Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

Went to see M.Ward last night at the behest of Mrs. The Jackal. Not as good as the first time I saw him, bit too obvious "blokes in beards with guitars" thing going on.

• Like 1

I saw The Whip play in the Scala in Kings Cross in November. Great band from Manchester, hailed by some as the heirs to the Happy Mondays.

Then I saw Radiohead last year, as part of their In Rainbows tour in London. Radiohead are always fantastic (It's the third time I see them).

Oh, and who can forget Roger Waters playing The Dark Side of the Moon in Earl's Court in 2007!

From this last Glastonbury, my favourite gigs were Hot Chip and Squarepusher. ... and like always, there were a couple of bands I was too messed up to find. The most notable miss this year was MGMT, and I still regret it but hey, I still had a great time. Looking forward to this year's festival... though I won't be watching Bruce Springsteen. I didn't like him when I saw him in the 80s as part of Band Aid, and I like him even less now.

You hate Springsteen?

What a good judge you are!!

hmm, not sure if you are being serious... in any case, I didn't use the word "hate".

I saw the Black Eyed Peas and the Click Five in Jakarta in 2007. Both very good.

Not quite sure what this has to do with Deathlist, although I did choose Fergie on one of my teams.

I saw The Whip play in the Scala in Kings Cross in November. Great band from Manchester, hailed by some as the heirs to the Happy Mondays.

Then I saw Radiohead last year, as part of their In Rainbows tour in London. Radiohead are always fantastic (It's the third time I see them).

Oh, and who can forget Roger Waters playing The Dark Side of the Moon in Earl's Court in 2007!

From this last Glastonbury, my favourite gigs were Hot Chip and Squarepusher. ... and like always, there were a couple of bands I was too messed up to find. The most notable miss this year was MGMT, and I still regret it but hey, I still had a great time. Looking forward to this year's festival... though I won't be watching Bruce Springsteen. I didn't like him when I saw him in the 80s as part of Band Aid, and I like him even less now.

You hate Springsteen?

hmm, not sure if you are being serious... in any case, I didn't use the word "hate".

Oh Im being deadly serious. If I was being sarcastic, you would know it.

No, you didnt use the word hate, I naively assumed that if you didnt like him before and you liked him even less now, you wouldnt be first in the queue for a ticket.

So you dont HATE him.

I HATE him.

And thats good enough for me.

You hate Springsteen?

No, you didnt use the word hate, I naively assumed that if you didnt like him before and you liked him even less now, you wouldnt be first in the queue for a ticket.

So you dont HATE him.

I HATE him.

Completely over-rated in my opinion, cannot sing for sh*t, and I also think he's a complete c unt. Springsteen, that is, not you LFN. I have never heard you sing :(

You hate Springsteen?

So you dont HATE him.

I HATE him.

Completely over-rated in my opinion, cannot sing for sh*t, and I also think he's a complete c nut. Springsteen, that is, not you LFN. I have never heard you sing :(

I think he is completely wrong for a Saturday night headlining slot. Maybe Sunday night (the oldie slot)... as surely he is not relevant anymore?

I saw the Foo Fighters at Wembley last June - loud, very, very loud. Loved it.

Seeing Oasis in June at Cardiff. I know they're a pair of pillocks, but I saw them a few years back at Wembley and they were very good live.

Re: Oasis, I agree on both counts. I saw them in Glastonbury (2004), and even though they got really bad reviews, I thought it was a great gig.

The critics slated them for not doing any talking... while I thanked them for it (see your first point above). It was a muddy, rainy night, and Liam was wearing a white parka. I remember reading in the NME a hilarious article in which the critic said that Liam's immaculate white parka was a metaphor for everything that was wrong with that gig :(

I saw the Foo Fighters at Wembley last June - loud, very, very loud. Loved it.

Seeing Oasis in June at Cardiff. I know they're a pair of pillocks, but I saw them a few years back at Wembley and they were very good live.

Re: Oasis, I agree on both counts. I saw them in Glastonbury (2004), and even though they got really bad reviews, I thought it was a great gig.

The critics slated them for not doing any talking... while I thanked them for it (see your first point above). It was a muddy, rainy night, and Liam was wearing a white parka. I remember reading in the NME a hilarious article in which the critic said that Liam's immaculate white parka was a metaphor for everything that was wrong with that gig :(

He is indeed a twat, however I am quite liking Liam Gallagher at the moment, simply for his comedy moss-chops. I wish I could grow facial hair like that.

