Sign in to follow this  
Guest David

The Real Marigold Hotel and other OAP get togethers

Guest David

Ex - football pundit Ron Atkinson on Celebrity Big Brother in 2013. What a top guy! I was gutted when he was evicted on Day 9. I've actually met him - he's a really genuine, friendly guy. There's no side to him - he's just a wonderful guy.

Worthy of more than a mention in the idea's thread, this bbc2 programme is our idea of heaven.

Take a breenge of celebrity pensioners and take them to hot and humid India.

Interesting to see how fucked they really are and a mine of useful information , the beeb even took some of them to a hospital for a detailed health check.

Inmates include.

96868.jpg

Jan Leeming.

Single for 12 years you know (as she keeps going on about ad nauseam,), healthy looking 74, but was taken to a guru who correctly guessed the number of men in her life, what type of cancer her mum and granny died of and warned of short term memory loss. Dementia also is in her family.

5 years tops.

Bobby George.

Old Bobby is fair carrying the weight , walks with a stick and sleeps. A lot.

3 years double tops.

Wayne Sleep.

No health issues and fit as a flea. Not our sort.

15 years plus.

Patti Boulaye.

Only 61 so not really a pensioner, looks fine.

15 years plus.

Roy Walker.

Still appears heartbroken over his wife, his health appears okay though.

10 years plus.

Sylvester McCoy.

Hard to call as he always looked fucked, but I think his health is sound.

5-10 span.

Rosemary Shrager.

Morbidly obese with no will power at all yet still a workaholic. She might not last the year. Definitely one of ours.

3 years tops.

Miriam Margoyles.

Does not look good and again struggling in the heat to walk 10 yards. Her checkup told us she needs 2 new knees, plus a gall bladder op, both in next year or so.

5 years tops.

Next few weeks will be interesting.

• Like 1

I bow to you........................for watching that shite. :D

• Like 1

Lol, went round to neighbours to watch that man u Chelsea shite and they were watching it.

Actually was thinking Margoyles was a goner at the Taj Mahal visit.

But....it is the sort of thing the beeb might run with for 3 or 4 seasons, which is 20-30 names.

• Like 1

I didn't realise Miriam Margoyles is 75 this year!

I saw McCoy a year or two ago, at the Tramway. He looked fecked, but within five minutes was bounding up onto the stage like a much younger man. Might have that thing where you get so many periods of ill health, it sturdies up your immune system. [Whereas Tom B is apparently in frail health, and Colin B looks like a heart attack in waiting, but I digress...]

I saw McCoy a year or two ago, at the Tramway. He looked fecked, but within five minutes was bounding up onto the stage like a much younger man. Might have that thing where you get so many periods of ill health, it sturdies up your immune system. [Whereas Tom B is apparently in frail health, and Colin B looks like a heart attack in waiting, but I digress...]

McCoy was only ever good in Vision On.

True, at least in that you didn't hear his horrible high pitched whiny Scottish accent.

Also in the above picture I notice he's wearing Crocs in public, that alone should justify execution by firing squad.

• Like 2

Aye, old Percy Kent-Smith has a right Scottish accent...

Never knew that. My maternal grandfather's name was Percy Smith, do you think ... hang on McCoy's not 136 is he?

True, at least in that you didn't hear his horrible high pitched whiny Scottish accent.

Also in the above picture I notice he's wearing Crocs in public, that alone should justify execution by firing squad.

And the Margoyles woman is wearing trainers with a dress, firing squad is too good for her. I found myself watching this as well and was surprised to find that Rosemary Schrager is only 65, can't see her making it to 70.

Nah, wartime baby, father was killed I think. He defo wasn't Scottish, think mother was from the land of the bogs and the little people. (Durham).

I saw McCoy a year or two ago, at the Tramway. He looked fecked [...]

Are you sure it was the real McCoy?

• Like 1

I used to live a couple of streets away from Jan Leeming and saw her regularly. She's in vey good shape and will be going nowhere for a good few years. Her mother and father were both well into their 90s when they died recently.

that one in the middle of the picture looks like she should be hanging around in parks carrying a stripy carrier bag and telling anyone who will listen about her cats

I saw McCoy a year or two ago, at the Tramway. He looked fecked [...]

Are you sure it was the real McCoy?

:lol:

Given he was performing in the play we attended, and Mum has met him before several times in the past, I'd hope so! :P

I used to live a couple of streets away from Jan Leeming and saw her regularly. She's in vey good shape and will be going nowhere for a good few years. Her mother and father were both well into their 90s when they died recently.

Yeh she 'looks' fine, but.....

Her parents would've bounced off each other to get to that age. It might've been the way it was cut, but she raved on about being alone for the last 12 years.

And at the end she had a good greet because the bloke who walked out on her then , had been cremated the day before.

I'll stick with my prediction ,unless anything major happens in the show. Like her getting it on with Bobby George.

• Like 1

Yeh she 'looks' fine, but.....

Her parents would've bounced off each other to get to that age. It might've been the way it was cut, but she raved on about being alone for the last 12 years.

And at the end she had a good greet because the bloke who walked out on her then , had been cremated the day before.

I'll stick with my prediction ,unless anything major happens in the show. Like her getting it on with Bobby George.

She was able to suck the life out of any room she was in. And that guru was pretty pessimistic about her. But hey ho, she's going to spend 4 months a year living in a little flat off an Indian family's home, so maybe she'll be fine. But I share your doubts...

Rosemary Shrager shows every sign of keeling over any time soon. She's one of those that will be sudden but unsurprising, a bit like when the Two Fat Ladies pegged it. Just googled her name to check the spelling and the second prediction on Google was 'Rosemary Shrager dead' so it doesn't look like we're the only ones expecting it.

She was able to suck the life out of any room she was in.

How do you mean? What does she do?

:ssssssssslllllluuuurrpppppppppp:

Success!!! BBC commissions second series with all new cast of ageing coffin dodgers, plus (oddly) a Christmas special with the current lot.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-02-15/the-real-marigold-hotel-to-return-for-christmas-special-and-second-series-with-new-cast

Shall we try to predict who is going to be in it?

Gyles Brandreth will need to fulfil his contractual obligation to appear on every bloody TV show in Britain.

• Like 1

The Christmas Special (set in Florida) is on the 27th Dec. More footage of Rosemary Shrager and Miriam Margoyles looking like they're about to keel over just in time for stragglers pondering spots 15-20 on their DDP teams, no doubt.

Next series includes Bill Oddie, Lionel Blair, Sheila Ferguson, Miriam Stoppard, Rustie Lee, Paul Nicholas, Amanda Barrie and Dennis Taylor.

Next series includes Bill Oddie, Lionel Blair, Sheila Ferguson, Miriam Stoppard, Rustie Lee, Paul Nicholas, Amanda Barrie and Dennis Taylor.

They really scraped the bottom of the barrel with this lot...