themaninblack

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Interesting debate but what's so great about gays (queers, lesies, cock bandits, arse bandits, faggots, homos, fudgepackers, botty boys, poofs, ponces, dykes, fairies) that they should get their own thread? Not sure there should be a pink thread that works like a gay box for all things gay. What about other minorities?

Should we also have a unidexter thread for unidexters who may be reaching the end game? A black thread for black people (or should that be Afro Caribbean or is that too PC for some?) A Paki thread? A Chinky thread? One for wops, spics, kikes, Micks, left footers, convicts, Tykes, scousers, barrow boys, geeks, round eyes, slant eyes, trailer trash, Sloanies, Ras, toffs, aristos, rednecks, honkies, nips, yellow bellies, dagos, waps, frogs, huns, towel heads, skinheads, Polaks, retards, fatties, stick insects, short arses, MPs, gimmers, pedos, pervs, picaninies, Jesus freaks, munchkins (whoops!), veggies, commies, pinkos, fascists, spades, wimmin, Telegraph readers, Banshees Scream, ghouls (surely not here) and so on and so on.

Or just the gay ones?

As a Yorkshireman (Tyke, Yorkshire git, northern git [twat etc. etc]) I have long been frustrated by the appropriation of the word "queer" as it was always used in my family to mean "odd", as in "Nowt so queer as folk." Then it became a derogatory term for gays and now I understand gays (etc, etc) have "reclaimed" the word. Why can't Yorkshire folk (gits, twats etc) reclaim it?

Apologies for anyone who does not feel they are covered by any of the above categories. Oh and apologies also to Lenny Bruce.

What's a gimmer?

• Like 1

Interesting debate but what's so great about gays (queers, lesies, cock bandits, arse bandits, faggots, homos, fudgepackers, botty boys, poofs, ponces, dykes, fairies) that they should get their own thread? Not sure there should be a pink thread that works like a gay box for all things gay. What about other minorities?

Should we also have a unidexter thread for unidexters who may be reaching the end game? A black thread for black people (or should that be Afro Caribbean or is that too PC for some?) A Paki thread? A Chinky thread? One for wops, spics, kikes, Micks, left footers, convicts, Tykes, scousers, barrow boys, geeks, round eyes, slant eyes, trailer trash, Sloanies, Ras, toffs, aristos, rednecks, honkies, nips, yellow bellies, dagos, waps, frogs, huns, towel heads, skinheads, Polaks, retards, fatties, stick insects, short arses, MPs, gimmers, pedos, pervs, picaninies, Jesus freaks, munchkins (whoops!), veggies, commies, pinkos, fascists, spades, wimmin, Telegraph readers, Banshees Scream, ghouls (surely not here) and so on and so on.

Or just the gay ones?

As a Yorkshireman (Tyke, Yorkshire git, northern git [twat etc. etc]) I have long been frustrated by the appropriation of the word "queer" as it was always used in my family to mean "odd", as in "Nowt so queer as folk." Then it became a derogatory term for gays and now I understand gays (etc, etc) have "reclaimed" the word. Why can't Yorkshire folk (gits, twats etc) reclaim it?

Apologies for anyone who does not feel they are covered by any of the above categories. Oh and apologies also to Lenny Bruce.

What's a gimmer?

Take your pick. I suppose I was thinking of 2 and 4.

Stephen Gately's recent tragic death and that of Matt Lucas' ex Kevin McGee has got me thinking.

Prominent homosexuals do seem to have shorter lifespans. Even if you disregard the obvious AIDS tragedies that

have happened over the years, many known (or indeed not so 'known') homosexuals have come a cropper somewhat early.

I'm thinking radio DJ Kevin Greening who bought the farm last Christmas.

BBC presenter Christopher Price (Christopher who? You ask) who died suddenly in 2002.

Russel Harty and Kenneth Williams..

Montgomery Clift and James Dean..

Just a few examples...

Kenneth's Williams comedy partner Hugh Paddick who was also gay lived until he was 85, and Kenneth Horne who was straigh died at the same age as Kenneth Williams. I think people see the patterns they want to see.

BTW - any else think George Clooney is gay?

It's that little wiggle he does with his face when he talks isn't it?

Hmmm...

I have well and truely been put in my box with the avalanche of old queers (sorry Godot!) loitering with intent on this thread.

If, Godot, you looked through all the threads created since 2003, pretty much every denomination have been covered to some degree or another,

I mean that's what's this forum all about and it's created a stir just as certain people were bemoaning the lack of action on this site..

...wonder who that was? :skull:

Or just the gay ones?

What's a gimmer?

Take your pick. I suppose I was thinking of 2 and 4.

Oh, you mean an LFN. Thank goodness for that, I was imagining something far worse involving rubber gloves and a selection of bicycle pumps.

Or just the gay ones?

Quite and I accept your apologies on behalf of the gay squid community for forgetting their plight.

Apparently SQUID stands for Swimming Queers United in Denver so you might have to travel far and wide to reclaim your word Godot. Will we also be reclaiming gay to mean happy, jolly etc as well?

Interesting debate blah blah....

Quite and I accept your apologies on behalf of the gay squid community for forgetting their plight.

Apparently SQUID stands for Swimming Queers United in Denver so you might have to travel far and wide to reclaim your word Godot. Will we also be reclaiming gay to mean happy, jolly etc as well?

