Lady Die

Lord Lucan - The Big Question

Is Lord Lucan Dead?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

His son declared him dead almost ten years ago, referring to 'his own enquiries' which may mean that a few friends who knew the truth all along were aware that the man had died and told young Bingham as much. Interestingly, his son doesn't say Lucan probably died in 1974.
  • Like 1

One reason you wouldn't feed human meat to those lions is the very real danger they'd get a taste for it. Despite the attrition rate amongst his lion keepers - marked by a memorial to a couple chomped to death in Howletts Zoo near Canterbury - the truth is Aspinall's lions enjoyed one to one contact with humans, including big mad John himself, for years after 1974. So they probably didn't eat Lucan. The dead keepers at Canterbury weren't killed until well after Lucan's disappearance. I think it's a great story about disposing of a body, but bloody unlikely.

I'm still with his rich friends helping him, Graham Hill revving up the plane and the man being spirited away.

Yeah, I doubt the Howletts claims - but a few hacks who were around when Lucan vanished were sent thee to camp and wait for Lucan to arrive. He never did. But even they are still 50/50 to whether he is alive or dead.

I like to think he became Lib Dem MP John Thurso (first hereditary peer to win a seat in the Commons after the Lords were shaken up).

johnthurso.jpg

Whaddaya thunk?

A bit more on his escape from what appears to be a reputable source, his kids - apparently - went on holiday to Africa so he could see them. Not that they knew that was the reason.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/18/lord-lucan-secret-life-africa

I like to think he became Lib Dem MP John Thurso (first hereditary peer to win a seat in the Commons after the Lords were shaken up).

johnthurso.jpg

Whaddaya thunk?

I think we all know he became Freddy Mercury.

"Killer Queen", their breakthrough hit, was No 2 in the charts when Lucan disappeared.

Nuff said. :P

I don't think he was dead at the time, but he probably is now. There used to be a retired copper living opposite me. He was the guy who found Lucan's car in Newhaven. A few years ago he was interviewed on a documentary. He dies a couple of years back, so I suppose he was a very minor celebrity himself

The least convincing part of the Inside Out report this week was "Jill's" assertion that Lucan died years ago. She claimed there was a clue in John Aspinall's final press interview in 2000, though it wasn't made entirely clear what this clue was. Also "Jill's" explanations on why she'd waited so long to go public and whether she had a conscience about concealing information on a wanted murderer weren't exactly probed. She did, however, say Aspinall was in a position to vouch for Lucan's guilt. Lucan's 77 if he's still alive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2102954/Lord-Lucan-Incredible-new-claims-aide-fugitive-peers-wealthy-friends.html

Newspapers and online sources reporting his watch has turned up. Bought by a UK dealer who - apparently - knows a thing or two about watches, but - apparently - sourced from a pawnbrokers in Africa.

Today's Daily Mirror includes a confession from Lucan's brother that the man fled to Africa.

Here's my suspicion for what it's worth:

A close coterie were in on this all along and some of those talking in the last ten days still know more than they're claiming. Their current chattering is intended to throw journos and the police onto the scent. They'd only be doing this because they know the man died recently and those most likely to face prosecution for involvement in helping a murderer escape justice (like John Aspinall, Robert Sangster, James Goldsmith and - allegedly - Graham Hill) are dead.

If that's the case then some respect is probably due to the lot who managed to keep the secret so well for over 37 years.

I have to say Maryport that your post above does make sense- so somewhere in Africa the Lord perhaps expired within the last few weeks? So if thats the case was Namibia the place the Met should have looked?

Its interesting to bear in mind that Namibia was under South Africa control until independence in 1990- which possibly means "The Lord" was going between Namibia/South Africa during the period 1974-1990?

Even now it's all very interesting and confusing!

One of the odder theories I've heard is that he plastic surgery and became Col Gadaffi! If Maryport reckons that whoever Lucan was died recently maybe it's not that a crackpot of a theory

dead as a dodo.

One of the odder theories I've heard is that he plastic surgery and became Col Gadaffi! If Maryport reckons that whoever Lucan was died recently maybe it's not that a crackpot of a theory

wow if that was true what a movie that would make . Gaddafi's face always did look a bit botox ridden .

Once he's proven dead the biopic (which will make his surviving descendents wealthy(ier) is a nailed-on cert.

Mmmm. Who do we think should portray him?

Freddie Mercury, of course. Or one of the blokes off the 118 advert.

Oh, a zombie film. Not my cuppa.

regards,

Hein

Apologies if I've messed up another search and missed a recent post elsewhere but...

Lucan's brother turned up on that bastion of deep-research and flawless journalism Inside Out on BBC 1 this week claiming "Lucky" died about nine years ago and is buried in Africa. S'cuse the cynicism but going on the accuracy previous claims of blood relatives about Lucan's fate I'm not convinced!

Da man that is Sacha Baron Cohen has just finished filming a biopic of Freddie Mercury and apparently he is rather good.

Maybe he should be booked for back to back gigs & given The Lord Lucan role, I think he would do the sinister side of Lucan really well.

Perfect Passing has hit on a great idea above. The biopic, however, would surely get mired in a whelter of conflicting interests all denying the film-makers any opportunity to finish the story accurately.

Perfect Passing has hit on a great idea above. The biopic, however, would surely get mired in a whelter of conflicting interests all denying the film-makers any opportunity to finish the story accurately.

Forget biopic I am thinking event theatre.

You have the basic play about the disappearance of LL and then right at the end an old bloke in the audience with a bushy moustache stands up and says "Absolute Rubbish, what really happened was..." at which point the theatre doors crash open and the old bloke is dragged roughly away by half a dozen police officers, the lights come up and the cast shuffle off the stage.

Cameron MacKintosh can contact me anytime.

• Like 3

Forget biopic I am thinking event theatre.

You have the basic play about the disappearance of LL and then right at the end an old bloke in the audience with a bushy moustache stands up and says "Absolute Rubbish, what really happened was..." at which point the theatre doors crash open and the old bloke is dragged roughly away by half a dozen police officers, the lights come up and the cast shuffle off the stage.

Cameron MacKintosh can contact me anytime.

I was thinking that all the multi award winning films are the really deep ones that provoke people to concentrate on what they are watching.

The biopic could tell the 'Lucky Lucan' story from all different kinds of angles, the nannies story, the wife's, the kids, lucky's himself and the established friends that even obviously felt obliged to assist him.

If the people that made the TV series 'Lost' got involved the film could jump back & fourth in time and really get people thinking, did he/did'nt he do it, and could finish with conclusion.

Or the full story could be told through the journey of his wrist watch!

Anyways, forget Mackintosh, we need Spielberg or Ridley Scott for this epic.

We just need a really good attention grabbing title!

Biblio has a corker above, it could be life the Jeffery Archer play where different results occur on different nights. FFS, I hate theatre and I'd go to that!

Lord Lucans friend and confidante William Shand Kydd, who may have been the only person who knew what happened to him, has died http://www.independe...ny-9961361.html

The whole of society was buzzin'

when ah done a bunk they brought the fuzz in

their still LUCAN for me

But I'm going to stay free

'cos I happen to be the queen's cousin.

• Like 1