Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

What about Michael Jackson. I know it's an obvious thing to say but he does look a bit pasty!!

Also he might be cleared or get off with a non-custodial sometime in 2005 and go off on an orgiastic binge of ???? whatever. If not he'll be 5 or 6 month into a 10-year stretch and be at the mercy of his sicko fellow inmates...

Rochus Misch (87) was Hitler's adjutant and the last survivor of the Bunker. I think he's still alive since he was speaking on the radio here last night. He would be bound to get a mention in the press when he finally drops.

Guest Liebeskind

well, technically he is already on deathrow, as I though I read somewhere that the man has cancer? And then you'd have to add Tariq Aziz to that list too.

Guest Liebeskind

sorry about that - was posting in answer to Saddam comments.

Definites for 2006

Margaret Thatcher

Benedict XVI (actually a whole bunch of the cardinals that elected him too - could we enter them as a group? And let's not forget that JPI only lasted 33 days)

Saddam Hussein

Debbie Reynolds (heck if Taylor's on the list, then Debbie should be too)

King Harald of Norway (cancer)

Prince Ernst August of Hanover (after his pancreas scare, I don't think he'll quit the booze)

QE II or her hubby (getting on in years)

Miep Gies (friend of Anne Frank)

Abigail Van Buren

Zsa Zsa the incomparable

I was going to say, I couldn't find any evidence that Misch has cancer. Apparently there is another old ex-Nazi on the go called Bernd Freytag von Loringhoven but he's not as well known as Misch. Good name though.

How about Milvenia Dean (Titanic survivor) b. 1912 ... or isn't she famous enough?

How about Milvenia Dean (Titanic survivor) b. 1912 ... or isn't she famous enough?

What's the Titanic?

I too am a Titanic survivor, I thought the film was crap but I stuck with it to the end. :blink:

On the Hollywood front a few for consideration (including some old friends of DL...)

Kirk Douglas (90)

Jane Russell (84)

Olivia de Haviland (89)

Lena Horne (89)

Richard Widmark (91)

Lauren Bacall (80)

Doris Day (81)

Gina Lollobrigida (78)

Shelley Winters (85)

Cyd Charisse (84)

Charlton Heston (81)

Max Von Sydow (75)

Angela Lansbury (80)

Dick Van Dyke (80)

Deborah Kerr (84)

Karl Malden (93)

A few have had a hard time, I think Deborah Kerr's brother was murdered last year, and it's about to go to court, so the shock might knock her back a bit.

I know Max VS is a bit on the young side but he's already played chess with death and taunted the devil, so he must be at risk.

Lauren B has been on telly a lot recently so I don't think she's likely to die through illness, but she has been slagging off younger actresses, so perhaps she'll meet with an unfortunate accident involving Nicole Kidman's diet pills.

Milton Friedman (b. 1912) Nobel Prize winning economist. It would be an irony if he died in the same year as Galbreith, as they are complete opposites on the politcal economy spectrum!

Scratch it, he's already on the list. I do beg my pardon!!!

Guest IYG

Sherwood Schwartz - 88 years old, creator of TV shows such as Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch.

Getting old, I think he could be a possiblity.

Guest IYG
Vo Nguyen Giap.

I think he should qualify

I think he does. That's why he's on my DDP team.

regards,

Hein

Sweet.

I've been reading about Vietnam for over 10 hours and from time to time I find names so I look them up. I was surprised anyone is still alive.

I've been reading about Vietnam for over 10 hours and from time to time I find names so I look them up. I was surprised anyone is still alive.

For some of us the Vietnam war is a memory, rather than just history.

That said, I was surprised to learn recently that Giap's adversary General Westmoreland is still with us.

regards,

Hein

Guest IYG

For some of us the Vietnam war is a memory, rather than just history.

That said, I was surprised to learn recently that Giap's adversary General Westmoreland is still with us.

regards,

Hein

He's still alive? Wow, younger than I thought he would be.

Well, what can I do? I'm 19 and in college studying American History. Not my fault I'm young. :rip:

Well, what can I do? I'm 19 and in college studying American History. Not my fault I'm young. :rip:

There's nothing you can do about that, but it's good to learn that some youngsters study history. :lol:

It's a bit unnerving that my birth was quite a bit closer to WWII than the present, but the good news is that I'm not as ancient as Josco.

regards,

Hein

.......... but the good news is that I'm not as ancient as Josco.

:rip::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Had to thump the table a few times at that one.

I daresay Mr Josco will too :P

.......... but the good news is that I'm not as ancient as Josco.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::P

Had to thump the table a few times at that one.

I daresay Mr Josco will too :P

I have sat for some time trying to compose a witty comeback. I am currently at home suffering from food poisoning and leaking at both ends, my devastating reply will have to wait............. :rip:

You are only as old (or young) as you feel would have been a good comeback line, but I guess in your case it would not work as you are not feeling too chipper right now.

I hope you feel better soon.

regards

ff :rip:

Guest IYG

Hope you feel better Josco.

It's true, you're as old as you feel. Right now, I'm feeling 30, sometimes, I feel like I'm 12.

Hein, will it make you feel better to know the 9/11 is also a part of the history I'm learning? This is a US History since 1877 class.

This is a US History since 1877 class.

1877?

Remind me, is that before or after the creation?

Guest IYG

I'm writing a paper for English and I named it It's a Mad Mad Mad MAD World and I remembered the movie from 1963, I thought about looking up the survivors there.

Here's what I found:

Sid Caesar - Born 1922

Mickey Rooney - Born 1920

Jonathan Winters - Born 1925

Edie Adams - Born 1927

Barrie Chase - Born 1933 (hasn't appeared in movies since 1965)

Peter Falk - Born 1927

Marvin Kaplan - Born 1924

Don Knotts - Born 1924

Charles Lane - Born 1905

Carl Reiner - Born 1922

Arnold Stang - Born 1925

Stan Freberg - Born 1926

Nicholas Georgiade - Born 1933

Jerry Lewis - Born 1926 (already on the DL)

I guess I wasted enough time, better resume studying.

What do you guys think?

{merged HCW}