Spade_Cooley

Gangster, Gangster

Heroin dealing grandmother Mags Haney is suffering from lung cancer. She is a fairly notorious figure in Scotland for heading up the original media "family from hell" and I think her inevitable demise will make the Scottish press.

Even before her diagnosis, she was in poor health according to this article from 2011.

Dead according to todays Record.

Edit to add link from Herald http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/news/home-news/mags-haney-crime-godmother-dies-of-cancer-at-70.1377064326?_=46182b2fa11bdf9860ac132de4b3bd066b83dad7

Drats

I had her shortlisted for 2014

I read that earlier but I only just realised this on looking at it the 2nd time round - scroll down and look at the picture that supposed to be a graffiti of Chopper Read....... that's actually Merv Hughes the Australian cricket legend....... haha...... stupid.

I read that earlier but I only just realised this on looking at it the 2nd time round - scroll down and look at the picture that supposed to be a graffiti of Chopper Read....... that's actually Merv Hughes the Australian cricket legend....... haha...... stupid.

Dead (aplologies if posted elsewhere) - I now see it was (in the "Hooroo, Mate" thread, but only 1 minute before this!)

Arellano Felix, founder/head of the Tijuana Cartel shot dead allegedly at a children's party by 3 gunmen dressed as clowns. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/19/former-head-of-tijuana-drug-cartel-arellano-felix-shot-dead-at-family-party/

I hate folk dressed as clowns.

Arellano Felix, founder/head of the Tijuana Cartel shot dead allegedly at a children's party by 3 gunmen dressed as clowns. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/19/former-head-of-tijuana-drug-cartel-arellano-felix-shot-dead-at-family-party/

I hate folk dressed as clowns.

Um, it says only one man was involved, and nothing about him being dressed as a clown

Canada's John Gotti dead.

Haha, I got confused there for a second, I didn't realise you meant "the Canadian version of John Gotti". Thought Gotti was Canadian and I never knew it.

I was like "Wait, didn't John Gotti die ten fuckin years ago?"

A former mob enforcer in Rhode Island with ties to late New England crime boss Raymond L.S. Patriarca has died in a federal prison in North Carolina. Gerard T. Ouimette was 75.

SC

http://m.heraldstandard.com/united_states_ap/former-ri-mobster-ouimette-dies-in-north-carolina-prison/article_59299549-0d87-56af-b2eb-65a540ef48e8.html?mode=jqm

Osaka Prefectural Police on Monday said an upper member of the recently troubled Yamaguchi-gumi organized crime group has died following a shooting incident inside an office in Naniwa Ward. At approximately 12:30 p.m., Toshiyuki Kawaji, a 52-year-old boss in the Kuramoto-gumi, was found collapsed with a single gunshot wound inside an affiliate gang’s headquarters, located in the Minami entertainment area.

​SC

Osaka Prefectural Police on Monday said an upper member of the recently troubled Yamaguchi-gumi organized crime group has died following a shooting incident inside an office in Naniwa Ward. At approximately 12:30 p.m., Toshiyuki Kawaji, a 52-year-old boss in the Kuramoto-gumi, was found collapsed with a single gunshot wound inside an affiliate gang’s headquarters, located in the Minami entertainment area.

​SC

Strange idea of entertainment, that.

A long shot but the current examination of the pros and cons of the joint enterprise law (whereby hanging out with someone you know might - like - kill someone) might lead to several gangsta types being back on the street. Doubtless they still know where the witnesses live!

Any updates on Gordon Goody?

Rocco Zito, 87, had been a senior member of the notorious ‘Ndrangheta, or Calabrian Mafia, based in southern Italy, according to Canadian media, and one of Toronto’s most powerful Mafia leaders, with influence in New York, Montreal and Italy.

Mr Zito’s son-in-law, Domenico Scopelliti, has been charged with murder after turning himself in to police.

SC

http://www.scotsman.com/news/world/son-in-law-held-after-former-mafia-boss-rocco-zito-shot-dead-in-toronto-1-4016955

Albert Donoghue, Kray twins enforcer-turned-informant, dead at 80.