I got my tickets for the V Festival yesterday. Just going for the one day, to the The Killers and Pendulum. Can't wait (for Pendulum, The Killers are just a bonus)!.

I got my tickets for the V Festival yesterday. Just going for the one day, to the The Killers and Pendulum. Can't wait (for Pendulum, The Killers are just a bonus)!.

I think The Killers have gone a bit gay, I loved Hot Fuss and would have paid to see them back then, but they would have to be on a bill with some other good stuff before I'd go to see them nowadays. I'd still shag Brandon Flowers though, so long as he ditched the face fuzz.

I think The Killers have gone a bit gay, I loved Hot Fuss and would have paid to see them back then, but they would have to be on a bill with some other good stuff before I'd go to see them nowadays. I'd still shag Brandon Flowers though, so long as he ditched the face fuzz.

Ditto, word for word!

Good gigs are scarce. Music only has impersonators and memories. It's over.

This is an amazing gig, everyone enjoying themselves and all up clapping and dancing.

Now

is a gig.....

This is an amazing gig, everyone enjoying themselves and all up clapping and dancing.

I will assume by that comment that you haven't bothered to keep up with some of the amazing music out there today.

I guess as you older, it is easier to withdraw to the confort blanket of the music of your youth.

A propos of nothing in particular. When the Who do gigs these days, do they have a CSI section, where they play a medley of "Who are you","We wont get fooled again" and "Baba O'Riley" ? Perhaps accompanied by video footage of an autopsy of John Entwhistle?

A propos of nothing in particular. When the Who do gigs these days, do they have a CSI section, where they play a medley of "Who are you","We wont get fooled again" and "Baba O'Riley" ? Perhaps accompanied by video footage of an autopsy of John Entwhistle?

No.

(I was at the members' concert at Indigo2 three months ago).

I will assume by that comment that you haven't bothered to keep up with some of the amazing music out there today.

I guess as you older, it is easier to withdraw to the confort blanket of the music of your youth.

You betcha. The Wiggles still rock it.

My vision of the future music involves people defining moments or objects in a song which doesn't involve any singing. The base of the song could revolve around the most simplest idea. The appearance of the other side of the room could be the theme of the song. The music would be like a different version of techno, but it wouldn't be anything like techno. The music would open your mind. If there was a clock ticking at the other side that could be in the short song. The idea would be basing your music off of defining a particular moment, emotion, or object in time. The idea would be simplicity. It could go so far because it could generate so many different themes.

My vision of the future music involves people defining moments or objects in a song which doesn't involve any singing. The base of the song could revolve around the most simplest idea. The appearance of the other side of the room could be the theme of the song. The music would be like a different version of techno, but it wouldn't be anything like techno. The music would open your mind. If there was a clock ticking at the other side that could be in the short song. The idea would be basing your music off of defining a particular moment, emotion, or object in time. The idea would be simplicity. It could go so far because it could generate so many different themes.

That's SO been done already. Rimsky Korsakov anyone?

Went to see Ultravox last night, so guilty as charged I guess.

They were terrific, but it was a little sobering to see how we all look now. We were all so beautiful in the 80s :)

'Time goes, time goes by too soon' - indeed. :)

Went to see Ultravox last night, so guilty as charged I guess.

They were terrific, but it was a little sobering to see how we all look now. We were all so beautiful in the 80s :)

'Time goes, time goes by too soon' - indeed. :)

C'est la, eh, vie, Anna.

regards,

Hein

In a vain attempt to recapture my youth, I'm going to see The Prodigy at Milton Keynes Bowl tomorrow. So

one for all you nightmare-suffering woosy kids out there.

In a vain attempt to recapture my youth, I'm going to see The Prodigy at Milton Keynes Bowl tomorrow. So

And trying to get another word in edgeways (edgewise? I don't know) on this massively busy thread, I'm again going to Milton Keynes Bowl today to see the Foo Fighters - so

a gentle Saturday morning wake up call for you all. ROCK ON!

Oh - and I'm going to see Take That on Friday, but don't tell anybody, I have a reputation to uphold.

And trying to get another word in edgeways (edgewise? I don't know) on this massively busy thread, I'm again going to Milton Keynes Bowl today to see the Foo Fighters - so

a gentle Saturday morning wake up call for you all. ROCK ON!

Oh - and I'm going to see Take That on Friday, but don't tell anybody, I have a reputation to uphold.

Brilliant Foo Fighters show last night, lovely weather helped, and Alice Cooper was a surprise special guest for two tracks at the end. A jolly good day out.

• Like 1