Grim Reaper

Levi Stubbs

'Levi Stubbs' (Common name) is one of the high rated prostate cancer selections this year and he was one of my last cuts for DDP. It's a positive that Bo Diddley and Fats Domino were also selected, if we got two out of three it wouldn't shock me.

Don't know anything about this Stubbs chap but as an off the wall selection, you could have gone with Jerry Lee Lewis since there is always the chance he still owns a fire-arm or two! As we say time will tell.

Don't know anything about this Stubbs chap but as an off the wall selection, you could have gone with Jerry Lee Lewis since there is always the chance he still owns a fire-arm or two! As we say time will tell.

I think there ought to be a rule banning more than one candidate with Levi in their name. Also The Four Tops were top a long, long time ago. Still, I suppose a Top is worth slightly more than a Munchkin although that's debatable. I would have liked to see a Munchkin in the list.

Levi Stubbs is a good selection in my view and should have received a higher spot on the list.

Definitely famous enough for a U.K. obit - Lead singer of the Four Tops (1954 - 2000) well known internationally

Definitely sick enough - diabetes (since 1995), heart attack and stroke that left him wheelchair bound (2000), prostate cancer (since 2002)

Levi Stubbs is a good selection in my view and should have received a higher spot on the list.

Definitely famous enough for a U.K. obit - Lead singer of the Four Tops (1954 - 2000) well known internationally

Definitely sick enough - diabetes (since 1995), heart attack and stroke that left him wheelchair bound (2000), prostate cancer (since 2002)

Also, he was wheeled out on stage a year or two ago for a PBS documentary and looked terrible. Haven't heard much about him since. I suspect that more people will have picked him for 08 than they did in 07.

Dead

Well done DL on another hit!

He was number 21 on my DDP... :o (although weirdly I haven't considered him at all for DDP09 - maybe I knew I had blown my chance...)

Still, well done Deathlist: Back on track! :)

Guest Headliner

Levi Stubbed! That tops the total with 12!

Drat! he was on my list for next year

Levi Stubbs is the 12th success of 2008.

He is the 172nd success since 1987.

The 2008 list is now in third place, shared with 2004 and 2005, out of 22 lists..

Only two more deaths until we match the mighty haul of 2003. Less than two months to go...

Levi Stubbed out?

Lots of possibilties for the headline but I think Billy Bragg's contribution has to be selected

Something along the lines of "Pop of the Top" might have worked out ok with a bit more thought

Only two more deaths until we match the mighty haul of 2003. Less than two months to go...

Having checked on my calendar, more than two months to go still...

Has there ever been a least discussed Deathlist Graduate?

It's a positive that Bo Diddley and Fats Domino were also selected, if we got two out of three it wouldn't shock me.

I remain unshocked! BBC Obituary for Levi Stubbs.

The total tops at 12 ...

Ah yes, gottcha, one of mine I think...and the return of Banshees

About time...things have been so slow lately. :o

About time...things have been so slow lately. :o

You noticed that too. Glad i wasn't the only one.....

PS well done HCW (see 12th success poll)

Thanks Welshman. It just came to me in a flash of inspiration!

PS well done HCW (see 12th success poll)

Thanks Welshman. It just came to me in a flash of inspiration!

My idiocy only lasted about 2 minutes, how did you catch me :-) ?

Lots of possibilties for the headline but I think Billy Bragg's contribution has to be selected

Something along the lines of "Pop of the Top" might have worked out ok with a bit more thought

If the "top" had topped himself it would have worked better. And I believe T.O.P. can also mean time of passing, ie time of death

Never being bothered about the Four Tops, Stubbs only came to my attention when he voiced the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors". I thought his voice was really cool and checked the credits to find out who it was. A bit sad being eighteen at the time and not knowing his proper job, but there you have it.

DWB :)