Crispy

Andy Fordham Memorial Darts Thread

Andy Fordham will he retain his title ???  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just saw an interview with Andy Fordham on the box, made today at the PDC World Championship. He's as fat as he ever was, but looked and sounded ok-ish. His health was discussed. He said he's not a well man, but something along the lines of "as good as can be expected". Apparently he's off the booze.

Dutch darts commentator Co Stompe, when asked if Fordham would ever return to competitive darts, added that he sees Fordham at exhibitions regulary and that at such occasions he hardly manages to play two consecutive legs.

Not a well man indeed.

regards,

Hein

I just saw an interview with Andy Fordham on the box, made today at the PDC World Championship. He's as fat as he ever was, but looked and sounded ok-ish. His health was discussed. He said he's not a well man, but something along the lines of "as good as can be expected". Apparently he's off the booze.

Dutch darts commentator Co Stompe, when asked if Fordham would ever return to competitive darts, added that he sees Fordham at exhibitions regulary and that at such occasions he hardly manages to play two consecutive legs.

Not a well man indeed.

regards,

Hein

Im sure I read that Co Stompe has lost most of his immediate family to, IIRC, cancer?

I reckon that makes him as big a candidate as Fordham.

I just saw an interview with Andy Fordham on the box, made today at the PDC World Championship.

For those who want to check: here's a video of the interview.

Im sure I read that Co Stompe has lost most of his immediate family to, IIRC, cancer?

I reckon that makes him as big a candidate as Fordham.

Difficult to say. I didn't know that, but apparently his sister and father succumbed to cancer. The linked article doesn't specify the cause of his mother's death. I've seen him on the telly in the last few days. He's skinny as ever, but looks fine. He's not on my DDP Low Countries Theme Team.

regards,

Hein

Two different types of fatty though. Lewis looks like the hectoring sales manager you had at your first summer job as an 17-year-old. MVG looks like the retarded son of an Eastern European gangland don.

• Like 3

Darts could be the ideal game for a "heavyset" competitor but pool is for more of a regular person as is cards.

Dunno if anyone was watching the UK Open, but fucking hell, Kirk Shepherd has "suicide risk" written all over him.

Dunno if anyone was watching the UK Open, but fucking hell, Kirk Shepherd has "suicide risk" written all over him.

How's that?

How's that?

Vicious attack with a marker pen!

• Like 1

How's that?

He sounded pissed as a skunk, looked like he'd been homeless for two years, and his post-match interview went something like "darts is the only thing I've ever been good at in my life, I've failed at everything else, this is all I have". I know he had some personal issues after his Ally Pally final which meant his career never kicked on, but this was next level.

In other darts possibility news from the Open, Ted Hankey reported that he has an all-new healthy lifestyle, and "isn't smoking as much".

He sounded pissed as a skunk, looked like he'd been homeless for two years, and his post-match interview went something like "darts is the only thing I've ever been good at in my life, I've failed at everything else, this is all I have". I know he had some personal issues after his Ally Pally final which meant his career never kicked on, but this was next level.

In other darts possibility news from the Open, Ted Hankey reported that he has an all-new healthy lifestyle, and "isn't smoking as much".

Oh wow. Yeah, sounds very bad. I didn't know there was such a young world finalist in recent times (other than Van Gerwen of course). I've been into darts since the recent emergence of Van Gerwen but wasn't watching the UK Open, as I had my fill with the Premier League for fuck knows how many weeks I watched it until it ended recently. Will probably watch the latter stages of this though.

Phill Nixon, BDO World Championship finalist in 2007, has died aged just 57...

Phill Nixon, BDO World Championship finalist in 2007, has died aged just 57...

Ohhhhhhhhhh......... fuck! Poor guy..... wow, I can't believe that.

Here's a summary/musical montage of his final against Martin Adams (an extremely dramatic one, I remember watching it live. I was lucky because I certainly didn't watch much darts then so I picked a great match to watch).

2007 was his first time he ever qualified for the televised stages of the championship, after attempting to qualify from as far down as the regional qualifiers since some time in the mid 80s.

Bryan Whyte, a darts player so irrelevant that the DartsDatabase website spells his name "Brian Whyte", has died in a car accident aged 34. Was ranked 164th in the world by the WDF, which translates to "fucking shit" in the total world rankings.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Bryan Whyte, a darts player so irrelevant that the DartsDatabase website spells his name "Brian Whyte", has died in a car accident aged 34. Was ranked 164th in the world by the WDF, which translates to "fucking shit" in the total world rankings.

which begs the question why are you bothering to post his death :huh:

Are people really that eager to post a report of a death they simply don't look at the last posts in a thread? Do the same posters then not look at their subsequent post and think, "oops I've double posted a death" I may as well delete it.

I can understand posting it in a different thread, but in the same thread?

I can even understand a different link, but posting the same link as the poster before?

A funny pun to go with the post may even redeem the poster but in this case we didn't even get that. We got a football reference to a Darts player being called up by his national squad. Which is very rare anyway.

So Pretty Please with sugar on top. delete your fucking post. Then I will delete mine.

A darts player is required to finish on a double, or some bull, so it is appropriate imo...

• Like 3

A darts player is required to finish on a double, or some bull, so it is appropriate imo...

That's actually quite witty. Well done.

which begs the question why are you bothering to post his death :huh:

iceburn.gif

Are people really that eager to post a report of a death they simply don't look at the last posts in a thread? Do the same posters then not look at their subsequent post and think, "oops I've double posted a death" I may as well delete it.

I can understand posting it in a different thread, but in the same thread?

I can even understand a different link, but posting the same link as the poster before?

A funny pun to go with the post may even redeem the poster but in this case we didn't even get that. We got a football reference to a Darts player being called up by his national squad. Which is very rare anyway.

So Pretty Please with sugar on top. delete your fucking post. Then I will delete mine.

Fuck me, some people are touchy. An honest mistake, but this is a fun website, not a CIA database,

The unwritten rules do not mention that an inconsiderate poster must apologize for recreating a post made several hours earlier. If the unwritten rules state that fun mistakes are vain I wouldn't disagree. Anyway, I'm all for the latest and the greatest and most of everything is said at least twice.

Reg Harding, who made the final 32 at the World Championships every year between 1999 and 2003, is dead after a short battle with cancer.

Olly Croft looked like they had to pull him off the mortuary table in that BBC4 darts documentary over Xmas, can't see him going another 12 months.

Reg Harding, who made the final 32 at the World Championships every year between 1999 and 2003, is dead after a short battle with cancer.

So, is that a nine month checkout, then?