I hold my hands up MIB. Where I come from I would be considered as queer as they get. But the problem with this thread is that it risks drawing attention from other, ahem, well loved threads. Gay squid should not be here Mono and you know that. That was provocation. They may be gay but they're squid and should be in the squid thread. Besides, whatever they do in their private life is their business.

The thing is that we all attract labels. I'm a queer Tyke gimmer (that's gimmer not gimp) but do I need to be pigeonholed as such? I agree that there's nowt so queer as squid, but it hurts to see them here and it's symptomatic of the way the gay community hijack (Ooo, controversial!) a lot of the best stuff in entertainment like that bloody Norton bloke who I can't stand, not because he's gay or because he's Irish but because he's such a repulsive, mincing lady boy tart who fannies on to our screens. He's just not manly, not like a....lumberjack.

I hold my hands up MIB. Where I come from I would be considered as queer as they get. But the problem with this thread is that it risks drawing attention from other, ahem, well loved threads. Gay squid should not be here Mono and you know that. That was provocation. They may be gay but they're squid and should be in the squid thread. Besides, whatever they do in their private life is their business.

The thing is that we all attract labels. I'm a queer Tyke gimmer (that's gimmer not gimp) but do I need to be pigeonholed as such? I agree that there's nowt so queer as squid, but it hurts to see them here and it's symptomatic of the way the gay community hijack (Ooo, controversial!) a lot of the best stuff in entertainment like that bloody Norton bloke who I can't stand, not because he's gay or because he's Irish but because he's such a repulsive, mincing lady boy tart who fannies on to our screens. He's just not manly, not like a....lumberjack.

I have to say I get a bit irate when any public figure, pop culture icon and historical figure gets labelled a 'gay icon' rendering it utterly

pointless for everyone else. Tagged and labelled like a feral beast rather than free to roam the tundra of ambiguous interpretation.

Gay culture has in the main been a positive influence on pop culture, often one step ahead of the rest. But the hijacking of things like old phrases

retroactively labelling everything as the exclusive property of a subculture is boring..

Let's set free ABBA, Judy Garland and The Sound of Music from such chains!

I have to say I get a bit irate when any public figure, pop culture icon and historical figure gets labelled a 'gay icon' rendering it utterly

pointless for everyone else. Tagged and labelled like a feral beast rather than free to roam the tundra of ambiguous interpretation.

Gay culture has in the main been a positive influence on pop culture, often one step ahead of the rest. But the hijacking of things like old phrases

retroactively labelling everything as the exclusive property of a subculture is boring..

No, Judy Garland and the Sound of Music can stay chained up for all eternity please, as can The Wizard of Oz (except the Munchkins, they're ok), Eurovision, Cher , Diana Ross and Breakfast at Tiffany's

No, Judy Garland and the Sound of Music can stay chained up for all eternity please, as can The Wizard of Oz (except the Munchkins, they're ok), Eurovision, Cher , Diana Ross and Breakfast at Tiffany's

Have you seen your signature?

Icons like Karen Carpenter are human too...

Have you seen your signature?

Icons like Karen Carpenter are human too...

Ok, guilty as charged. I still think the Sound of Music is crap though (what bits I've seen) and Judy Garland was as hammy as hell.

Oh and apologies also to Lenny Bruce.

I don't know how to break this to you, but...

Don't know about gays, but hermaphrodites seem to live a long time...

John Kenley died 23rd October 2009 aged 103.

Wasn't he a weatherman?

Taxi!!!

Wasn't he a weatherman?

Taxi!!!

Is that like the weather underground a simply splendid radical group which blew up a townhouse on 11th Street?

As for Taxi, it's well known that Taxi was merely a drag queen.

According to the rubbish theory of this thread, Elton John's candle in the wind is about ready to run out of wick; hope this helps your statistics.

According to the rubbish theory of this thread, Elton John's candle in the wind is about ready to run out of wick; hope this helps your statistics.

The Independent are reporting Sir Elton as "seriously -ill" (sic). However, Morrissey has been released from hospital so...

The Independent are reporting Sir Elton as "seriously -ill" (sic). However, Morrissey has been released from hospital so...

Acording to The People he's due to 'come out' today!

Elton was initially only supposed to be in for one night and went in on Friday. Now he is due to come out today

Stop sN-wording at the back!

A brief report of gay porn star Dustin Michaels' demise.

I did like the very un-pc comment left by someone.

Fuller report, with video link.

I'm not a sissy (no pun intended) but I find that video highly disturbing. Americans are out of their mind to show something like that on television or even on the internet. When the url reads something like 'shocking-video-of-man-choking-and-dying', I could decide for myself whether or not I'd like to see that, now I was just a couple of seconds too late to close the window without seeing.

According to his own website, classical pianist Earl Wild died today at the age of 94.

I've removed him from the list, as well as feminist Mary Daly who died earlier this month.

Hush! Is that the sound of Jan Moir's pencils being sharpened?

Right wing American senator, father of four, drunk driver and filthy hypocrite Roy Ashburn comes out the closet.

Peter Flinsch, a rather controversial Canadian artist mainly known for his male nude paintings has died aged 89.

For some reason, I'm struggling to take this photo seriously... although I'm guessing I'm not supposed to?

TagFlinsch.jpg

Edit: I've removed Flinsch from the list of names on Page 2.

• Like 1