Death in Vegas

Time Added

Gazza in hospital.... again.

Got on the wrong end of a drunken brawl and made an arse of himself. Self inflicted by racist abuses and spitting and being drunk.

Touching women improperly and being drunk. Was kicked off the stairs in a pub and being drunk.

Off to hospital.... totally pissed...

• Like 1

Gazza in hospital.... again.

Got on the wrong end of a drunken brawl and made an arse of himself. Self inflicted by racist abuses and spitting and being drunk.

Touching women improperly and being drunk. Was kicked off the stairs in a pub and being drunk.

Off to hospital.... totally pissed...

He has his own thread.

Tommy Docherty interview. Deaf but seems fairly chipper for 88.

“I don’t see too many of my former team-mates these days,” he starts.

“Although that’s probably because most of them are dead.”

Of note - wasn't Denis Law badly ill last year? Seem to recall Charon or Spade posting about it. Anyhow, he's had to withdraw from this weekend's Legends of Football Q&A night due to "ill health", being replaced by the much older Docherty.

Tommy Docherty interview. Deaf but seems fairly chipper for 88.

“I don’t see too many of my former team-mates these days,” he starts.

“Although that’s probably because most of them are dead.”

Of note - wasn't Denis Law badly ill last year? Seem to recall Charon or Spade posting about it. Anyhow, he's had to withdraw from this weekend's Legends of Football Q&A night due to "ill health", being replaced by the much older Docherty.

Will Docherty need two spaces (one for the person doing the deaf signing?)

Couldn't find this anywhere, Kenny Sansom checked in to rehab at the weekend

• Like 1

Couldn't find this anywhere, Kenny Sansom checked in to rehab at the weekend

I do wonder if these rehabs help? It never helped amy winehouse or Paul Gascoigne and when you think about it ,it isn't in the rehabs interest for you to get better and never use them again.

Francois Van der Elst, 62, after a heart attack (obit in French). Part of the Cup Winners Cup Anderlecht side of the 70s, and helped take Belgium to the Euro 1980 final. Also played for West Ham, whom he scored against in the first Cup Winners Cup win.

I see via wiki that Yannik Noah's dad died. Zacharie at 79, but was clueless what thread to put it in. Played pro in france for one of the teams that became PSG.

Find yer own link.

So that's Sansom and Gazza in rehab.

We'll see how that pans out.

That's 10% of my DDP team being helped

Feck!

• Like 1

Feck!

Or aided, if Celeb Rehab was anything to go by. How many folk on that show are dead now?

Thread on it bumped recently.... Dr somthething...

Feck!

Or aided, if Celeb Rehab was anything to go by. How many folk on that show are dead now?

Dead

Jeff Conaway

Chyna

Rodney King

Joey Kovar

Mindy McCready

Mike Starr

A lot of the others seem well on there way through relapses though.

Ah, Mindy McCready. I was so annoyed when she died. Mostly because when I saw something about her in 2012 I thought to myself "She's a timebomb, better put her on my DDP team" and promptly forgot all about her till I saw her obit on the BBC. Worse, suicide and no one else had her on the DDP, so 16 points down the drain!

• Like 1

Ah, Mindy McCready. I was so annoyed when she died. Mostly because when I saw something about her in 2012 I thought to myself "She's a timebomb, better put her on my DDP team" and promptly forgot all about her till I saw her obit on the BBC. Worse, suicide and no one else had her on the DDP, so 16 points down the drain!

So you'd have eaten up a spot on DDP for four years gaining nothing, and worse, tipped off someone who may have put her on their team this year. Sounds a blessing. Accept your zero with a bit o pride but no regrets.

SC

So you'd have eaten up a spot on DDP for four years gaining nothing, and worse, tipped off someone who may have put her on their team this year. Sounds a blessing. Accept your zero with a bit o pride but no regrets.

SC

She died in 2013, so wouldn't have been a waste at all! But would have been highly atypical to my overall 2013 performance...

I'm fairly cool these days - folk die when not on lists all the time, either we didn't know they were ill, or discounted them and got proven wrong. Either way, not worth tearing your hair out about!

SC

She died in 2013, so wouldn't have been a waste at all! But would have been highly atypical to my overall 2013 performance...

I'm fairly cool these days - folk die when not on lists all the time, either we didn't know they were ill, or discounted them and got proven wrong. Either way, not worth tearing your hair out about!

Ahhh ok the way I read it she died recently, which seemed odd lamenting finding her back in 2012. That makes far more sense.

Well I'm sorry for your loss.

SC

There's a turnip for the books!

• Like 2