Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

Mollie Sugden among the cast of Are You being Served which has a few survivors who are all getting long in the tooth. Also other fading sitcom stars like Richard Bryers, Warren Mitchell, Mike Winters. Sugden will go before Clive Dunn but Eric Sykes might go before both of them. What happened to Polly James off the Liver Birds? Can't find any recent biog. How is Bill Pertwee these days?

Also it's worth a trawl among the Grand Order of Water Rats, the society of comedy hasbeens offering summat to do as they wait for death

• Like 1

Guest iain
Mollie Sugden among the cast of Are You being Served which has a few survivors who are all getting long in the tooth. Also other fading sitcom stars like Richard Bryers, Warren Mitchell, Mike Winters. Sugden will go before Clive Dunn but Eric Sykes might go before both of them. What happened to Polly James off the Liver Birds? Can't find any recent biog. How is Bill Pertwee these days?

Also it's worth a trawl among the Grand Order of Water Rats, the society of comedy hasbeens offering summat to do as they wait for death

As far as I know Polly James Richard Briers and Bill Pertwee are in relatively good health ,however Mollie Sugden is getting ona bit now and is a possibility for this year.Eric Sykes is also a bit frail these days but maybe not at deaths door just yet..but then only God knows when their time will come...

Guest Mong

Yes.

Mrs Slocombe had a cat called Tiddles but never had a duck as far as I can recall. Mr Humphries on the other hand....

Guest iain

John Inman recently got marrried..to his long term male partner ;)

he looked in good health too

You mean he married Mr Lucas?

Matt Lucas? :banghead:

Guest Toke Deltorso

Matt Lucas? :blink:

Aye,bet he's not the only gay in his village!. :angry:

Have just been reading Alan Bennett's latest book. He must be one of the UK's finest writers. Even though he's on my list I hope he lives and keeps on writing for many more years to come. I mention him here because he's from Bradford, just down the road from Keighley where Mollie Sugden was born.

I mention him here because he's from Bradford, just down the road from Keighley where Mollie Sugden was born.

Is this developing into a Little Britain sketch?

Weren't you a bridesmaid at Mollie's wedding?

I'm afraid not, nor was I ever familiar with her pussy before you ask.

Guest God Of Turds And Man Breasts

Notice, what a sex kitten Wendy Richards was in AYBS yet look what she has turned into. Never marry a woman just cos she has a cute bod at the time, as age and time will piss on you from on high.

Much better to just rent young prostitutes until you are too old to get it up anymore. :ph34r:

Excuse me Sir Turd Man Breast, but what does this have to do with mollie Sugden? :ph34r:

Excuse me Sir Turd Man Breast, but what does this have to do with mollie Sugden? :(

Wendy Richard played Miss Brahms alongside Mollie's Mrs Slocombe. Wendy was indeed a cutie. I Remember when she talked about Luton Airport in some chocolate ad I think. Funnilly enough I have included Ms Richard on both of my deathlists while Ms Sugden features on neither.

Although God of Turds and Man Breasts is clearly a grade one plonker I do believe his posting had some relevance since the thread was intended to prod memories of other forgotten sitcom "stars".

The Are You Being Served cast seem to be lasting quite well since Cpt Peacock now finds himself in the sitcom retirement home of Last of the Summer Wine. Don't know what happened to Mr Rumbold though.

The last time I saw Mollie Sugden on TV was in some sketch (was it Little Britain?), where she had a knife in her back.

I Remember when she talked about Luton Airport in some chocolate ad I think.

That wasn't Wendy Richard, it was Lorraine Chase in an old Campari advert.

Bugger, you're right. I'd forgotten about her

Mr. Rumbold was played by Nicolas Smith,

most recently he was the voice of a character in the lateset Wallace and Gromit film " Curse of the Were-Rabbit".

Mr. Rumbold was played by Nicolas Smith,

most recently he was the voice of a character in the lateset Wallace and Gromit film " Curse of the Were-Rabbit".

Although dialogue was recorded some time ago before the animation started so could not be a good indicator of current health....

I always get him mixed up with Frank Williams (now about 75) who played the Vicar in Dad's Army. Not many of them left either.

Guest Guest
Have just been reading Alan Bennett's latest book. I mention him here because he's from Bradford

He's from Leeds, not Bradford. Armley to be precise.

• Like 1

Sorry, I wasn't far in to the book when I posted - great Christmas read. Leeds is only a bit farther away from Keighley where Mollie Sugden was born.

One day there may be a thread to discuss the great Don Revie team of the 70s. Billy Bremner and Albert Johansen and John Charles have already gone. Bobby Collins could be a possible. As far as I know, however, Mollie never played for Leeds.

One day there may be a thread to discuss the great Don Revie team of the 70s. Billy Bremner and Albert Johansen and John Charles have already gone. Bobby Collins could be a possible. As far as I know, however, Mollie never played for Leeds.

Although Lynne Perrie played Mollie in 'Leeds United'. :(

Lynne Perrie, sister of Duggie Brown. Now whatever happened to him?

• Like 1