Death in Vegas

Time Added

Graham Moore, 1959 BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year and former Charlton, Chelsea and Man Utd midfielder, dead at 74. Also played for the mighty Cobblers in their only top-flight season to date.

• Like 1

Graham Moore, 1959 BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year and former Charlton, Chelsea and Man Utd midfielder, dead at 74. Also played for the might Cobblers in their only top-flight season to date.

I think this is closer to the truth than probably what was intended.

• Like 1

I would say that he also has Cushing's syndrome.

Q. Why does Eric Cantona have dialysis waste fluid on his shirt?

A. He's been carrying Cole all season.

I'm just going to leave this one...here.

Argentine referee shot, killed by dismissed footballer

A referee in Argentina was shot and killed by a player who he had just dismissed, according to local reports.

Cesar Flores was officiating an amateur match in Cordoba, around 700 kilometers northwest of Buenos Aires, when he showed an unnamed player a red card. The incensed player took a gun from his bag and returned to the pitch, shooting the 48-year-old referee three times, in the neck, head and chest.

A referee in Argentina was shot and killed by a player who he had just dismissed, according to local reports.

Cesar Flores was officiating an amateur match in Cordoba, around 700 kilometers northwest of Buenos Aires, when he showed an unnamed player a red card. The incensed player took a gun from his bag and returned to the pitch, shooting the 48-year-old referee three times, in the neck, head and chest.

Time to arm the refs, I'd say, and introduce the black card.

• Like 1

Time to arm the refs, I'd say, and introduce the black card.

Well you have to admit they take it very seriously there.

Last year a referee in an amateur Brazilian match pulled a gun on a player who had assaulted him, and in 2013 a player was stabbed by a referee during an expulsion. The official was then kidnapped and tortured by fans, before being stoned to death and dismembered by members of the player's family.

Didn't Honduras go to war over the result of a football match?

Yes

football-war.jpg

Edited to say I had to quickly go to a short meeting, but now I'm back

The Football war was from July 14, 1969 – July 18, 1969. Even though El Salvador lost almost a 3rd of their forces than Honduras, it doesn't look as if there was what you could call a "winner" as the damage that El Salvador claimed eventually resulted in a civil war.

• Like 1

I can't find any relevant 2016 (or late 2015) updates; is there anything about Nobby Stiles' prostate cancer that would lead us to believe it's currently much ado about nothing (for a year at least) or that he's about to be carried off the field again? You guys are my boots on the ground lol, all I have is a family member telling the media to fuck off and leave his dying arse alone. Can't blame them, but hyperbole may have carried the day. Wondering what y'all know if anything.

SirC

I've heard nothing, but you'd think if there had been an improvement the papers would crow about it along the lines of "English Hero Recovering from Grave Illness" or something like that. There's only two English footballers in history to have won both the European Cup and World Cup, after all.

I went for three football punts on the DDP this year based on newspaper coverage using "gravely ill" to describe them. Two of them are now dead. Time will tell, as I always say!

Freddie Goodwin at 82.

Notable for being a Babe too shit for Munich.

• Like 1

Graham Moore, 1959 BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year and former Charlton, Chelsea and Man Utd midfielder, dead at 74. Also played for the mighty Cobblers in their only top-flight season to date.

I'm liking that "to date" bit Spade, very droll. Carlisle fans drop the same one-liners now and again and we were top flight more recently than you lot. It'll take a meltdown of television incomes and Corbyn's election followed by a set wage for all professional footballers to get either of us back in the top 20, IMHO.

Not a death but making you all laugh is one of my missions. Every football fan saw Louis van Gaal making a dive. Twitter ran away with it and posted some hilarious takes on it. But the very best take was made by LUCKY TV.

Take a look at Louis, the shape shifter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm liking that "to date" bit Spade, very droll. Carlisle fans drop the same one-liners now and again and we were top flight more recently than you lot. It'll take a meltdown of television incomes and Corbyn's election followed by a set wage for all professional footballers to get either of us back in the top 20, IMHO.

Well, you never know. Look at Bournemouth...

Alternatively

Edit, nvm, broken links and html to facebollix. Wasnt that funny anway. Time to go back to the learn how to embed a video information....Might keep messing with it....

905th try

Former Caps United midfielder Anderson Phiri has died. He was 40. Phiri passed on at a Harare hospital on Sunday after losing a long battle with TB. He leaves behind a wife and two daughters. Phiri, who joined the Harare football giants from Mhangura in 2000, played under Zambian coach Fewdays Musonda and Rahman Gumbo.

As an honorary Cajun, I'm always happy to work 'gumbo' into my posts.
SC

First hit for my B-Team (surely, Mother Angelica and Lord Avebury can't be far behind?). Glad I chose him instead of Bill Kenwright, who just seemed a little too healthy.

Kenwright could be seen, live on BBC1 there, cheering on his side thrashing Chelsea. Dying, my arse. He looks healthier than most.

Paolo List, defensive lynchpin of Zeman's Foggia side of the 80s, dead from ALS at 52. Yet another Italian footballer of that time period who has died of the exact same disease.

Guest Dmitri

Hull City legend Les Mutrie. Soon.

Ian Britton, of Chelsea and Burnley, has died aged 61. He scored Burnley's winner that kept them in the football league back in '87.

Ian Britton, of Chelsea and Burnley, has died aged 61. He scored Burnley's winner that kept them in the football league back in '87.

Ex Dundee United as well

• Like 2

Buford, wasn't he one of the 14/15 players that Big Jum used to win the title??

• Like 1