The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2013

How's Mauro Forghieri doing these days? He's 77 now. And on a similar designer-related note, Ron Tauranac is 87 now. Also I think Sir Frank Williams would be a good shout, as he seems to be getting increasingly frail

Tauranac's okay, still sharp and should be okay for a few years, I think. Forghieri keeps a quiet profile, though I would be surprised to hear of his death in 2013. Gianni Lancia's still alive, by the way, and now in his late 80's. Not a designer, but former Ferrari team manager Romolo Tavoni is struggling, but I am not certain if he will get the obit required.

If you are going to do a Motorsport (as a whole) team, then the DDP team I chose for 2011 - The Final Lap - has a few decent suggestions which are still valid.

Worthy of DDP note, but obituary chances are so-so.... Bev Bond, ex F3 driver and successful club racer, has cancer, whilst Frank Sytner, ex touring car champ and owner of a huge range of garages in the East Midlands - although now better, has had many a heart scare/attack in the past.

OoO; sterling work my man, your selflessness in sharing the above is much appreciated. I'll confess Fitch was already on my long-list if only because he looked ultra frail in that documentary about the 1955 Le Mans accident screened a couple of years back. He co-drove the car that landed in the crowd (obviously, it wasn't his turn to be at the wheel when it crashed) and he invented a safety barrier used in motor sports, so I'd rate his obit chances fairly high despite his relatively low profile as a racer.

Mike Winters. The brother and comedy partner of comedian and dog lover Bernie Wintes. Born 1930

Dennis Norden famous for presenting It'll Be Alright on The Night will be 90 next year.

Bill Clinton? He might have switched to a vegan diet but his ticker's getting dickier by the day, according to The National Enquirer :excl: .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton

Until there's verification from a more reputable source I wouldn't expect him to be in the running

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-amanda-bynes-20120921,0,6891713.story

Former child star Amanda Bynes seems to be going down a Lindsay Lohan trainwreck path with a string of Dui's and drug and alcohols problems. Her agent,lawyer and publicist have all dropped her in recent weeks

Simon Cowell..on the basis that the 'bad facelift' looks more like a stroke and he's been quoted as saying he's quitting the cancer sticks and Richard Wilson, so start bringing out yer " 6 foot in the Grave' jokes, dusting em off and hold a Dachshund to yer ear for slight amusement.

Pip Pip

icicle

UNC basketball coach Roy Williams has had surgery to remove a tumor on one of his kidneys.

Roy was released from the hospital two days ago. There will be tests out this week determining weather the tumor was benign or malignant. If malignant, Roy will have to have another surgery, this time for his left kidney... This could be spicy and I'm watching it like a hawk.

Dennis Norden famous for presenting It'll Be Alright on The Night will be 90 next year.

91 next year. Born on exactly the same day as Patrick Macnee.

Richard Wilson, so start bringing out yer " 6 foot in the Grave' jokes, dusting em off and hold a Dachshund to yer ear for slight amusement.

Pip Pip

icicle

A couple of years ago I saw Richard Wilson play Malvolio at the RSC. For someone who is well over 70 he was remarkably sprightly and cavorted around the stage, so unless there is some medical suggestion of an underlying problem I would not take any bets on him for 2013.

Dunno when the interview was completed but Pete Murray (just turned 87), looked in fairly good shape discussing Mrs Mills on a BBC 4 documentary last night.

Richard Wilson, so start bringing out yer " 6 foot in the Grave' jokes, dusting em off and hold a Dachshund to yer ear for slight amusement.

Pip Pip

icicle

A couple of years ago I saw Richard Wilson play Malvolio at the RSC. For someone who is well over 70 he was remarkably sprightly and cavorted around the stage, so unless there is some medical suggestion of an underlying problem I would not take any bets on him for 2013.

He's showing no signs of slowing down, I'd wager he'll be around for a while yet

more of an idea for 2012 but 2013 can be an option too.

I wonder if abu hamza will decide to kill himself instead of being extradited to the USA . I think he is under house arrest so he definitely has the chance to do it. I think the others are still in prison .

Doubt an ego the size of Hamza would opt for that offing...but you never know.

Stan Lee, 89, has cancelled all planned public appearances due to ill health. Could be a contender for 2013.

Stan Lee, 89, has cancelled all planned public appearances due to ill health. Could be a contender for 2013.

Already mentioned in his own thread yesterday.

American TV actress Bonnie Franklin, 68, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...

I don't recognise the names of any of the programmes she's starred in, so I couldn't honestly say if she'd get a UK obit. However, I don't watch a lot of TV, so I'm probably not best placed to advise on this.

American TV actress Bonnie Franklin, 68, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...

I don't recognise the names of any of the programmes she's starred in, so I couldn't honestly say if she'd get a UK obit. However, I don't watch a lot of TV, so I'm probably not best placed to advise on this.

She's not particularly well-known this side of the pond, but with The Daily Mail embracing all things USAiain, she might get a mention there.

I would hazard a guess that her death would not be subject topic of any obit anywhere this side of the pond. Shame because the nasty cancer headline is very tempting but I for one can not risk a no show obit.

She's not particularly well-known this side of the pond, but with The Daily Mail embracing all things USAiain, she might get a mention there.

She appears to have pretty extensive theatrical credits, might merit a mention on that basis

Hoping to stick her in my DDP team next year. :ph34r:

The discussions in Margaret Thatcher on the 2012 names page got me thinking of all her triumphs and naturally 'The Miner's Strike' came to mind. Roy Lynk who founded the Union of Democratic Mineworkers (Traitor in chief) does not even have his own wiki page. Is he still alive? A UK obit would be a certainty.