Grim Reaper

Kirk Kerkorian

Bloody hell looks like the Deathlist could be heading for a record this year!

There are a few of the ill folk hanging on still, while the recent spate has been folk who just happened to be old and not wake up one day.

Indeed. Four of the five matches between the Death List and my own team have already received the sweepstakes treatment. Really frustrating, but death by statistics happens.

Fun (?) fact: His movie project on the Armenian genocide has yielded a couple of news updates lately:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/06/15/kirk-kerkorian-armenian-genocide-movie-update-christian-bale-oscar-isaac-to-star

So I guess this is what he wanted to be his legacy.

Guest Guest

He's dead? Man, f*ck this. Now the Deathlist is two hits ahead of me :( And when Kohl dies it'll be three hits ahead :(

BTW, I'm not sure if I posted this before, but I had a feeling the summer of 2015 would be a summer with many deaths much like in 2007.

I agree. There are so many frail ones in their 90s this has to be close to a record breaking year surely !

Random stat, years that Deathlist made the half dozen by June

2013, 11th June (Henry Cecil) - finished with 13/50

2012, 30th June (Shamir), finished with 12/50

2008, actually Bo Diddley was the 9th hit by 2nd June, 14/50

2006, 13th June (Charles Haughey), 13/50

2003, 27th June (Strom Thurmond), 14/50

2002, May (Sam Snead) was 8th hit, 10/50

2001 - Got 7 by April, 10/50

2000 - 8 by April, 10/50

... you get the point

Form since 2003 when the internet age really entered the spirit of things suggests bad omens for several names still on the 2015 list.

I had no idea he was on the list for this year. My father-in-law is going to be annoyed as he's picked him for the past 10 years, but forgot to put him on his list for this year.

Woo Hoo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/06/16/kirk-kerkorian-dead-las-vegas-chrysler/28804065/

Now what's frightening is that 3 of the 5 people I reSearched have died in a month! The only two left are Reagan and Dole. They better watch their step.

Sir Creep

Bob Dole doesn't like this!

• Like 1

Reports coming in that he bet his life on black

Reports coming in that he bet his life on black

Ah, the Premier Inn strategy

Woo Hoohttp://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/06/16/kirk-kerkorian-dead-las-vegas-chrysler/28804065/

Now what's frightening is that 3 of the 5 people I reSearched have died in a month! The only two left are Reagan and Dole. They better watch their step.

Sir Creep

Bob Dole doesn't like this!

No doubt he's my 7th pick.

SC

Guest James

He has died!

Before they add his can they finish Lee's

• Like 1

I had no idea he was on the list for this year. My father-in-law is going to be annoyed as he's picked him for the past 10 years, but forgot to put him on his list for this year.

Wow, you must be the only one with a family member doing deadpools. Dinners must be interesting "Haha! Take that, I got another hit and you didn't! Now pass the gravy."

Woo Hoo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/06/16/kirk-kerkorian-dead-las-vegas-chrysler/28804065/

Sir Creep

could you please go research lemotta and Mugabe please

Woo Hoo

Sir Creep

could you please go research lemotta and Mugabe please

or Zsa Zsa Gabor, and make Deathlisters' and deadpoolers' DREAMS COME TRUE AND HEARTS FILL WITH JOY AND EUPHORIA!

Maybe this will inspired the admins to finally write that Christoper Lee obit.

Seems funny to see a comment like this after he has been dead less than a week when last year we had to wait until late December for almost all of the obit write ups.....

Other than this one, they've been rather speedy this year

Seems funny to see a comment like this after he has been dead less than a week when last year we had to wait until late December for almost all of the obit write ups.....

Well, I wasn't here last year, so I wouldn't know :D

Either way, I'm not an expert, so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't reckon it's very hard to write an obit... so I expect them to be rather speedy.

DL having some good momentum, the fact that the 40-and-downs on the list are dropping like flies is a good omen for the list as a whole when you consider the lowest fifth of the DL is usually "well they might" territory.

• Like 1

Either way, I'm not an expert, so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't reckon it's very hard to write an obit... so I expect them to be rather speedy.

Well, to write a normal obit full of clichés, or just a dry description of who he was and what he did (copied from Wikipedia) is not hard but then people would complain that the obits became boring. In order to write a witty obit, you sometimes need a bit more time... Or just a kiss from a muse. Edited by GossipGabe

Well, to write a normal obit full of clichés, or just a dry description of who he was and what he did (copied from Wikipedia) is not hard but then people would complain that the obits became boring. In order to write a witty obit, you sometimes need a bit more time... Or just a kiss from a muse.

I've borrowed the opening joke from the Jesse Helms obit on the main page (July 2008, for newcomers curious) many times since.

Wow, you must be the only one with a family member doing deadpools. Dinners must be interesting "Haha! Take that, I got another hit and you didn't! Now pass the gravy."

In the one we do, it's me, my parents, my wife, her dad, couple of family friends and then some of their friends.

My sister has declined to play, stating that she finds the idea to be "sick" but she's happy to make suggestions if she reads about someone being ill.

• Like 1

What a cash in he was for the death list

Happy happy Birthday! :birthday::birthday::birthday2::birthday2::party::party:

Look, I put an extra happy in and doubled my normal quota of party smilies, just for you! (That's gotta be worth a couple of million pounds, I'll take a cheque, or should I say, check)!!!

You can't take it with you...

I never did get that cheque.

He might have left you something in his will.

I imagine the staff at Deathlist Towers are feeling pretty smug now. This was another one that was off my radar and I did not support the inclusion of.

Congrats to the committee.

Guest Sas

His obit needs proof-reading :P

Cark Carkorian.