderate. Certainly not PH levels.

regards,

Hein

On the other hand he's well catered for by other sites so many who Google his eventual death may miss us. I have a hunch that those who do find us may be more interested in stinging than floating, or summat.

Googling for "Muhammad Ali death" gives our front page as the fifth hit. A search for "Muhammad Ali dead" gives the front page as the second hit. This topic, however, stays well from the first result page. Therefore my prediction for ranter action after Mr Ali's demise is: little to moderate. Certainly not PH levels.

regards,

Hein

I don't think there is anyone else on this year's list that would provide much serious ranting material. There would be a few huzzas I expect for Margaret Thatcher. But I can't imagine she would get many "You have to feel for her family" remarks given that would have to include the serial tosser who happens to be her son.

a dead Ali could bring us the most ranter traffic

A couple on the list though, Oscar, Suharto, Pinochet et. al could bring in a sizable amount of anti-ranters.

What's the betting that one of the ranters will talk about Ali's peaceful

and loving personality and how we should all do well by following his lead

before telling us we should all die in 'orrible ways....

Ranters....

3968768_funny01pic20.gif

;)

Quite possible, also a bit ironic given how he made his reputation. He's a wonderfully complex figure, a high school failure who appeared as an innovative thinker to some extent, and a fighter who stood as a symbol for peace. In the latter context there are a few fights that tend to get airbrushed now, for example bouts against Cleveland Williams and Ernie Terrel in the mid-sixties where in the pre-fight build up his opponents insisted on calling him 'Clay.' Williams in particular paid a heavy price in a one-sided contest where Ali could've ended things early but kept on inflicting enough punishment to hurt and not enough to finish the fight.

Pro-Stem Cell candidate endorsed by Ali ahead of mid-term elections. He's looking thinner around the face and more 'frozen' in his Parkinson's 'mask.' Still gets about, mind.

If he survives the year I would see him in next year. It looks to me Parkinsons disease is getting the best of him. But it doesn't mean he will die tommorow. With the way life is, you'll find an obituary for Jake Lamotta instead. :P