Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

Mike Ashley

Pissed of the gormless Geordie's , but now he has really fucked over the Hun's :)

Reading page after page of tears/ire/rage/wishes of ill/and downright death threats on the forums.

Most entertaining, but considering the entrenched Loyalist connections, Ashley might not be that long a shot.

(Have used one throwaway a/c to suggest his great granny was raped by the tans in 1919 Killarney).

Offers of kneecapping etc are decried for being 'mild'.

• Like 1

How about voice actress June Forey? She'll be 98, this year, and 99 next year.

I've suggested her a few times, but since she's still alive I guess the committee have been wise to leave her off the list. Putting her on for next year might be a good option.

come the fuck off it...

We're really Foray-ing into obscuro territory with voice actresses aren't we? What is it with Disney fans around here.

Just my opinion anyway

Not entirely obscure, she was the voice of Rocky the Squirrel from Rocky & Bulwinkle, and also Jokey Smurf.

I'm far from being a "Disney Fan" as you put it. They're just a notable name and sure to get an obit.

While we're on the subject of voice actors, William Woodson might be worth going on the list. He narrated the mini-series The Winds of War.

No way man we can't put him on, that hit would crash the server!

So basically you're implying that if you've never heard of them, they don't count as a viable suggestion.

Not everyone on the list has to be a house-hold name. They just need to be known in their field to qualify for an obit.

For the main Deathlist I think there needs to be a fair degre of noteworthyness. People are free to play obit Russian roulette with their DDP picks but I would expect someone on the main list to be UK obit worthy without a doubt. Those that I have never heard off are not automatically bad picks but I then research them and then decide. When Sam Simon was first discussed on this forum I thought he was someone really obscure but I have been won round. Still not sure about Jake Roberts though.

LOL, fucks sake man. Yes people do know who he is/was.

If it's a bad pick it's because he's actually fairly okay.

He's definitely in much better shape now than he was shortly after Stone Cold Steve Austin beat his ass down in the final of the 1996 King of the Ring!

Helpful pic included to demonstrate:

91ijbp.jpg

(WTF... Austin actually looks more like Goldberg there for some reason. He had a cut in his mouth so he looks a bit retarded or something)

Wrestling: - This is an area that is completely off my radar. I do not watch it and have no interest in it. However unlike other topics which I have no interest, soaps, sport, ballet etc, it does not receive coverage in the mainstream UK press therefore I cannot see picks like Jake Roberts in the same way as someone like JvdW.

If he dies during the year fine good call by the committee but I would prefer to see that place taken by someone else.... Peter Sutcliffe maybe?

I've suggested her a few times, but since she's still alive I guess the committee have been wise to leave her off the list. Putting her on for next year might be a good option.

come the fuck off it...

We're really Foray-ing into obscuro territory with voice actresses aren't we? What is it with Disney fans around here.

Just my opinion anyway

Not entirely obscure, she was the voice of Rocky the Squirrel from Rocky & Bulwinkle, and also Jokey Smurf.

I'm far from being a "Disney Fan" as you put it. They're just a notable name and sure to get an obit.

While we're on the subject of voice actors, William Woodson might be worth going on the list. He narrated the mini-series The Winds of War.

So basically you're implying that if you've never heard of them, they don't count as a viable suggestion.

Not everyone on the list has to be a house-hold name. They just need to be known in their field to qualify for an obit.

For the main Deathlist I think there needs to be a fair degre of noteworthyness. People are free to play obit Russian roulette with their DDP picks but I would expect someone on the main list to be UK obit worthy without a doubt. Those that I have never heard off are not automatically bad picks but I then research them and then decide. When Sam Simon was first discussed on this forum I thought he was someone really obscure but I have been won round. Still not sure about Jake Roberts though.

He's definitely in much better shape now than he was shortly after Stone Cold Steve Austin beat his ass down in the final of the 1996 King of the Ring!

91ijbp.jpg

(WTF... Austin actually looks more like Goldberg there for some reason. He had a cut in his mouth so he looks a bit retarded or something)

Wrestling: - This is an area that is completely off my radar. I do not watch it and have no interest in it. However unlike other topics which I have no interest, soaps, sport, ballet etc, it does not receive coverage in the mainstream UK press therefore I cannot see picks like Jake Roberts in the same way as someone like JvdW.

If he dies during the year fine good call by the committee but I would prefer to see that place taken by someone else.... Peter Sutcliffe maybe?

The Sun cover everyone from Oliver Humperdink to Ox Baker. Jake would get a qualifying obit. Plus, as previously mentioned, hes a recovering drug addict who was in coma for a bit last year with pneumonia, and is on his 2nd (or 3rd) bout of cancer in 12 months.

come the fuck off it...

