DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

I have recently unearthed several ecclesatical leaders, who are very aged or in frail health. Sadly, none of them are really famous enough to qualify for their own thread, but I would think most of them should get an obit in the UK.

It has been a spiritually enriching experience, reading about the exploits of fine fellows below. Feel free to add any men of God I might have missed:

Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria skull.gif17th March 2012
Archbishop Christodoulos skull.gif 28th January 2008
Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria skull.gif6th November 2012
Whakahuihui Vercoe of Rotorua skull.gif13th November 2007
Cahal Cardinal Daly skull.gif31st December 2009
Pavle, Patriarch of Serbia skull.gif15th November 2009
The Most Reverend and Most Holy Father, His Beatitude Ignatius IV, Patriarch of Antioch, the Great City of God, of Syria, Lebanon, Arabia, Cilicia, Mesopotamia and all the East skull.gif5th December 2012

I predict they will all be dead within 2 3 4 5 6 years. pop.gif

• Like 2

Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani, at 77 years of age, would appear to be old enough to be considered aged and has a heart condition. That and he's only one angry Sunni away from meeting his maker.

Get yourself on a CIA shitlist and have a look at his website, it looks fun.

• Like 1

Get yourself on a CIA shitlist and have a look at his website, it looks fun.

Bugger thats me banned from Disneyland Florida :)

Razor

• Like 1

2 more religious men have just joined the heavenly throng - the former Archbishop of Lusaka and the Bishop of Norwich

Although I note these are not on DDT's list, maybe one of those that IS on his list, will be happy to oblige & create a holy trinity of deaths. :P

After all, they killed 6 clerics in one day in Iraq the other day.... :)

• Like 1

I forgot to add His Holiness Alexy II Patriarch of Russia. He received medical treatment in Switzerland earlier in the year and despite the positive spin, er, spun by his PR crew, people don't usually go abroad for medical treatment unless they're pretty poorly.

• Like 1

Ratzinger to go within 3 years.

And Robert Runcie.

• Like 1

Paul Hunter died?

Yes, last year. It was widely covered in the news, and we had a fair few ranters here.

Robert Runcie died?

• Like 1

Archbishop Desmond Tutu probably deserves inclusion as well. He was first diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1996 and last month he announced it has returned.

Statistically speaking you are more likely to die of cancer the second time around... :)

• Like 1

Archbishop Desmond Tutu probably deserves inclusion as well. He was first diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1996 and last month he announced it has returned.

Statistically speaking you are more likely to die of cancer the second time around... :)

I don't have a TV but I happened to be in front of a set last December 31st and saw a New Year interview with the Archbish in which he talked about his cancer having returned, albeit in a non-aggressive manner - hence my inclusion of him in one of my lists for this year.

If that is a recent picture of him in the article quoted above, he has certainly lost some weight since the beginning of the year.

• Like 1

Archbishop Christodoulos's health has deteriorated, he's been in intensive care with "fluid in the digestive tract" to add to his woes. His Beatitude could be beaten before too long.

Father Sir Hugh Barrett-Lennard. Not terribly famous, but his Telegraph obit is highly entertaining.

"..the Pope of Eigg" was in the habit of organising hunts for an imaginary haggis, which he encouraged with high-pitched shrieks like a peacock.." :)

I think Father Sir Hugh Barrett-Lennard did more at the Oratory then roll the woman 'who had no cloths on' in a rug. When they were done she probably rolled him in the rug.

Whakahuihui Vercoe of Rotorua

:P:lol:Dead

He had such a fine name that I was going to put him on my DDP next year, so I'll be interested to see if he gets a UK obit. I think he might struggle to get one, but I didn't think he'd actually die, so I wasn't that worried. :o

I've crossed his name out on the opening post of this thread. My money is on Patriarch Maxim of Bulgaria dying next, apparently he's very prone to colds and chest infections and the nights are getting colder...

Guest Paying my respects
Italian archbishop Gianni Danzi has died. No, I'm not turning into dave - I just wanted to post in From Cleric to Relic for the one and only time, out of respect for DDT. :D

Out of respect? Has DDT died? Perhaps it was metal poisoning, you got to be wary of lead, arsenic an cadmium in these tractor paints if your going to tuck into John Deere à l'orange. My sincerest condolences go out to his sheep, there will be a sore hole in their lives which could take a while to heal.

Who will inherit the inevitably huge narcotic collection he has left behind? I think Star Crossed would give them a good home.