Sean

Brian Sewell

He also liked to drive his care barefoot:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/2718722/Portrait-of-a-driver-Brian-Sewell.html

That article from 2002 mentions his heart attack in 1994 and how Sewell thought his heart would "explode" before his car. It obviously hasn't happened yet. I get the impression that he loves to complain about himself. I have him marked as dead before 2017 with 50% likelihood, and my reasons for that are his cancer and his self-loathing. I picture him on his deathbed muttering his final words: "I was... too.....gay...." His end may come quickly if he starts to feel too much pain.

He also liked to drive his care barefoot:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/2718722/Portrait-of-a-driver-Brian-Sewell.html

That article from 2002 mentions his heart attack in 1994 and how Sewell thought his heart would "explode" before his car. It obviously hasn't happened yet. I get the impression that he loves to complain about himself. I have him marked as dead before 2017 with 50% likelihood, and my reasons for that are his cancer and his self-loathing. I picture him on his deathbed muttering his final words: "I was... too.....gay...." His end may come quickly if he starts to feel too much pain.

I think he is all talk about suicide/euthanasia as he dramatized it so much. He is a complainer but I have always found his curmudgeonly criticisms rather entertaining . I can`t see him living past 2016 and am not convinced he will be here at the end of this year as stage 4 cancer is usually months not years.

Definitely a shoo in for next year should he still be breathing come January 1st

The inside line I've heard from people who work on one of the publications Sewell submits copy for is that they don't expect him to be around for December, so if he does make it to 2016 he should be a cert for the DL and your DDP line-ups.

The inside line I've heard from people who work on one of the publications Sewell submits copy for is that they don't expect him to be around for December, so if he does make it to 2016 he should be a cert for the DL and your DDP line-ups.

I'd heard he was in a bad way, and then swiftly completely forgot to include him on the DDP. So the chances of him seeing 2016 are a bit slim, on sods law.

Before starting this topic I thought he might be dramatizing his will to end it all and might pull off a Clive James by constantly pre-announcing his imminent demise but then I remembered that his cancer was at stage 4.Luckily I picked him for the Hare`s Dead pool so substantial points may well be heading my way if your sources prove correct!

A great shout - he's just entered my top 10 list for 2016! Massively obit-worthy.

I should think it would make the News at Ten in brief segments between main articles.

I should think it would make the News at Ten in brief segments between main articles.

Articles covering it would surely include a selection of his most memorable quotes and put downs

Oy, I was just about to post about his death.

First Oliver Sacks, now Brian Sewell... soon I'll have nobody for 2016!

• Like 1

Second hit for my deathpool team

Bugger another loss to my 2016 DDP entry.Still I had him on my deadpool and the Hares Deadpool.

That's "fucking dreadful" news. :(

• Like 3

He was so self-loathing, maybe that explains how he died "ahead of schedule".

First Oliver Sacks, now Brian Sewell... soon I'll have nobody for 2016!

You and me both, I was pretty hopeful I'd have two hits straight off the bat for January with them two. RIP Brian, you leave many memorable quotes and were an inspiration for pseudo-intellectual curmudgeons everywhere.

• Like 2

I quite liked him.Not afraid to say whatever the hell he liked :but he always had the intelligence and wit to come up with a good argument to back up his controversial comments.

• Like 1

Sad to see him go. I had a soft spot for the old curmudgeon.

• Like 1

Goodbye to the plummiest voice in Christendom! RIP.

Articles covering it would surely include a selection of his most memorable quotes and put downs

Courtesy of the Independent:

Sewell's sayings

On Banksy: “Banksy should have been put down at birth ... His work has no virtue.”

On Damien Hirst: “To own a Hirst is to tell the world that your bathroom taps are gilded and your Rolls-Royce is pink.”

On David Hockney: “Half these pictures are fit only for the railings of Green Park, and would never be accepted for the Summer Exhibition were they sent in under pseudonyms.”

On women in art: “Only men are capable of aesthetic greatness.”

On contemporary art: “We pee on things, we pee into things, we pee over things ... and call it art.”