Grim Reaper

George Melly

How can anyone hide on that board, eh?

I'm a big fan of the man from the telly, I'm on board, on the board but hiding behind an exceedingly cunning nom-de-keyboard.

Yes Anubis, cunning, as in Baldrick's "I have a cunning plan". Maybe I should have gone for Gordo. I can't get my avatar to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Come on George, join in our jolly japes. We love you really, at least you're not boring, far from it you flamboyant fool.

Come on George, join in our jolly japes. We love you really, at least you're not boring, far from it you flamboyant fool.

The japes are falling a bit flat. No new posters and nothing new today. How the hell did they expect to sustain a bloody forum on one bloke. It would have been tough enough with Elvis. You'd think George would have it in him to join in.

Having spent a full two minutes reading every single post I think its us and us only. Mebbe we should just quit on the forum over there and prevail upon the surreal funster to come and share banter in these livlier climes.

Guest Wotadog

I first saw George at Abigails in Birmingham in about 1975. I thought he looked at deaths door then, so he will probably still be about in another 30 years.

Having spent a full two minutes reading every single post I think its us and us only. Mebbe we should just quit on the forum over there and prevail upon the surreal funster to come and share banter in these livlier climes.

Well I'm going to persevere. I've bought his bloody fishing book so don't want it to go to waste. I think the George Melly limericks idea has legs. Think I'll post one tonight. Makes you wonder who put the thing together.

N.B. Limerick posted + two new members.

In spite of the not so popular limerick thread George Melly's forum is struggling for critical mass. Not for the first time I find myself alone and friendless. As if the world isn't full of George Melly limerick writers.

Godot, as a means of checking the possibilities of enticing George to join us do you think we should start a thread on his site dedicated to the long term survival of the ageing jazzers of the UK. Humphrey Lyttleton, Stan Tracey, George and the rest?

Just askin' like.

Godot, as a means of checking the possibilities of enticing George to join us do you think we should start a thread on his site dedicated to the long term survival of the ageing jazzers of the UK. Humphrey Lyttleton, Stan Tracey, George and the rest?

Just askin' like.

Sounds a good idea. But I'd be wary of mentioning Acker Bilk. On second thoughts why not call it the Acker Bilk memorial thread?

Sounds a good idea. But I'd be wary of mentioning Acker Bilk. On second thoughts why not call it the Acker Bilk memorial thread?

Acker Bilk played a "gig" about 100 yards from my front door a few weeks ago... sadly I didn't gain any inside information on his health as a result of this other than if he's still touring he's unlikely to be a decent DL candidate for some years.

GR

GR, how you keeping?

Bet that gig was a Landmark in Acker's career.

Old Acker (b 28-01-1929 and christened Bernard Stanley; 'Acker' is west country slang for 'mate' or 'friend') is a busy boy, booked ahead to next July. Any DL'er fancying a night of bum-ache only to discover the oldster is disgustingly healthy should check out his tour dates.

Oh aye, and I've added that ageing jazzers thread to the Melly forum, you never know, GM might tip us the wink on any forthcoming funerals he's sounded out about in advance.

Have just discovered that the George Melly forum does all kinds of weird things with "cuss words". Damn becomes "darn", F**k becomes "crappity smack" and sh*t becomes "nuts". You learn something new every day.

Have just discovered that the George Melly forum does all kinds of weird things with "cuss words". Damn becomes "darn", F**k becomes "crappity smack" and sh*t becomes "nuts". You learn something new every day.

We could learn something from this, eh Admins? Think of the fun

Wouldn't that be a bit childish?

Wouldn't that be a bit childish?

That's bullnuts.

:banghead:

It's not flawless censoring software, I got a couple of cuss words through.

A swear filter is only as good as whoever's programming it.

As the Freedom Polisher said to the Canadian.

It blithering well is. In the meantime George Melly's forum is under attack with seemingly no-one prepared to defend it. The spammers are over it like a colony of fleas. This is what would happen here were it not for the willingness of mods and admins to carry out regular grooming.

It blithering well is. In the meantime George Melly's forum is under attack with seemingly no-one prepared to defend it. The spammers are over it like a colony of fleas. This is what would happen here were it not for the willingness of mods and admins to carry out regular grooming.

I have complained to the House of Graham and received the following reply this evening:

Hi Dave and Mrs G.

Our apologies for allowing the activities you've highlighted these accounts

have been terminated forthwith. We trust that this will not diminish your

enthusiasm for George's forum.

We are working to bring the entire site up-to-date but as we are a

non-profit organisation and we do not receive any funds to support this

service, it does take us a little longer to achieve our objectives!!

Thanks again for your assistance,

Regards

House of Graham Support Team

Strategic Analysts, Computer Sciences

Web Developers & Web Support

It appears that they have now banned the spammers, but have not deleted their posts. Most odd, but then so is George.

A swear filter is only as good

To whoever is programming it.

Your thinking skills are worth my sh*t!

I'm not sure what you mean Banshees Scream.

Is it good sh*t?

I'm not sure what you mean Banshees Scream.

Is it good sh*t?

I'm not used to your talking skills being so modern and slang, but if your talking about the dime I have left, I would give it a 7\10.

You ought to put some of that poo on ebay Royce, sounds like you're sitting on a gold mine.