Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Claude Levi-Strauss

Have I got enough Preparation H to last the weekend?

Have I got enough Preparation H to last the weekend?

Oops - did I say that out loud?

Hmm Claude Levi Strauss..

What do you scence oh great one.... :rolleyes:

I'm still pondering on the facts of his future. ;)

Claude Lévi-Strauss is definitely living on borrowed time. According to the death clock, he should have died on Thursday, September 9th, 1982. ;)

Claude Lévi-Strauss is definitely living on borrowed time. According to the death clock, he should have died on Thursday, September 9th, 1982. ;)

Well what a cheek, somebody should tell him.

This kind of thing should be stamped out.

;)

Death clocks are complete nonesense.

I could compare them with the magic 8 ball

you buy in the local CVS.

Well what a cheek, somebody should tell him.

This kind of thing should be stamped out.

;)

Death clocks are complete nonesense.

I could compare them with the magic 8 ball

you buy in the local CVS.

You should have detected just a hint of sarcasm in my previous post, Banshees. ;)

What is a magic 8 ball and what is a local CVS? Must be a colonial thing........

Don't know about the magic 8 ball, but I know what a local CVS is. It's the local CVS version control repository, as opposed to remote ones. Much better than a death clock.

regards,

Hein

Thanks for that, although I feel none the wiser on the CVS front!

I suppose I could bother to Google next time.......

Here's a photo of the professor which accompanied a recent article in Le Figaro.

claudelevistrauss5qe.jpg

Nothing about his immanent demise or state of health, unfortunately. But still, looks promising...

Guest Guest

The health of Lévi-Strauss is very weak. His life is near of the end. Lévi-Strauss is the father of the structural anthropology. He is a brilliant intellectual.

The health of Lévi-Strauss is very weak. His life is near of the end.

Hurrah!

Lévi-Strauss is the father of the structural anthropology. He is a brilliant intellectual.

Yep.

The health of Lévi-Strauss is very weak. His life is near of the end. Lévi-Strauss is the father of the structural anthropology. He is a brilliant intellectual.

Hopefully what you are saying is true. He is on my 2005 ddp.

Regards,

ff

I'd like to wish the 12th DL graduate of the year a very <_<HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D !

May it be celebrated in a truly raucous and exhausting way.

Guest Christian

A very happy birthday from me also! Although a lot of you out there wish to see this old chap gone to the happy hunting fields, I'd rather wish for him to live a little longer, so that those of us who benefits from his very impressive work on human behavior, still have some time to celebrate him. Go Claude!

A very happy birthday from me also! Although a lot of you out there wish to see this old chap gone to the happy hunting fields, I'd rather wish for him to live a little longer, so that those of us who benefits from his very impressive work on human behavior, still have some time to celebrate him. Go Claude!

Can you not continue to celebrate him once he's dead?

Guest Christian

Well, of course I can - and I will, I suppose! - but by celebrate I also mean the possibility to get some more out of this intelligent man, who despite his age and the Parkinson syndrome (and some other desease?! I haven't heard anything about that) still is able to communicate some of his knowledge to other people, including students of anthropology like myself. I know persons, who have seen Lévi-Strauss rather lately, and he's still going strong! By the way, this spanich site shows not only a celebration of him, but also that he is still capable of having a "lecture" - both things only possible if the man's still alive! (Otherwise, it would be rather bizarre...) That's why I don't mind that you have not yet been able to add another canditate to your deathlist!!!

http://www.gibralfaro.net/hemeroteca/pag=1135.htm

People in this odd physical wreck/lucid mind/impressive and esoteric life history situation often make strange and eye catching career moves. Do you reckon CLS would be up for a guest vocal or two on my new dance album?

Well, of course I can - and I will, I suppose! - but by celebrate I also mean the possibility to get some more out of this intelligent man, who despite his age and the Parkinson syndrome (and some other desease?! I haven't heard anything about that) still is able to communicate some of his knowledge to other people, including students of anthropology like myself. I know persons, who have seen Lévi-Strauss rather lately, and he's still going strong! By the way, this spanich site shows not only a celebration of him, but also that he is still capable of having a "lecture" - both things only possible if the man's still alive! (Otherwise, it would be rather bizarre...) That's why I don't mind that you have not yet been able to add another canditate to your deathlist!!!

http://www.gibralfaro.net/hemeroteca/pag=1135.htm

But don't you think it's better to die whilst still active and making contributions to the world, rather than as a dried up old has been that nobody except bored Deathlisters knows is still alive?

Absolutely agree. In fact I had considered a "die with their boots on thread" discussing people who might do just that until I realised I was a bored deathlister who couldn't even be bothered to do that.

Absolutely agree. In fact I had considered a "die with their boots on thread" discussing people who might do just that until I realised I was a bored deathlister who couldn't even be bothered to do that.

Milton Friedman

Oscar Niemeyer

Fidel Castro

Patrick Moore

...just a few to start the list.

Go for it Godot.