Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Tony Martin

Is he the farmer who shot those burglars? I think he'll be with us for a while yet.

A "crooner" by that name., I don't know of.

Ah, thank you. I hadn't heard of him before, a little before my time I'm afraid.

I quite like Glenn Miller, but I guess he's almost certainly dead.

Mr Miller Famously died when his plane crashed or was accidentally shot down over the English Channel in the Second World War.

Glenn Miller is dead? Wow, my grandmother just loves that guy's songs. I don't even think she knows that he's dead.

Glenn Miller is dead? Wow, my grandmother just loves that guy's songs. I don't even think she knows that he's dead.

I think you may be getting Miller confused with Manilow :o

Or is that just wishful thinking :P

Been waiting awhile for the comeback tour, has she ?

Heck, even I know he tried to swim the channel the hard way during WWII.

I think you may be getting Miller confused with Manilow :P

Or is that just wishful thinking :o

My grandmother had always talked about his songs, I had never thought to look him up....

Mr Miller Famously died when his plane crashed or was accidentally shot down over the English Channel in the Second World War.

I thought I read something a while back that the plane crash was a cover up to disguise that he really died of a heart attack in a brothel.

That kind of scandal would have been terrible in those days, so "they" covered it up, whoever "they" are.

I can't be bothered doing any kind of research to confirm it/deny it. Just thought I'd mention that I remembered seeing it somewhere.

Now, if someone wants to do some googling and find out what the story is...

Ooh La La!

File under 'Err..perhaps not' I'd say.

Maybe he died 'Tromboning' then.

Or of course he may have been the Trombonee

(if you really want to know what 'tromboning' is)

Ah, yes, the Glenn Miller Big Ring Sound. :o

Many a grandmother used to love Glenn's sweet brass music when they were younger.

Thanks for the Bent Persson info. Anubis, I was chuckling away at the Hampton joke and didn't spot the other immediately. I almost gobbed-out my brandy when I saw that. I haven't laughed so much since the Dick Burns got rather silly!

DWB :blink:

Guest reggie the yido

tony martin, last seen buying some lucky heather

Now this shows where it pays dividends to read the whole story...

I thought this entry was dedicated to this Tony Martin. Seeing as this vigilante is now back in circulation I would have thought that a revenge mission, courtesy of the local criminal syndicate that victimised him, was on the cards?

Seeing as it has nothing to do with burglary, shotguns or gypsies, I'll leave it there. Even if I do think he's overdue an appointment with the choir invisible.

Now this shows where it pays dividends to read the whole story...

I thought this entry was dedicated to this Tony Martin. Seeing as this vigilante is now back in circulation I would have thought that a revenge mission, courtesy of the local criminal syndicate that victimised him, was on the cards?

Seeing as it has nothing to do with burglary, shotguns or gypsies, I'll leave it there. Even if I do think he's overdue an appointment with the choir invisible.

Totally dis-agree with that, If they weren't thieves and burglars,one of them would still be alive and the other wouldn't be walking with a limp. In my book, they got what they deserved.

Totally dis-agree with that,  If they weren't thieves and burglars,one of them would still be alive and the other wouldn't be walking with a limp.  In my book, they got what they deserved.

I think you misunderstood my post, old chap.

Farmer Martin was victimised by a gang of thieves, shot and killed one and wounded another. The criminal gang made it clear that there would be reprisals.

I thought this was a thread about that Tony Martin. It wasn't which is why I said it had nothing to do with burglary, firearms or gypsies.

Whether they got what they deserved or not I couldn't be arsed about... I didn't have any money riding on it. I do have a couple of quid on Farmer Martin dying in a revenge attack... live by the shotgun, etc etc.

Old chap?????? :)

I think we may have mis-understood each other on this one. Call it a draw? ;)

Old chap?????? :)

I think we may have mis-understood each other on this one. Call it a draw? :)

I'll smoke to that ;)

Guest tonymartin@dailymail.co.uk

GET OFF MOI LAND!!!! :)

I've been here before, but I would suggest that Farmer Martin is better known in the UK than Crooner Martin. Perhaps he should be listed too, though he seems fairly capable of defending himself. :)