Handrejka

Lynch Mob

With news that a third series of Twin Peaks is in the pipeline, I thought I'd start a thread for all things Lynch related, but especially those might be possible dead pool picks.

Twin Peaks

Warren Frost is 90 next year so may be worth a look, Piper Laurie and Russ Tamblyn are also getting up there in years, Michael. J. Anderson had some sort of breakdown last year and I don't think Lara Flynn Boyle is human any more.

From Lost Highway Robert Loggia and Robert Blake have been mentioned elsewhere as possibilities.

Any more we can think of?

• Like 1

Shame the byline wasn't Eraserdead...

• Like 1

I must say I've watched a couple of episodes of Twin Peaks on SyFy recently and I thought it to be the most baffling shash.

Sorry but that's my opinion, and coming from someone who thinks Blue Velvet was a 10/10 film.

I guess maybe if I watched it from the beginning it would make less sense?

• Facepalm 1

Watched every episode of Twin Peaks at the time. Very little of it made any sense what so ever. In fact I would say it was the largest waste of time (along with watching all of Lost and the first of the Lord of the Rings films).

Was trying to think of a pun but it really isn't my forte. Dr Zorders. Do you know what episodes you watched. It does get very silly/a bit crap for a while after the killer is revealed but it picks up again in the last couple of episodes. I was 14 and sexually confused at the time it came out, so the fact that I could openly drool over the pretty guys while secretly going to sleep lusting after Audrey Horne probably had more of an impact that the storyline itself.

Was trying to think of a pun but it really isn't my forte. Dr Zorders. Do you know what episodes you watched. It does get very silly/a bit crap for a while after the killer is revealed but it picks up again in the last couple of episodes. I was 14 and sexually confused at the time it came out, so the fact that I could openly drool over the pretty guys while secretly going to sleep lusting after Audrey Horne probably had more of an impact that the storyline itself.

Eh... something like series 2 episode 11 or 14 or something. So towards the end.

Eh... something like series 2 episode 11 or 14 or something. So towards the end.

Ah you endured the nadir of the series, super strength Nadine and the Evelyn Marsh yawnfest, even the die hard fans struggle with those episodes.

Give it another go from the start and if you still don't find anything to like after the 4th episode it's probably not for you.

Well, there was reports on Twitter (so unofficial) that Russ Tamblyn had open heart surgery a few days ago.

Composer Angelo Badalamenti is 77 now. But I don't know about his health status.

Probably doesn't mean anything but googling Michael Ontkean automatically brings up "Michael Ontkean sick." Anyone know anymore more?

Probably doesn't mean anything but googling Michael Ontkean automatically brings up "Michael Ontkean sick." Anyone know anymore more?

When I google him, I automatically get "Michael Ontkean Twin Peaks"

I like the llama scene in Twin Peaks, mainly because of Michael Ontkean's efforts to keep a straight face. :)

• Like 1

I like the llama scene in Twin Peaks, mainly because of Michael Ontkean's efforts to keep a straight face. :)

Yes that's a great little scene.

Guest Guest

George Dickerson, who played a detective in Blue Velvet, investigating the circumstances around a severed ear, has died aged 81.

He also had a recurring role on Hill Street Blues

Hmm, so she has logged off.

With news that a third series of Twin Peaks is in the pipeline, I thought I'd start a thread for all things Lynch related, but especially those might be possible dead pool picks.

Twin Peaks

Warren Frost is 90 next year so may be worth a look, Piper Laurie and Russ Tamblyn are also getting up there in years, Michael. J. Anderson had some sort of breakdown last year and I don't think Lara Flynn Boyle is human any more.

From Lost Highway Robert Loggia and Robert Blake have been mentioned elsewhere as possibilities.

Robert Loggia dies at 85. http://variety.com/2015/film/news/robert-loggia-scarface-dies-dead-1201654545/

After the Log Lady, seems to be a Lynch-esque theme developing.

Twin Peaks

I've posted this before on DL, but Loggia stars in one of my favourite film scenes.

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
I cunningly changed the duplicate death post to this video instead, but it looks like YW spotted me before I got away with it.
  • Like 2

Quite the impressive list of parts, is there a genre Loggia hasn't done?

Cartoons?

Nah, did that.

• Like 1

Someone posted on a Lynch forum the other day that Ontkean has serious heart problems, which is why he pulled out of the new Twin Peaks venture.

P.S David Bowie appeared in a Lynch film

Someone posted on a Lynch forum the other day that Ontkean has serious heart problems, which is why he pulled out of the new Twin Peaks venture.

P.S David Bowie appeared in a Lynch film

Interesting thanks. I did wonder about his health when he pulled out of Twin Peaks 3 at the 11th hour.