Windsor

Bird Flu

LATEST: Suspected case of bird flu found in seagull in Finland.

Bird flu may have made it to Finland so if/when it reaches Britain, what are the chances of it killing any of our 50. Experts say the disease could kill up to 50,000 in Britain alone.

• Like 1

Let's hope none of our DL members get this illness if it

really is as existent and as dangerous as it sounds.

Don't worry though. I'm in New York. I'll be just fine...

Don't worry though. I'm in New York. I'll be just fine...

I don't want to disturb your quiet, but not only birds can fly.

Dutch government has ordered poultry farmers to put their birds inside, so they're sheltered from biological air attacks. I wonder if it'll help.

regards,

Hein

It sounds awful fatal?

I've not heard that before. It's rather charming :lol:

The fact that one bird in Finland has bird flu means nothing. There's no chance a seagull can have contracted it as it won't have been in SE Asia any time recently. More likely that the unfortunate non-famous seagull had something similat to bird flu, which is actually quite common amongst birds everywhere.

As for the chance of any DL candidates snuffing because of bird flu, they are quite slim in the short term at least. Only about sixty people from around a billion in Asia have died so far and they worked in direct contact with birds in conditions more unsanitory than our feather friends in the northern hemisphere. Additionally there's no evidence yet that bird flu has become transmissable between humans.

The fact that one bird in Finland has bird flu means nothing. There's no chance a seagull can have contracted it as it won't have been in SE Asia any time recently. More likely that the unfortunate non-famous seagull had something similat to bird flu, which is actually quite common amongst birds everywhere.

As for the chance of any DL candidates snuffing because of bird flu, they are quite slim in the short term at least. Only about sixty people from around a billion in Asia have died so far and they worked in direct contact with birds in conditions more unsanitory than our feather friends in the northern hemisphere. Additionally there's no evidence yet that bird flu has become transmissable between humans.

I haven't fully checked my facts (too bone idle), but I recall some information that the 1918 catastrophic flu epidemic spread from an avian strain. Many millions died then, the carnage now, with our more cramped living conditions and ease of travel could be far worse.

I haven't fully checked my facts (too bone idle), but I recall some information that the 1918 catastrophic flu epidemic spread from an avian strain. Many millions died then, the carnage now, with our more cramped living conditions and ease of travel could be far worse.

I'm just going downstairs now to strangle my parrots :lol:

huh: Ooh, errr, sounds rather risque.

huh: Ooh, errr, sounds rather risque.

:lol: Well that's set me up for the day. The joke, um, not the "strangling"..

"I'm just going to choke t'chicken mother. I've 'eard that bird flu's on t'way"

And yes Windsor that bird flue disease. It sounds awful fatal?

Perhaps one of our DL canidates will.. . ..

I'm sure 'bird flue' would be awful fatal. Imagine suddenly growing a chimney, crickey!!! :angry:

I'm sure 'bird flue' would be awful fatal. .......

Don't mock, have you ever had a bird fly down your chimney? Makes a real mess in the room.

Don't mock, have you ever had a bird fly down your chimney? Makes a real mess in the room.

No, but I hear a certain R. Gere has had a rat up his drainpipe at some stage or other. [Allegedly]

I can't recall a bird, but for squirrels there were many.

It seems that many of the (human) victims are involved in breeding birds for cock fighting. Apparently the owners give mouth to mouth resuscitation to downed birds.

So you've got to get pretty friendly with a chicken to catch it...

And I don't think erotic asphyxiation of your parrots will be too dangerous so long as you don't stick the tongue in...

Can bird flu be caught from a hat ?

Can bird flu be caught from a hat ?

Yes - if it is used for cock fighting.

And you give it mouth to mouth.

And slip the tongue in.

There is some kind of respitory illness outbreak in Canada. Could this be the bird flu?

Unidentified Respiratory Illness Infects Residents of Toronto nursing home

Sixty-eight residents of the Seven Oaks Home for the Aged in Scarborough, Ontario, have been infected along with eight employees and three visitors, David McKeown, Toronto's medical officer of health, said in a statement on Canada NewsWire today

Sixty-eight residents of the Seven Oaks Home for the Aged in Scarborough, Ontario, have been infected along with eight employees and three visitors, David McKeown, Toronto's medical officer of health, said in a statement on Canada NewsWire today.

Let me take a stab at some residents' names: Donald and Daffy Duck, Tweety and The Roadrunner. :)

regards,

Hein

Avian flu H5N1 confirmed in Turkey?

Let's hope it doesn't spread to the stuffing and roast potatoes...

How many people has this flu killed in total?

About 60 odd according to the BBC news website :D