Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Peter O'sullevan

Allright allright my typing skills arent as good

as yours nottoptAtto but iam sure what i type is somewhat

understandable. :lol:

nottoptAtto. Fantastic, may I use it in future posts?

It's all yours Josco my friend. :o

Because this is one of my favorite posts ever made ~

Could that be because you are NOTapotato? A nobody in the potato world? If your name was potato, or notNOTapotato then you might not not be a nobody (in the potato world).

:lol: - I love it. #1

This seems as good as place as any to say that one horse, TyneandThyneAgain died in the Grand National today. There's usually a fatality every year and this was this year's one.

Usually it's the one I've just put a cheeky each-way on. Four years in a row my 4 shillings left Aintree on the catmeat truck, I was almost tempted to ask my turf accountant for a side bet on whether my nag would get the special treatment from the man with the bolt-gun.

There's usually a fatality every year and this was this year's one.

I dont really think O'Sullevan scores enough on the famous test for

the dl. Even though he may be known in the UK somewhat he isent that famous

in America. :D

Something tells me that few if any particularly care what you think about this matter.

Having taken my ease reading the obits in the Telegraph, I turned the page to come across this article. Seems Sir Peter is still going strong and is about to be ninety. Mind you the article is by Sue Mott, who I understand is the inspiration for Private Eye's Sally Jockstrap, so he could keel over tomorrow.

Having taken my ease reading the obits in the Telegraph, I turned the page to come across this article. Seems Sir Peter is still going strong and is about to be ninety. Mind you the article is by Sue Mott, who I understand is the inspiration for Private Eye's Sally Jockstrap, so he could keel over tomorrow.

from memory there was a chunk about Sir Peter in LAST weeks Times .....he was a little bit " if my time is up....I've lived a good life....etc..." . Could be a one to watch in my opinion. When a celeb goes down the route of "I haven't got long" , it may be true...

His wife of 58 years has died & he's been in hospital over the Christmas period with pneumonia - one to watch perhaps. However, he was still well enough to issue a long statement at her death, so who knows?

link

His wife of 58 years has died & he's been in hospital over the Christmas period with pneumonia - one to watch perhaps. However, he was still well enough to issue a long statement at her death, so who knows?

link

Well he did rabbit a bit in his commentary didn't he?

link

Well he did rabbit a bit in his commentary didn't he?

Yes he did rabbit on a bit but that was the job. And to identify all the runners and riders from a commentary position high up above the stands, albeit aided by a TV monitor is some mean achievement. Whata legend. :rolleyes:

Oscar Wilde was a British as the Duke of Wellington (he he)

Or maybe the Duke of York. Like Oscar Wilde, he too had 10,000 men!

Not sure about the Duke of York (Andrew) having 10,000 men, but can't vouch for the Earl of Wessex............

According to Bob Monkhouse, Edward was in the Royal Hussars. The only problem is nobody can remember Hussars he was in!

link

And still well enough to drive from London to the Cheltenham Festival at the age of 93.

link

And still well enough to drive from London to the Cheltenham Festival at the age of 93.

probably didn't get above 20 with all the traffic on his route:-)

Pete was looking spritely at SPOTY this evening. Well, he was standing upright, so he won't be going on my 2012 list.

Dickie Bird on the other hand looked positively awful.

Pete was looking spritely at SPOTY this evening. Well, he was standing upright, so he won't be going on my 2012 list.

Dickie Bird on the other hand looked positively awful.

I think Dickie Bird suffers from Multiple Sclerosis

Is Dickie on the list?

The indestructible Sir Peter O’Sullevan was among those braving the wind at the Kempton Boxing Day meeting. Dressed in a smart brown, leather coat the 94-year-old ‘voice of racing’ admitted he had only just recovered from his pre-Christmas excursion to Salford for the BBC Sports Personality programme.

‘It’s a long way way to go,’ he says. ‘I didn’t get back to London until half-past three in the morning.’

Usefully, for those who had the luck to bump into him, Sir Peter also successfully tipped Binocular in the fourth race.

source -> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2078842/Death-jockey-Fred-Winters-daughter-Joanne-overshadows-euphoria-Kempton.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Guest cabinessential

One of the top stayers in training.

Guest guest

Had a stroke according to the bbc

suffered a milk stroke

His condition is being described as "perky"

was it strawberry flavoured?

Coffee flavoured, surely.

Sir Peter did a voice over tribute to Henry Cecil on the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards last week. He sounded old and croaky, but there again, he IS old and croaky

Unfortunately he did not appear on camera.

Happy Birfday Peter :birthday:

Aye, 97 today, respect!