Our Sole

Nelson Mandela

I think George H W Bush will be the 2012 finale

Shouldn't this be in another thread?

Shouldn't this be in another thread?

Bill Clinton's rival in the 1996 presidential race was not looking well at all last week.

Anyway, that's off topic.

Reports from South Africa is that Mandela is not able to talk any more. Could be a sign of a stroke.

Latest:

"Government officials have worked to allay fears over his health, but have stopped short of releasing any details of his medical condition, except to say the tests and medical attention he is receiving are consistent with his age.

"I think he has had a restful night, the doctors are comfortable about it, they are continuing monitoring," Mac Maharaj, Zuma's spokesman and a former fellow prisoner with Mr Mandela, said."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-10/zuma-visits-mandela-in-hospital/4417650

Guest Guest

Reports from South Africa is that Mandela is not able to talk any more. Could be a sign of a stroke.

http://www.telegraph...ed-talking.html

:(

Edited by Paul Bearer

Even if he makes it through this one for the next few days/weeks, you'd have to start seriously considering him for next year

It will be a sad day for the world when he goes - but obviously a good day for DL I see that we're on Page 13 and he could be number 13 this year...

ABC News: "Anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela will spend a fourth day in hospital, and his wife says his trademark "sparkle" is waning."

Yeah, this is gonna be a two-yard tap-in for 2013 if he makes it another 20 days.

Guest mr derp

Mandelas condition said to be deteriorating as he develops a lung infection. .. http://news.national...lung-infection/

I have a feeling that history is about to be made.I am sad about it though :(

The article you mentioned say's he's responding to treatment and fought off a similar infection in January 2011. Then it describes his previous illnesses (such as tuberculosis in 1988). It doesn't mention Mandela is deteriorating.

This story really seems to follow the Niemeyer trend: lung infection, lucid, stable, on the mend... I expect a turn for the worse by next week if things are going to repeat themselves.

Where's Nelson ?

14456_449869018408276_350593097_n.jpg

• Like 3

Certainly going on my list now chances are though he will die before 2013 knowing my luck lol

Nelson Mandela, has had a successful operation to remove gallstones

I hope for his sake that the op went smoother than mine did, if not it could be a short stay in hospital either way.

Guest Stormin1982

Operation to remove gall stones on a 94 yr old appears to be necessary. The mortality rate based on May issue of the Journal of the American College of Surgeons appears to be approximately 34% higher for patients over 65 who did not have the procedure. However, the recovery and related symptoms last a month or two. It is going to be a tough next two months for the former president of South Africa

Where's Nelson ?

I think he's to the right of the guy with the bow & arrow, who is just below the fair maiden in the middle tent opening!

What do I win? I love finding games, I do!

Where's Nelson ?

I think he's to the right of the guy with the bow & arrow, who is just below the fair maiden in the middle tent opening!

What do I win? I love finding games, I do!

Close, he is the one planting the bomb in amongst all the Whities ph34r.gif

• Like 2

Guest Guest

he's the one in the coffin under the ground