weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

Tammy Faye Messner, the former wife of televangelist Jim Bakker, announced Thursday night she has inoperable lung cancer. Messner, a guest on CNN's "Larry King Live," said she was told of the diagnosis two weeks ago.

"They can't take it out because it's too near the heart and there are too many blood vessels that are near the cancer," Messner said.

Tammy Faye was on show last year called "The Surreal Life" which also featured Vanilla Ice and other celebrities living together. She will turn 63 next year... if she makes it.

A certain candidate for 2005!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/03/18/tammy.fay...ncer/index.html

I have heard of her, but only as the wife of Jim Bakker. Don't know if that means she passes the 'famous' test (or should that be 'infamous'?), but we have listed people in the past, purely through their affiliation or marraige to famous people.

And let face it - if we were thinking about listing Nancy Reagan - what is she famous for apart from being married to Ronnie?

Having said that, I feel certain we can find some more deserving people, rather than the ex-wive of a disgraced TV evangelist, or some second-rate chat show host

I think that Grim Reaper should make the "famous enough" descisions around here.

If you're feeling strong of stomach today, this will fix it!

http://www.tammyfaye.com/note20040616.htm

Thank you for that Typhoid Harry. There is just so much material there that lends itself to smart comment, that I don't know where to begin :ghost::angry:

So, I will restrict myself to one quote, and leave the rest for other ...

I believe that one day God is going to say to me, “Sing out Tammy Faye, sing out!!” That will be one of the happiest days of my life!

And if God is asking for a private performance at his place, it will be the happiest day of all our lives :ghost:

Yech, I think we need a puking smiley. Isn't blind faith great? She's spent her life spreading the word of God, in return he gives her a particularly nasty form of cancer, and still she praises him. :angry:

Guest Guest
:huh: Stupid posters! INOPERABLE just means THAT. It doesn't mean NO recovery. Chemo can reduce a cancer to nothing! Ask my father..he also has lung cancer and the tumor has reduced significantly with one treatment...this site makes me sick. You people that have never suffered with a loved one just wait...it will happen one day and see how YOU like this crap. Google should remove it.

Ah censorship.

Beloved of politicians and those who hate to think other people can, and do, think different to them.

Wonderful idea. I think it should be censored.

For a minute there I thought that the weatherman was back. I had to check the thread carefully.

Guest Swingwombat
And let face it - if we were thinking about listing Nancy Reagan - what is she famous for apart from being married to Ronnie?

Well she was a fairly famous actress in her own right before she married the big RR.

Nancy Reagan nee Davis

:rolleyes: Swingwombat

For a minute there I thought that the weatherman was back. I had to check the thread carefully.

Me too. Scared the #%&@ out of me for a moment... :rolleyes:

Nancy would do a dance on any dick that secured her employment on and through the scary McCarthy times that Ray Gun was part architect of! Tammy much like the Frankenstein creation (except she is real) had more parts screwed on to her over the years than "The Bride of Weildenstein". Between Jim and her they screwed just about every God Fearing middle America citizen, more than McDonalds it would seem, not that I am really objecting because middle America desperately needs to know what a good ole mountain man can do to pristine orifice. She definately need to be listed. The good lord seems to have paid the righteous back but not in dollars. Lordy me brothers.

Guest Gods Child
I went to the doctor excited, scared, wanting to hear, yet NOT wanting to hear the results. So many things flood through your mind at a time like this. I finally prepared myself to be willing to accept whatever the doctor said. Again back to my verse in 1 Thess. “In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”. That verse has been my lifeboat!! So, into the doctor’s office Roe and I go. My tummy was churning with excitement and with trepidation. Ha! I don’t know HOW those two things can dwell together……… The doctor started to talk to us. These are his exact words. “I DON’T HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU; I HAVE GREAT NEWS FOR YOU. YOU ARE CANCER FREE!”!!!!! As Roe and I digested what he had just said, he continued. “I thought I was going to have to put you back on chemo therapy again”. I said, “Well Doc, God had other plans for me”. He smiled and said you’re right!