Just my opinion anyway

91ijbp.jpg

lololollooolol

Man. Stop that, it tickles!

I dont know how the hell you know who Van Der West Who-zen is. Do you watch "Invictus" on DVD all day? Jake the Snake Roberts was/is one of the most colourful and memorable characters in pro wrestling. I think more people know who he is. You obviously just think your blind spot is shared by more people than it actually is.... oh well whatever, doesnt matter. Oh and yeah here's a tip if you want an idea of who someone is maybe Google/Google Image search them instead of waiting for Snoozenight to run a report on them!

come the fuck off it...

Just my opinion anyway

91ijbp.jpg

lololollooolol

I dont know how the hell you know who Van Der West Who-zen is. Do you watch "Invictus" on DVD all day? Jake the Snake Roberts was/is one of the most colourful and memorable characters in pro wrestling. I think more people know who he is. You obviously just think your blind spot is shared by more people than it actually is.... oh well whatever, doesnt matter. Oh and yeah here's a tip if you want an idea of who someone is maybe Google/Google Image search them instead of waiting for Snoozenight to run a report on them!

Perhaps you do the same, instead of making shit statements when someone puts forth a suggestion.

come the fuck off it...

Just my opinion anyway

91ijbp.jpg

lololollooolol

Perhaps you do the same, instead of making shit statements when someone puts forth a suggestion.

Can we just put this one down to "people of different generations having different opinions" again, and all shut up?

You suggest someone who's only remembered for a voice-over (and not anything as famous as Scooby Doo!) then you're gonna get a few (mostly light hearted) jibes? Why is that so hard to take. Unless we want to ban anyone who jibes? That'll be fun!

Chillax the fuck out before you end up like that fucking keyboard player who liked his guinness (and obviously no other fluids).

Can we just put this one down to "people of different generations having different opinions" again, and all shut up?

lololollooolol

You suggest someone who's only remembered for a voice-over (and not anything as famous as Scooby Doo!) then you're gonna get a few (mostly light hearted) jibes? Why is that so hard to take. Unless we want to ban anyone who jibes? That'll be fun!

Chillax the fuck out before you end up like that fucking keyboard player who liked his guinness (and obviously no other fluids).

------------------

I suggesed William Woodson as he would be a good double pick what with Herman Wouk being on the list. i.e. the man that wrote The Winds of War and also the man that provided the narration to the mini-series. How is that so fucking hard to comprehend?

Personally I didn't know who the fuck Jake Roberts was until I bothered to google him when he was first mentioned on here. Why? Because I never bothered to watch any wrestling shows after I hit puberty and I never bothered with WWF/WWE at all.

In your follow-up comment, if you're referring to Ian McLagan, then you can just fuck right off.

Oh ok... apparently we "can't just"....... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

as though wrestling is somehow the only "silly" thing that gets discussed here or elsewhere on the web. If you really think I'm an idiot just for having pro-wrestling knowledge you have absolutely no idea the depths of dorkitude out there.

I guess we'll just have to change it to "can't I just walk away cos if I be as needlessly spiteful to you as you are to me you won't be able to handle that and it'll just fill you with even more needless outrage".

Which I can!

as though wrestling is somehow the only "silly" thing that gets discussed here or elsewhere on the web. If you really think I'm an idiot just for having pro-wrestling knowledge you have absolutely no idea the depths of dorkitude out there.

I guess we'll just have to change it to "can't I just walk away cos if I be as needlessly spiteful to you as you are to me you won't be able to handle that and it'll just fill you with even more needless outrage".

Which I can!

Yes I'm fully aware of the depths of dorkitude. The very first call I got when I started working for an internet provider many years ago was someone asking if there were many fan sites set up for the tv show "Saved By The Bell".

And I think you'll find it was a statement that was in truth, I never watched wrestling once I hit puberty. Simple reason was, I had just lost interest in it. And since I hit puberty over 30 years ago, anyone that's appeared on the scene since the days of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks, I neither knew nor cared who they were. I only know who Hulk Hogan was because his occasional antics would get reported on the news or he'd crop up in the occasional movie.

I don't give a toss about rassling, never have, but as we say in Dutch ieder z'n meug. If I'd had to get my nickers in a twist about all the silly things other people like and do, I'd be busy the rest of my life. Do you have any idea how silly cricket, bowls, american football, footy, ruggers, speed skating, fierljeppen, pole sitting, chess, sumo, or the Eton wall game look to outsiders?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Amy Watts journalist for The Goss Girls column in the The Daily Star was diagnosed with colon cancer which has now spread to her liver.

