football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

Guest Conrad Simpson-Lopez

I propose we put Conrad Murray on the list. Yes, he was Michael Jackson's doctor, but he's facing involuntary manslaughter charges for what he did and he's on suicide watch.

It'd be a long shot to nominate him but......Frank Evans, a 67 year old British matador who had a heart by-pass in the last few years, is back in the bull ring.

Maybe Muhammad Ali?

Muhammad Ali visits Irish ancestral home

http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/...E5805HZ20090901

..."Ali, who has been battling Parkinson's disease for years, was made an honorary freeman of the town at a reception broadcast on screens for hundreds of fans outside the building, and local schools had a half day off for the occasion. Television showed a frail-looking Ali, who is in Ireland for charity events, making boxing moves to fans.

Frail Muhammad Ali meets Henry Cooper on 'final' tour of Britain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ur-Britain.html

..."Ali, 67, who has lived with Parkinson's Disease since 1984, received a standing ovation from the crowd. The three-times world champion, now 67, has embarked on a tour of the UK which experts fear could be his last....

Muhammad Ali Visits Ricky Hatton's Gym

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sport...cky_hattons_gym

..."Most of the pieces written about this today have pointed out that Ali is looking very frail at the moment, which is indeed the case. He’s rarely on his feet anymore, usually seen in a wheelchair or a golf cart, although he did manage to walk into Hatton’s gym with some help from his wife, Lonnie. He also doesn’t speak anymore, either, and yet whenever this fact is mentioned anywhere in print, it is quickly followed by a reminder that “his eyes take in everything.” One wonders how we can be so sure of such a thing when the man himself is mute, but evidently it is important for us to believe that it is true."

OoO's outside bet tip for the DDP number 1:

Brian Heron - born 19th June 1948 - link

Footballer with Oxford, which normally wouldn't get an obit on its own. However, when Heron's team-mate Nigel Cassidy died recently, BBC obit straightaway. Apparently Poxford have good links with the Beeb so BBC Oxford might cover it. Anyway, Heron's problem is a severe stroke has left him in a nursing home permanently, unable to speak. Apparently, depression is a real problem..

OoO's outside bet tip for the DDP number 2:

A motor racing one - and considering most of who I knew was ill this year has died, it might not be a bad one.

Julian Bailey. Now 48, this ex-Grand Prix driver & former "Stig" of BBC's Top Gear, was an avid smoker & drinker. He's finally packed in the cigarettes after being seriously ill for some time over the last year. But still drinks heavily... and runs a pub. As he was a very James Hunt-esque driver & personality in his approach to life & racing, don't be suprised if he ends up like Hunt did... dead & early.

He's now recovered from his illness, but his racing days are over due to his health.

Cracking spots OoO, respect!

Re Brian Heron, it's a heartfelt letter from his brother making plain Brian's depression and the positive role played by the good wishes and simple gifts of those remembering his football career. I mean, what if someone broke it to Brian that there are deadpoolers out there counting on his demise................?

Just askin', like.

Marshall Lytle, 76, one of Bill Haley's Comets.

Even though Marshall has an incredible spirit and an amazingly positive attitude, those close to him know that he is going through a very serious medical situation. Your prayers of support and healing would be most appreciated...

Sir Richard Winton - this guy - is 100 years old.

Marshall Lytle, 76, one of Bill Haley's Comets.

Even though Marshall has an incredible spirit and an amazingly positive attitude, those close to him know that he is going through a very serious medical situation. Your prayers of support and healing would be most appreciated...

All set to record a double A-side of Hop Around the Clock/At the Hop.

The Duke of Hamilton isn't doing too well.

The Duke of Hamilton isn't doing too well.

Windsor, I'm worried you might have me on "ignore". :sick:

Ah - my mistake. I must have missed your earlier post. Apologies

Bengali/Canadian/Polish Bollywood actress Lisa Ray is suffering from incurable multiple myeloma.

I think Dr. Death Jack K. may finally be ripe in 2010.

I also saw someone say Amy Winehouse, which is inevitable. I'm also gonna go on a limb and put Dr. Conrad Murray Up for a 2010 possibility, because some freaked out MJ fan in prison will kill him. Michael J. Fox as well, and I always expect Courtney Love EVERY year, she's my permanant nom. Lol

this site is ate up, lol which says alot about me posting to it. I love it.

What's with the thread name change? :rolleyes:

I think Dr. Death Jack K. may finally be ripe in 2010.

I also saw someone say Amy Winehouse, which is inevitable. I'm also gonna go on a limb and put Dr. Conrad Murray Up for a 2010 possibility, because some freaked out MJ fan in prison will kill him. Michael J. Fox as well, and I always expect Courtney Love EVERY year, she's my permanant nom. Lol

this site is ate up, lol which says alot about me posting to it. I love it.

I.m willing to bet you that not one of these names will die this year.

I agree Vaagy, those are poor selections.

It's changed back again!

Carry on...

I'll go out of my way and consider speculating that Maura Tierney will not make it in 2010.

She could possibly be the tragic celebrity death who fits the "gone too soon" bill of 2010.

I'm also considering Robin Williams as well, particualrly in light of his recent health problems. He could be to 2010 what MJ was to 2009.

It's changed back again!

Carry on...

I merged Shozzy's post into the main thread, but cocked it up by merging the main thread into theirs. I thought I'd fixed it all up, but someone with more technical savvy than me must've been in under cover of darkness.

Move along, nothing too see here...

Texas guitarist Ally McErlaine is critically ill in hospital after suffering a brain haemorrhage. I'm not a big fan of Texas, but I remember him from his pre-Texas days when he hung around the same nightclub and pubs in Glasgow as me. I hope he recovers from this but it isn't looking good.

At this time I would like to nominate the so-called actor by the name of Hoskins. Robert W. Hoskins usually known as Bob Hoskins.

The reasons are many----

1)He was born in 1942, this means he's pushing 67. Not old; but not young either.

2)Grimly obbvious---he was born in a town named BURY. Now they may have a soccor club or whatever

you call it in England; but the fact remains the place is called BURY.

3)It has now been several years since his first marriage ended. In that wedded bliss{?} he was united with

a broad by the name of LIVEsey. Well he is no longer with the LIVEsey lady so he can, shall we say, no

longer be aLIVE through her good name and graces.

4)His career although not fully terminated, is close to it. Amng his current projects is the dismal We Want Sex

which has costars Miranda Richardson and Daniel Mays. As all good DLers know,, the past year has seen

the untimely death of a Richardsoon (Natasha) and a Mays (product hawker Billy). Hanging around the

set with people with death related names is not good. If that's not enough it also has actor Rupert GRAVES!

Not at all a good sign for Hoskins.

So with that. I submit Bob Hoskins as a candidate for 2010.