I know I'm not the only one to find things I think that the world would be better off without. Lifejackets on planes, for example. Has anybody in the history of commercial airlines ever used one? Not in the past 10 years I'll bet. It's not just the jackets it's all those instructions about how to put them on: what for? If that plane goes down everyone on board is instant mash. It's a nonsense ritual that has lost all meaning in modern air travel.

Come on deathlisters, I know there are things you would really like to see disappear. What's your waste of space?

• Like 1

Bonzai trees and cadyfloss

• Like 1

[Obligatory]

This thread

[/Obligatory]

:D

Seriously though, I try not to hate, but I've always wondered what the point of leaf blowers were, aside from being a major annoyance.

• Like 1

McDonalds, I remember when the first one opened in Glasgow and some friends & I got a burger on the way home from a concert, it was disgusting, I could have sworn that they had put strawberry jam on it instead of ketchup :D . There is one in our local shopping centre and the smell from it follows you all over the place, it really turns my stomach.

• Angry 1

How long have you got?

Probably top of my list would be...students.

I hate them. They think they are so great. They swam about the place as if society owes them something. Especially Politics students - they are the worst. One guy in my class was a member of the junior labour party and he was 'bigging up' Tony Blair at every F*****g tutorial.

There's also the girl with the permanet pout and the funny walk - a real life Mrs. Vandacamp if ever I saw one.

Nerdy students also get on my nerves, one imparticular. A ginger German student who looked like a chipmonk and sounded American. She held a fullblown arguement/debate over the meaning of clauses of the French constitution. What a cow.

Lastly, there is sandal boy. He has so little fashion sense that he was wearing sandels in the beginning of February when we had inches of snow lying.

God I hate students. They piss me off!

I especially hate the ones who fall into the 'I am a student, I have to be drunk' group. Stop F*****g trying to be wacky and outrageous! It's not cool! You go out every night and complain that you're poor. You are at university for Christ sake, have some logic.

Dreadful People!

(I know I'm a student myself. What can I say? I must be a self loathing person :D ).

• Like 1

The British public transport system. The British are to management what the Italians are to armies. :D

• Like 1

I hate most students - who behave in the way listed above...

• Like 1

Double ;)

Fits nicely with Lady G's though. To defend McDonalds, I'd say that it's hard to get a full meal for under $3 anywhere else in America. :D

• Like 1

The world's ok as it is. No real need to send anything to Room 101. Live and let live, that's my motto.

• Like 1

Ok...in that case I specifically hate students who attend the University of Abedeen.

They are vulgar and annoying.

(That ought to clear up the situation).

• Like 1

people who ride their bikes on the pavement on Lower Regent Street, at 5:30 p.m., on a Thursday.

• Like 1

I hate most students - who behave in the way listed above...

I feel your deep hate for these people. First of all, I would try to find some way to screw the political students over. Try and fix there grades, spread rumors that aren't true, make prank phone calls and threaten them. The sandal is another issue. Just be real about it and say 'Hey man why the F**k are you wearing sandals in February?

• Like 1

Pan pipes.

And the people that play pan pipes.

Especially the people that play pan pipes in shopping centres.

And especially the bonebrained buffoons that stand around watching the people that play pan pipes in shopping centres.

Just stop it. Please.

• Like 2

Strangely enough, I noticed the other day that my boss' office is room 101.

But seriously, what I intensely detest is the way the English call caffe latte "latté".

That f**ks me off beyond the bounds of human decency. It is pure ignorance.

• Like 1

Weather forecasters who insist on giving their opinions about the weather.

They may find sunny weather "glorious" but not everybody likes it, just give me the facts not your sodding views.

• Like 2

SUVs, especially on city streets. I don't get it. If you need a big car, buy a big

car, or, better yet , a truck. But why these huge dinosaurs on wheels that nobody

can seem to learn how to drive let alone park. Rant over.

• Like 1

Weather forecasters who insist on giving their opinions about the weather.

They may find sunny weather "glorious" but not everybody likes it, just give me the facts not your sodding views.

I can relate to that TF, there is one particular weather forecaster on BBC Scotland whom I hate, Heather the weather, she has the most annoying grating voice, her catchphrase is 'Hello there', I only have to hear it and I am muting the TV, plus she is at her happiest when forecasting extreme bad weather :D .

• Like 1

Hmmm..

I run the risk of sounding like a Grumpy Old Man if I go on & on & on. Besides it is late and I need to do other things, like sleep.

So, for now, I will keep this short & say one of my hates (not just irritants, but hates), that I will not miss at all if they disappear forever:-

Pigeons.

They're mucky & spread diseases. So do rats, but at least they can be tested on in a lab, I guess. How dare a common pigeon defecate on one of our finest ever Britons, not just on one day, but every day. In particular, I would like to shoot the pigeon who broke our TV aieral this week. :D

Besides, the pigeon was a cocky little sh*t in Dastardly & Muttley. How I always hoped they'd catch him. I see that this is the 1st anniversary of the death of the voice of Dick Dastardly. In tribute, I will kill as many pigeons as possible tomorrow. :D

• Sad 1

SUVs, especially on city streets. I don't get it. If you need a big car, buy a big

car, or, better yet , a truck. But why these huge dinosaurs on wheels that nobody

can seem to learn how to drive let alone park. Rant over.

Aye I hate those bastards. Should be taxed out of existence for folks who don't live up mountains.

• Like 1

They're mucky & spread diseases. So do rats, but at least they can be tested on in a lab, I guess.

You could say the same thing about children.

• Like 1

The way cucumber is packaged.

The skin-tight cellophane jacket that I can't seem to be able to remove without resorting to violence.

DWB :angry:

[i should say it's the cucumber wearing the jacket not me, someone was bound to be a smart-arse otherwise!]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1