Every year there is a "surprise" death, one from your childhood perhaps who suddenly curls up after being out of the spotlight for a while or one who is incredibly active and just goes too soon. If they survive this year, my suggestions for the ones that make you go "Awww!!!" are:

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

Brian Cant (Play Away, etc.);

Jim Dale (Carry On Actor);

Derek Griffiths (still voicing ads in the UK, amigo, Kids' TV presenter);

Julia McKenzie (Fresh and French Fields);

Miriam Margolyes (almost anything you've ever seen).

Every year there is a "surprise" death, one from your childhood perhaps who suddenly curls up after being out of the spotlight for a while or one who is incredibly active and just goes too soon. If they survive this year, my suggestions for the ones that make you go "Awww!!!" are:

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

You could add John Noakes (Blue Peter) to that list. I didn't realize until just now that he turned 80 last May.

Which I can!

Yes I'm fully aware of the depths of dorkitude. The very first call I got when I started working for an internet provider many years ago was someone asking if there were many fan sites set up for the tv show "Saved By The Bell".

And I think you'll find it was a statement that was in truth, I never watched wrestling once I hit puberty. Simple reason was, I had just lost interest in it. And since I hit puberty over 30 years ago, anyone that's appeared on the scene since the days of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks, I neither knew nor cared who they were. I only know who Hulk Hogan was because his occasional antics would get reported on the news or he'd crop up in the occasional movie.

Well you came across like you were trying to have a go at me because you wrongly thought I'm trying to make fun of Ian McLagan I wasn't. I was just giving an example of a dead person.... there's nothing worse than trying to tell a person they need to chillax and then they get more angry. And you seem kinda sensitive for an old rocker.....

How about getting over it..... cause having to deal with these "misunderstandings" really deflate the sense of fun faster than a New England Patriots football!

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

You could add John Noakes (Blue Peter) to that list. I didn't realize until just now that he turned 80 last May.

You mean we could "Go With Noakes".

• Like 4

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

Well, he did look...tired on Pointless last year.

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

You can't judge a person's health or will to live based on their appearance/demeanour after they've spent an hour in a make-up room with Richard Osman.

• Like 4

Heinz Wolff (Egg Race);

I'll add Michael Rodd and Judith Hann, just cos I just remembered them.

Ok people that I think should be on Death List 2016:

1)Sir Nicholas Winton

2)Clare Hollingworth

3)Douglas Slocombe

4)Norman Lloyd

5)David Rockefeller

6)Charles H Townes

7)June Foray

8)Sheila Mercier

9)Alan Young

10)Jimmy Hill

11)Colin Dexter

12)Antony Booth

13)Mary Tyler Moore

15)Liz Dawn

16)Stephen Hawking

17)Muhammad Ali

18)Freddie Starr

19)Caroline Aherne

20)Paul Gascoigne

Good picks. Unfortunetely Charles Townes died few days ago, Maybe you can substitute him with I.M. Pei. He`s regarded as the most important living architect worldwide.

Would also be an option for DL 2016 and in some respects an equivalent successor for Oscar Niemeyer (DL candidate died 2013).

• Like 2

Is Pointless a popular show in Britain? I caught a few episodes when I was there on holidays in 2013 and really liked it. All I have seen since are a few episodes which have been posted on YouTube. I seem to remember seeing that a DLer suggested that they had a Pointless trophy at home.

I think Jimmy Carter should be seriously considered for next year.Upon doing research I found that despite being the eldest of four siblings he has outlived them all by at least 25 years .They all died from pancreatic cancer as did both his parents.Despite being remarkably robust for his age I think he would be a good outside bet to go at number 50 49 or 48 next year due to his age and appalling family history of one of the deadliest forms of cancer.Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,”Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,” this was from a interview in 2007 about the cancer risk which suggests he would probably reject treatment if he were afflicted by the illness.

I think Jimmy Carter should be seriously considered for next year.Upon doing research I found that despite being the eldest of four siblings he has outlived them all by at least 25 years .They all died from pancreatic cancer as did both his parents.Despite being remarkably robust for his age I think he would be a good outside bet to go at number 50 49 or 48 next year due to his age and appalling family history of one of the deadliest forms of cancer.Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,”Mr. Carter said he did not worry much about his own risk anymore. “I’m deeply religious, I’m a fatalist, I’m 82 years old and I’ve had a good life,” this was from a interview in 2007 about the cancer risk which suggests he would probably reject treatment if he were afflicted by the illness.

Excellent research SotD.

However this year we have one former president, one former presidential candidate and one former first lady. If we add Carter into the mix Sir Creep might start complaining that the list is too US centric.

• Like 2

Sly Stone has been given $5 million www.goo.gl/o3mgVP First in on my 2016 list now... and it should be a hero's death....none of that natural causes or old age nonsense