What do you guys have to say about that???

:(

What do you guys have to say about that???

It's not for me to understand God's great plan, but it looks to me like it might go something like this:

* I know! Let's give her cancer! Yay!!

* That'll scare the crap out of her when she finds out,

* It'll make her spend lots of her riches to buy very expensive treatment,

* Hehe... Then I'll make it go away,

* Then she'll have to pay lots more money for an expensive doctor just to tell her that it's all been for nothing: She's cured! Hurrah!

* She'll spend the rest of her life worrying whether it's going to come back or not,

* Then, right at the end, after it's taunted her for many years, I'll kill her off some other way.

"Well Doc, God had other plans for me”.

He smiled and said you’re right!

I think the doc's smile reveals just how astute he really is :(

as far as being famous - Tammy and Jim both did prison stints for embezzlement i think. i was young at the time- but why not put the both of them on for 05 recent reports say he was fairing to well either.

Tammy has a one HA! of a vocabulary.. Take a look, I counted about 80.

September got a bit obsessive. I quit in august because it got just plain sickening

11/22 Note -

eat and shop and talk! Ha! ha! Men don’t know the fun they are missing! Ha!

Ha! ha! He even said he’d get me a cat! Ha! HA!

Ha! I don’t know HOW those two things can dwell together

he just doesn’t know it yet! Ha! ha!

10/20 Note -

SLOW DOWN AND LIVE! Ha Ha!

Of course we loved it! Ha Ha! And it still makes me laugh!

one of the first times I've ever worn jeans to church! Ha!

It sounds like all WORK to me! Ha! Ha!

9/20 Note -

No wonder I’m a little tired tonight as I write this! Ha!

(to clean up puppy wee wee)! Ha!

Oh, yes, I can taste food again! Hallelujah! Ha! Ha!

I did go without eyelashes for several days. Ha Ha!

Man, that was a relief! Ha Ha!

as the room they call “Pergatory” was too small! Ha Ha!!

I’ve had enough of anything that remotely feels like a NEEDLE! HA HA!

he will ALWAYS be my baby! Ha!

My body is going to look like a puzzle soon! Ha ha!

8/19 Note -

Ha Ha! I guess I must have sounded pretty convincing. Ha!

Ha! Ha! That was the pop I had heard!

Ha! Ha! I like his music!

“Thou shalt not!” Ha!

Tammy Faye Messner Says Lung Cancer Has Returned

RALEIGH, N.C. - Former televangelist Tammy Faye Messner said Wednesday that cancer has returned to her lungs, marking her third battle with the illness.

Messner was first diagnosed with colon cancer nearly a decade ago and last year announced that the disease has spread to her lungs. It has since reappeared in her lungs, she said.

I'm sure it's nothing a few hundred million dollars in donations won't be able to cure.

Speaking of all this lung cancer talk, I honestly haven't heard

much about Peter Jennings?

For the 2006 deathlist the #1 spot will be kept

reserved.

Every cancer can be operated upon, the tricky bit is keeping the patient alive. So she wasn't telling Larry King the literal truth, then again she showed similar tendencies where her finances were concerned. I'd be prepared to have a bash at operating myself once I've cleaned a few garden tools and my best carving knife.

Failing that, get her down for next year. Not that it's down to me but surely she qualifies as an infamous jailbird even if her fame by marrige doesn't count.

Every cancer can be operated upon, the tricky bit is keeping the patient alive. So she wasn't telling Larry King the literal truth, then again she showed similar tendencies where her finances were concerned. I'd be prepared to have a bash at operating myself once I've cleaned a few garden tools and my best carving knife.

Failing that, get her down for next year. Not that it's down to me but surely she qualifies as an infamous jailbird even if her fame by marrige doesn't count.

True enough. "Inoperable" simply means not worth mucking about with. Bye, Tammy, and thanks for the tip; I'm selling all my stock in Revlon.

This time could prove deadly for her...Ive had my eye on her ever since I started this post :)