themaninblack

28 Years Of The Deathlist!

D9585C54-CCB2-4575-AE2D-B51A0F1678ED.gif.9113b060e0dfa35bf3285ade7a0321bd.gif

• Like 1

The oldest surviving post is 20 today! :birthday:

Guest KateS and her incorrect prediction didn't do much to earn the title, but let's all raise a glass to her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That post makes a reference to a previous version of the DeathList website, are there any vestiges of that floating in the internet ether I wonder?

54 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

That post makes a reference to a previous version of the DeathList website, are there any vestiges of that floating in the internet ether I wonder?

The forum was new in 2003 (citing Grim Reaper here, this was before I found the forum googling who the fuck Randy Pausch was iirc!), 

The front page has gone through a variety of changes though. From 2009 to 2016 it was the best layout imo. You could check variations on the front page going back to the nineties (when it was the only page) but the Wayback Machine is currently having kittens and crashing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

The oldest surviving post is 20 today! :birthday:

Guest KateS and her incorrect prediction didn't do much to earn the title, but let's all raise a glass to her.

I traced it to (iirc late Sept 2002 through oldest posts/threads. Oct 2002 for certain

4 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Surely she's worth it just for using the word " thanatologist".

• Like 1

Despite the inevitable feuds and disputes, I still consider this little site a place of relative sanity compared to what’s going down in the 2023 ‘real world’. As young Mr Grace used to say: carry on, you’ve all done very well.

But the real reason for my post is to pedantically point out that it’s currently 35 (almost 36) Years of the DL, not 28. It has now outlived that Jesus fellow.

• Like 7

Happy happy anniversary to the Deathlist. I believe that is 36 years Or maybe 37? I'm done counting, but have a cake anyway. ;)

Always remember because it's the anniversary of the death of Cary Grant.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2022 at 12:27, Clarence said:

I'm planning to stay here in Death list until I turn 60 years old in 2060. When I turn 60 years old, I will retire from this site. Don't worry, everything is in my control.I taking care of myself well. Doing everything I can to stay healthy. Maybe, I was still here until 2070s haha. 

Update: hasn't posted since mid-Feb, hasn't even visited since early March.

• Haha 3