Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

David Lloyd

No, not that one or that one, this one

"David Lloyd, the Emmy-winning writer whose credits include Taxi, Cheers and Frasier, has died of prostate cancer at the age of 75"

Also the father of Christopher Lloyd ("Taxi", "Back to the Future")

How is this possible when Christopher Lloyd is 71?

different Christopher Lloyd...

Mea culpa! Didn't check - just made the connection in my head that David Lloyd worked on "Taxi" in which the more famous Christopher Lloyd starred, so that was the Christopher Lloyd being reffered to in the article. It didn't occur to me that he too is a senior citizen these days!

To be fair, whenever I saw the credits for Frazier show the name Christopher Lloyd, I always assumed it was the actor...

I've found some nice wicker coffins for the wicker man.

www.wickerwillowcoffins.co.uk

Bobby Frankel has died at the age of 68

Actor Johnny Delgado has died of cancer. Points on the DDP for We Spin Terror, if the English press should acknowledge the fate of this fallen Filipino thespian.

Former BBC presenter Max Robertson has died at the age of 94. I think he was a past DDP pick, but I can't be bothered to check.

Top south korean model Daul kim killed herself in paris i think some other minor famous woman killed herself in paris this year as well can't remember . Famous south korean people seem to be an endangered species about 20 well known people have killed themselves in the last three years. I think they need to start putting Prozac in the water supply in korea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8369811.stm

her blog with a kind of suicide note ,the blog is called i like to fork myself.

http://iliketoforkmyself.blogspot.com/

Former mayor of São Paulo, Brazil, Celso Pitta died November 20, 2009 from cancer, at 63. May this serve as an inspiriation for our favourite Brazilian candidate.

regards,

Hein

Guest akku
Top south korean model Daul kim killed herself in paris i think some other minor famous woman killed herself in paris this year as well can't remember . Famous south korean people seem to be an endangered species about 20 well known people have killed themselves in the last three years. I think they need to start putting Prozac in the water supply in korea.

You're prolly talking about Lucy Gordon.

One of the world's most eminent musicologists, Boston-born H C Robbins Landon has died aged 83. I can't find an English obit as yet.

Found one

He was especially an authority on Haydn and Mozart.

Buster, Paul O' Grady's dog.

More press coverage than scientists who have changed the world.

Buster, Paul O' Grady's dog.

More press coverage than scientists who have changed the world.

Died a week ago, already posted here* by VSBfromH

*Animal antics thread for those that cant be arsed clicking the link

Pete Ham of star-cross'd Swansea powerpoppers Badfinger became one of the more obscure members of the 27 Club when he hung around in his garage on April 24th 1975.

He couldn't live if living is without you.

The story of Badfinger is one of the saddest in all of Rock 'n Roll...

Sorry to be a few months late on this one, but I just wanted to celebrate the death of Badfinger's manager Stan Polley, whose antics are often considered responsible for, or at least contributory towards, Pete Ham's suicide.

And thanks for the Judee clip, Han.

Robert Degen, the man (or a man, depending on your point of view) credited with writing the 'Hokey Pokey' has died aged 104.

I always thought it was an old German tune.

Robert degen, the man (or a man, depending on your point of view) credited with writing the 'Hokey Pokey' has died aged 104.

Don't you mean the Hokey Cokey?

What came first the Pokey or the Cokey?

EDIT: - Still, even if was called Hokey Pokey first and is still called that in the US and Oz, there's no mention of Degen in there. For the moment.

EDIT 2: Sorry yes there was, CTRL F didn't work as they'd spelt it Degan.

Robert degen, the man (or a man, depending on your point of view) credited with writing the 'Hokey Pokey' has died aged 104.

Don't you mean the Hokey Cokey?

Being British, I would normally refer to it as 'Hokey Cokey', but as I was quoting a US news-source, I stuck with what they'd written.

Plus it was getting on for 3 a.m. and I was was pissed. I'm surprise It didn't turn out like one of Bruno's posts. :referee:

Genevieve Joy

The French classical pianist has died aged 90. Not a major name, more noteworthy perhaps for being the wife of composer Henri Dutilleux, who is mentioned in various threads on this site, and is one of my DDP picks. They were married for 63 years and he will be 94 in January...

According to the website of Belgian paper La Libre Belgian Prince Alexander died today.

Edit to add: an English report can be found here.

I didn't even know he was born. :)

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein

According to the website of Belgian paper La Libre Belgian Prince Alexander died today.

I didn't even know he was born. :)

regards,

Hein

I've no idea who he is either, however it merits a national holiday day of mourning in my book! I'd quite like Friday off.