Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

Having plagiarised an idea Maryportfuncity mentioned on the football thread, unless someone can come up with a better team to 'adopt', I give you

Fort William Football Club.

A full report on their game last weekend in which they lost 8-0 here

Ft William took their second 8-0 hammering in succession this weekend. Awesome!

• Like 1

Ft William took their second 8-0 hammering in succession this weekend. Awesome!

Awful, more like. My kinda Team. Go The Fort!

Some background information for those as interested as me... Fort William F.C..

in the 2007-08 season, the club suffered 27 defeats from 28 Highland League matches, running up an extraordinary goal difference of −142.
Edited by Magere Hein
Link fixed.

Okay, I'll confess to having paid money to watch them play. Only once, mind. 1-4 home defeat to Rothes near the start of the 97-98 campaign. Awesome ground, nestling near the bottom of Ben Nevis. Their then front-man Finlay Shearer struck me as solid and hard to dislodge but elsewhere they were bested for skill in almost every area of the park. Cheerful home crowd, mind, quite happy to banter with an offcomer like me in the crowd.

I'll state here and now that Fort William FC merchandise may form all or part of the prize should anyone actually win the 2010 Deathrace.

, our spiritual home, or summat.

, our spiritual home, or summat.

Cool, I recognise some of the pictures. I stayed in Ft. William for a day on my Scottish holiday. I had in mind to climb Ben Nevis, but the weather (rain, of course) prevented that. I like a hike, but I won't get wet and cold for a lousy view. Anyway, I spent the day in and around town. Nice town, a bit dull.

regards,

Hein

Why would the DL associate itself with losers? We are winners winners winners. Even this year.

I wonder how long it will be before we are recognised as having adopted them? Who would gain the most publicity? :pop:

After a mediocre start to the campaign with 5 losses, 1-4, 1-3, 1-6, 0-8, 0-8 and playing Nairn County, who put 5 past Turriff United last weekend, The Fort will be lucky to come away with anything from this.

I see that the U17 side (who by the sound of it will be playing in the senior side next season) recently ran out 15-0 winners over Invergordon.

A scoreline that'd please some of our USAn members happy, seeing how soccer's supposedly a boring low-scoring game that would be improved with larger goals.

Interesting to see that Windsor's home side, Fraserburgh, also play in the league and beat The Fort 6-1 recently.

Windsor, you can be our Johnnie on the spot and give us inside information for the next Fraserburgh v Fort William smackdown.

HFL fixtures and results.

The Fort's site has yet to record the slight upturn in their fortunes. Their game today followed in the customary 'eight goal thriller' tradition with a slight twist. Fort scored one of the eight:

Nairn County FC 7 vs Fort William 1

GO FORT AND MULTIPLY!!!!

The Fort's site has yet to record the slight upturn in their fortunes. Their game today followed in the customary 'eight goal thriller' tradition with a slight twist. Fort scored one of the eight:

Nairn County FC 7 vs Fort William 1

GO FORT AND MULTIPLY!!!!

Hoorayyyyyyyy!

When next are they in the Fraserburgh? I could try and get autographs if I'm feeling up to it.

It would certainly be a novelty to them...

Maybe I've been away too long but whilst doing some googling on our new best team (can we get a DL skull on their team kit I wonder?) I saw this horrid suggestion about reality TV and FWFC. Is this true? Another vague link. And do we really need to sell "soccer" [washes mouth out with soap and water] to the USAians anyway? I think MUFC and Liverpool fans would agree.

EDIT: Here's a little article, apologies if already posted, that (eventually) says you can sponsor a homematch for 150 squid.... can the DL community club together for such pride? Brighton sounds like a great location for the convention but would a trip to Fort William be like finding a soul mate? I hear the DL has had a bad year for significant deaths, or something.

Fort William is fine with me, even better if we could have DLCon this coming Friday as I'll be in the area anyway.

In the meantime here's the Facebook Fan Site for those interested in that sort of thing.

They have 9 fans at the moment, including me. It'd be nice to double that.

Maybe I've been away to long but whilst doing some googling on our new best team (can we get a DL skull on their team kit I wonder?) I saw this horrid suggestion about reality TV and FWFC. Is this true? Another vague link. And do we really need to sell "soccer" [washes mouth out with soap and water] to the USAians anyway? I think MUFC and Liverpool fans would agree.

EDIT: Here's a little article, apologies if already posted, that (eventually) says you can sponsor a homematch for 150 squid.... can the DL community club together for such pride? Brighton sounds like a great location for the convention but would a trip to Fort William be like finding a soul mate? I hear the DL has had a bad year for significant deaths, or something.

That's the same article I linked, but my link came up with a 404 error, so thanks for putting it up again. Stonking read.

Hot off a live feed:

Rothes 3 : 3 Fort William

OUR FIRST POINT!

Are they prospering from our support, or what?

FORT WILLIAM 2 STRATHSPEY 1.

HOORAYYYYYYYY. They are definately benefiting from our support.

FORT WILLIAM 2 STRATHSPEY 1.

HOORAYYYYYYYY. They are definately benefiting from our support.

Do any of you lot have me lined up as a dead pool choice, cos I'm telling ya, my head's in a strange place at this news. It could be summat I ate but those pins and needles down my arms might be down to this result.

I just hope we don't get tarred with the same brush as Man U supporters: We only support them 'cause they're winning.

It might be time to look for another, less successful club. :unsure:

I just hope we don't get tarred with the same brush as Man U supporters: We only support them 'cause they're winning.

It might be time to look for another, less successful club. :unsure:

Wrexham?

It might be time to look for another, less successful club. :lol:

Wrexham?

:unsure:

We're being a bit hasty, I have faith that the Fort can deliver a performance worthy of pity in the non-too-distant future.

• Like 1