VSBfromH

Rumours

To save the main thread from getting clogged up, I thought I'd start a thread for all those (mostly silly) rumours like the recent "Jeff Goldblum falls off a cliff in New Zealand" one.

Latest is Rick Astley found dead in Berlin Hotel room

Fer chrissake! They'll be claiming Michael Jackson's dead next!

• Like 1

To save the main thread from getting clogged up, I thought I'd start a thread for all those (mostly silly) rumours like the recent "Jeff Goldblum falls off a cliff in New Zealand" one.

I've seen quite a bit of those myself.

If you've read my previous postings (particularly on the media and celebrity illnesses and exploitation of our obsession with celebrity illnesses and death, yada, yada, yada), you should guess where I stand on this issue.

But I have to say that when I read news on Jeff Goldblum's death, I actually thought it was hilarious. Luckily he's still alive and kickin'.

Anyway, I've recently read rumors that the following celebrities died:

Weird Al Yankovic apparently died of food poisoning. Probably was eating the same 12-year-old nuts as MJ had (even though I have nothing but respect for the guy, I still reserve the right to crack jokes).

Gwyneth Paltrow allegedly died in a plane crash.

Britney Spears apparently died, but that's b/c someone hacked into her twitter account (she's still alive, folks).

Patrick Swayze has finally succumb to cancer. Probably won't be a rumor for long.

I heard a rumour that BC Alum posted something interesting, and that Banshees has never had a w'ank in his entire life.

I heard a rumour that BC Alum posted something interesting, and that Banshees has never had a w'ank in his entire life.

Technical question for the lads to ponder. Is it at all possible to pull one off whilst confined within a straitjacket?

Typing I imagine was carried out by some kind of microplunger device strapped to the forehead. This would therefore account for the frequency of typos such as their in place of they're thus avoiding the tricky two key shift + apostrophe manoeuvre. However attacking the one eyed tiger prawn shrimp whilst dressed as a failed escape artist, surely not possible?

Apologies to anyone intent on eating sausage for tea.

I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this, but Jeff Goldblum really is dead.

Rick Astley is obviously not dead. It's another prank being pulled by Anonymous, no doubt.

I watched the video by 'Anonymous' (on their Wiki page) a few years ago on You Tube and thought that those Scientologists can't be all that clever.

It's obviously Stephen Hawking. :wheelchair:

Technical question for the lads to ponder. Is it at all possible to pull one off whilst confined within a straitjacket?

I suppose that depends on whose it is.

Another rumor I heard about a month & a half ago was that Natalie Portman died, by falling while filming a movie. But as I looked into, it was just a rumor, & she's still alive.

Latest rumour: Emma Watson...

I wonder if they would have found someone to replace her in Potter?

Just as the film's come out. Fancy that :banghead:

A Freind Emailed Me and Said that Keanu Reeves Died and Yet I looked him up on wiki and hes still alive

A Freind Emailed Me and Said that Keanu Reeves Died and Yet I looked him up on wiki and hes still alive

Well Wiki is 110% reliable, isnt it!

• Like 1

Is the Pooka dead?

I hope not, he put together one of the best posts Ive ever read here or anywhere else for that matter.

EDIT: Just looked back on some of his posts.

Sheer quality!

Is the Pooka dead?

I hope not, he put together one of the best posts Ive ever read here or anywhere else for that matter.

Sheer quality!

Why thank you Lord Fellatio.

Not dead ......... alas. But where I've been there were times, over the last 18 moths, when I envied the dead! Needless to say a minor misunderstanding involving my presence in a celebrity's back garden has led to me lacking the degree of liberty that I would normally crave. All sorted now .................

Is the Pooka dead?

Sheer quality!

Not dead ......... alas. But where I've been there were times, over the last 18 moths, when I envied the dead! Needless to say a minor misunderstanding involving my presence in a celebrity's back garden has led to me lacking the degree of liberty that I would normally crave. All sorted now .................

Pooka!!! Glad you are back! :)

Glad its all sorted out, you really must stop all that, its no good for you!

I hope the 18 moths didnt cause you too much anguish.

Onwards and upwards!

Is the Pooka dead?

Sheer quality!

Onwards and upwards!

Why would 18 moths cause anyone anguish? They're not dangerous animals, no claws or sharp teeth. Unless, of course, they ate some of your clothes....

Is the Pooka dead?

Sheer quality!

Onwards and upwards!

Why would 18 moths cause anyone anguish? They're not dangerous animals, no claws or sharp teeth. Unless, of course, they ate some of your clothes....

Moths are vile creatures, almost as bad as slugs. And they're bloody annoying. You go to bed in the dark, and they leave you alone, but as soon as you put the bedside lamp on to have a nice relaxing read, wham, they're flying around your head! I'm afraid moths get the same treatment as spiders in my house, my size 6 boot and a headache.

Moths are vile creatures, almost as bad as slugs

I wouldn't know about slugs, but moths are vile indeed. A few years ago they invaded my wardrobe. All-out chemical warfare dispatched the enemy in a matter of hours, but my best suit looked like a city after a Luftwaffe air raid.

I'm afraid moths get the same treatment as spiders in my house, my size 6 boot and a headache.

A short headache, I presume.

regards,

Hein

• Shocked 1