Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

I don't seem able to start a new thread...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am I doing wrong, or alternatively, why isn't the forum allowing me this privilege?

I just logged in as a normal user and successfully created a new topic. I also checked your account, there's nothing there that prevents you from doing the same. I don't know why for you it was verboten.

I do remember now that I had some trouble posting recently. I didn't take notes, so I can't remember exactly what I tried to do, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Anyway, the board software refused my contribution with some error message, and, interestingly, the same 404 error message. The dreaded 404 message tells us that the web server hosting our forum couldn't find a file the forum software wanted.

I think that that web server has one or more problems. I noticed that the last few months the server can be very sluggish at times. It seems the hosting company have issues with bandwidth, database server capacity or some other computing resource.

My speculation is that some forum they host has become very popular and eats server resources like popcorn. If my thoughts are correct it's something that needs The Boss's attention. I'll do some research and report to GR.

regards,

Hein

Anybody know anything about Turbocad software? Specifically how I can convert a file into a PDF? Have tried various free converter software but nothing is working so far.

TurboCAD is quite old hat now. Any new all singing all dancing system would be fairly easy - just "save as" then choose "save as PDF". You may be better off exporting it as a DXF file if you need whatever it is full size - and you will need a big plotter if the item has any size beyond A4.

Their site want $30 for the help file downloads. In the round that's a small price to pay. Just the annual rental on my work place Catia system is about £4k.

So Lardy, what are you doing?

TurboCAD is quite old hat now. Any new all singing all dancing system would be fairly easy - just "save as" then choose "save as PDF". You may be better off exporting it as a DXF file if you need whatever it is full size - and you will need a big plotter if the item has any size beyond A4.

Their site want $30 for the help file downloads. In the round that's a small price to pay. Just the annual rental on my work place Catia system is about £4k.

So Lardy, what are you doing?

Well, I'd like to tell you that I'm doing something really intelligent and important - but I'm actually asking for my dad - he uses it for drawing houseplans etc. I did have a look at the export thing, will have another try next time I'm visiting. Bloody parents!

Youtube seems to have made changes to how it puts its url's............ now some work and some don't (for me), eg http://www.youtube.c...v=7RMDZqBrjCI#!

Any pointers?

Let me see. You posted a URL:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7RMDZqBrjCI#"]http://www.youtube.c...&v=7RMDZqBrjCI#[/url]

which is a URL link to a Youtube video, embellished with extra bits I don't immediately understand.

Interesting, using the URL BBCode like this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMDZqBrjCI[/url]

will embed the video in the post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMDZqBrjCI

as if you had used

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMDZqBrjCI[/media]

My advice is using the second format.

Hope this helps.

Very educational video, BTW. :D

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Cheers Hein :)

Good day, confused noob seeks clarification:

Why do people post just full stops?

Never seen that before and cant really understand it. I know every site has its idiosyncracies, but could someone explain it for me?

Cheers!

It usually means the content of the post has been deleted by the 'author'.

Besides that, some folk are just idiots...

This is, of course, very true.

Didn't realise non-mods/admin could edit posts. That'll take some getting used to.

Cheers Windsor.

Don't know if it's my laptop or not, but the blue 'dots' next to the threads are not disappearing after I read the posts. Any PC geniuses out there know how to fix that? Woke up yesterday morning and it seemed all my cookies had been removed. (Not by me)

Hey guys so there's this mission trip I'm interested in... And I was thinking of ways to fundraise and thought that running a deathpool like stiffs or C4C would be a fun way. Anyone know of the right kind of software? Without ripping off C4C or ol' Kelly at stiffs..

Ps.. Logged in Paul?

Hey guys so there's this mission trip I'm interested in... And I was thinking of ways to fundraise and thought that running a deathpool like stiffs or C4C would be a fun way. Anyone know of the right kind of software? Without ripping off C4C or ol' Kelly at stiffs..

Ps.. Logged in Paul?

Yep! Also noticed that I get the red squiggly line under a word if I mis-spell it. Never had that before. Also when quoting, hitting the return button does nothing.

Guest Jr976evil

Guys, I seem to have a slight problem. I was logged out of my account for some reason and couldn't remember my password. I did click the relevant link, however then I remembered that the email address I gave when I first signed up is now defunct. Would I still be able to login under the same account if I provided my new password, or would I have to start over?

Guest Jr976evil

Guys, I seem to have a slight problem. I was logged out of my account for some reason and couldn't remember my password. I did click the relevant link, however then I remembered that the email address I gave when I first signed up is now defunct. Would I still be able to login under the same account if I provided my new password, or would I have to start over?

Whoops sorry shoulda said new email!

You should be able to change your e-mail address if you go into your user CP

Unfortunately, one needs to log for access to a user CP, which may prove a tad difficult with a lost password.

If everything else fails, I'll think of a solution, Jr976evil.

regards,

Hein

Unfortunately, one needs to log for access to a user CP, which may prove a tad difficult with a lost password.

regards,

Hein

Shit, never thought of that. We can change your password, but I don't know how we can let you know what it is unless we can send you an e-mail which means you'll have to e-mail one of the admins.

Guest Jr976evil

regards,

Hein

Shit, never thought of that. We can change your password, but I don't know how we can let you know what it is unless we can send you an e-mail which means you'll have to e-mail one of the admins.

For that I'll need an email address. I assume I can't message any of you on here unless I'm logged in?

regards,

Hein

For that I'll need an email address. I assume I can't message any of you on here unless I'm logged in?

Follow me on Twitter, I'll see what I can do.

Guest Jr976evil

regards,

Hein

Not on Twitter I'm afraid...

regards,

Hein

Not on Twitter I'm afraid...

I'm sure we'll think of something. Sleepy time now.

Out of curiousity, is there a banner saying "AdminCP ModeratorCP" at the top of the forum for people with moderating powers? I've been a mod on another place that used IPforums, and on there you were able to change the email of a member itself through the AdminCP.

Register under a different name and PM an admin, we might be able to do something about it.