Lady Die

Lord Lucan - The Big Question

Is Lord Lucan Dead?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also, the available evidence is contrary.

Ah, a modern way of spelling non-existent.

Well the tiger was very hungry!

Bit of a rushed decision that. Maybe they should go away for a while and think about it before officially announcing it :-)

I only caught the end of the Sky transmission from outside the court but, Im assuming, the son of the murdered nanny Sandra Rivett is not overly joyous at the decision?

Its taken 42 years to declare him officially dead.

Reggie Perrin was declared dead in only one series.

Our legal system does like to drag its fucking heels a bit, doesn't it.

I only caught the end of the Sky transmission from outside the court but, Im assuming, the son of the murdered nanny Sandra Rivett is not overly joyous at the decision?

It was only 18 years for Suzy Lamplugh to be declared officially dead. Was there a family fortune at stack in this case or was it just a title?

It was only 18 years for Suzy Lamplugh to be declared officially dead. Was there a family fortune at stack in this case or was it just a title?

A little of both, but the two go together in as much as being Lord Lucan might be beneficial to the new holder of the title - assuming the octogenarian doesn't stumble out of the bush and blow the deal.

Aye, apparently Pope Francis bumped off the nanny and it got covered up by the Queen as they were both in cahoots to frame Lucan to protect The Beatles. Honest.

34 minutes ago, msc said:

Aye, apparently Pope Francis bumped off the nanny and it got covered up by the Queen as they were both in cahoots to frame Lucan to protect The Beatles. Honest.

Been having hash cakes in your haggis again?

10 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Nope, interesting article though

Don't believe a word of the innocence claim and who this other man was and why he might want to kill the nanny, mind. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Don't believe a word of the innocence claim and who this other man was and why he might want to kill the nanny, mind. 

You'll be lucan out for the book then?

I'll get me coat.

4 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

You'll be lucan out for the book then?

I'll get me coat.

Too late man

I just threw that coat at you!

• Haha 1

All else aside, is Hugh Bingham still alive?  The article is from 2016.  The Peerage website doesn't record a death for him.

"Now 76 and in frail health, Hugh Bingham is a well-spoken, dignified and gently spiritual man ... "

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

All else aside, is Hugh Bingham still alive?  The article is from 2016.  The Peerage website doesn't record a death for him.

"Now 76 and in frail health, Hugh Bingham is a well-spoken, dignified and gently spiritual man ... "

I'd assume so. He's still marked as alive not only on The Peerage website, but Cracroft's Peerage (though they don''t mark the death of Sally) and Unterstein - other followers of such things - do too. And their obsession make us look like mildly interested dilettantes in comparison.  Plus he's friendly with the current Lord, and known enough to be mentioned if he's gone.

And yes, went on my long list too. :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well he did have a book to plug, sounds like he could do with the income

15 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Well he did have a book to plug, sounds like he could do with the income

Aye, what is it with the aristocracy eh? When they fall, it's to live in a mate's shed. Can none of them figure out how to do a normal job and - like - put in a decent shift like the rest of us?

16 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, what is it with the aristocracy eh? When they fall, it's to live in a mate's shed. Can none of them figure out how to do a normal job and - like - put in a decent shift like the rest of us?

When you’re born into privilege with an innate sense of entitlement, then the chances of sorting yourself out should your cushy world come crumbling around you are pretty remote 

1 hour ago, JR976evil said:

When you’re born into privilege with an innate sense of entitlement, then the chances of sorting yourself out should your cushy world come crumbling around you are pretty remote 

Yes but that's enough about Malcolm Turnbull. This thread is meant to be about Lord Lucan.

20 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Yes but that's enough about Malcolm Turnbull. This thread is meant to be about Lord Lucan.

Applies equally to Lucan I’d say. He surely must have died not long after he did a runner, there’s no way a trustafarian fuck up like him could remain undetected for decades 

14 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

Applies equally to Lucan I’d say. He surely must have died not long after he did a runner, there’s no way a trustafarian fuck up like him could remain undetected for decades 

Looked like the kind of smug twat who just wouldn’t have been able to stop himself giving it the “do you know who I am ?” bit.

• Like 1

Dead within 48 hour of the event imo.

11 hours ago, msc said:

Dead within 48 hour of the event imo.

Alive for many years afterwards though likely dead by now imo 

30 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Nah I reckon he would’ve lasted six months max before he came crawling out of the woodwork broke and desperate throwing himself at the courts mercy