Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Peter O'sullevan

Wow, just when I thought we might be suffering from another "drought". This is a great year!

Ironically, the last couple of days I've kind of been really excited every time the 2015 Names got updated, thinking someone had died. Right before I clicked the "Peter O'Sullevan" thread, I told myself to get over it, Peter didn't die. But he did!

I know how you mean, you get excited that Deathlist got a hit, but when it sinks in who it was you are then thinking "Oh!!! not..... "

What I meant was that I've been waiting for a hit the past few days, and every time I clicked on the 2015 Names and saw and update, I had a feeling the person might have died. But right before I clicked on the O'Sullevan thread, I told myself to be rational; he probably didn't die. But then I read the thread and ironically, he did die.

Wow, just when I thought we might be suffering from another "drought". This is a great year!

Ironically, the last couple of days I've kind of been really excited every time the 2015 Names got updated, thinking someone had died. Right before I clicked the "Peter O'Sullevan" thread, I told myself to get over it, Peter didn't die. But he did!

I know how you mean, you get excited that Deathlist got a hit, but when it sinks in who it was you are then thinking "Oh!!! not..... "

What I meant was that I've been waiting for a hit the past few days, and every time I clicked on the 2015 Names and saw and update, I had a feeling the person might have died. But right before I clicked on the O'Sullevan thread, I told myself to be rational; he probably didn't die. But then I read the thread and ironically, he did die.

If one of the names that isn't regularly discussed rises up the list then that does make me think 'have they gone' but ZZG, Kirk Douglas, Martin Crowe and Fidel Castro updates does not raise any expectation of demise.

Good innings and seemed a nice chap by all accounts.What a summer for Death list though.

You may have a point. Here's cynical me listening to the Today programe this morning; hearing "perfectionist," "gentleman" and "loner" in the discussion and telling Mrs MPFC that by this afternoon the first of his "victims" would be touting him/herself around.

D'ya think, there really are some decent people in the world?

Who knew, eh?

Good innings and seemed a nice chap by all accounts.What a summer for Death list though.

You may have a point. Here's cynical me listening to the Today programe this morning; hearing "perfectionist," "gentleman" and "loner" in the discussion and telling Mrs MPFC that by this afternoon the first of his "victims" would be touting him/herself around.

Who knew, eh?

Well I think they would have come forward by now if they were going to.Hard to get a dead man in court.Besides horse racing doesn`t tend to attract kids in the same way Top of the Pops or Rolf`s cartoon club so I think his legacy is safe.From what I read he wasn`t exactly a loner he just didn`t have any close relationships with people other than his wife.but had many acquaintances and travelled a lot which may suggest him being introverted but a loner not really.I think there are decent people in this world they are just few and far between.

Also anyone else thinking we should replace his place on DL with Murray Walker?

Who knew, eh?

Well I think they would have come forward by now if they were going to.Hard to get a dead man in court.Besides horse racing doesn`t tend to attract kids in the same way Top of the Pops or Rolf`s cartoon club so I think his legacy is safe.From what I read he wasn`t exactly a loner he just didn`t have any close relationships with people other than his wife.but had many acquaintances and travelled a lot which may suggest him being introverted but a loner not really.I think there are decent people in this world they are just few and far between.

Also anyone else thinking we should replace his place on DL with Murray Walker?

"Horse racing doesn`t tend to attract kids" -

It does attract undersized young lads and girls who aspire to become jockeys, but mostly spend their time mucking out stables.

I never heard anything untoward about Peter O'Sullevan in that context though, and I'm pretty sure I would have done if there was anything of that nature.

Cheerio PoS, at least you helped me cement my lead in the Nags DP.

• Like 1

Cheerio PoS, at least you helped me cement my lead in the Nags DP.

How very appropriate.

I do think PO'S would be a more respectful abbreviation, though. ;)

:Sky tribute programme on Sir Peter if anyone is interested.