- - - - -

Time Added If The Grim Reaper Were The Fourth Official....

1022 replies to this topic

#21 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

View PostCanadian Paul, on Apr 30 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

Do you have a whole list of all the '34 players with their living status? Not that I want to steal it, just that you seem to be well organized on the topic.

Not really.

What I did, nearly 10-15 years ago, was read an article about Francisco Varallo. As one does (well me, anyway) I wondered how many others are still alive from a World Cup or who has died from recent ones?

All I have is the line-ups of everybody, and in bold is who is still alive, and in normal font, who is dead or almost certainly deceased.

But with so many being relatively obscure, it's nowhere near as precise as the motor racing site I run.

Best resource for following up is the player history website - www.playerhistory.com which is a lot more reliable than the cut & paste shamefest that is weltfussbal, which is one of the links mentioned.

Some countries are quite easy to find, but others very difficult. I tend to have a good look at it every two years or so to see if there's any that slip the net.

But in summary, 1930 has only one left - Varallo
I think 1934 has those I mentioned above with a few more hmmmmmsss like Cisar
1938 has at least three definitely alive - another 10-12 possibles, if not more...

#22 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Apr 30 2008, 09:38 AM, said:

What I did, nearly 10-15 years ago, was read an article about Francisco Varallo. As one does (well me, anyway) I wondered how many others are still alive from a World Cup or who has died from recent ones?

You've gotten me into it too. I went through Wikipedia and composed a quick list of players who neither listed as deceased, nor could I find any evidence that they were deceased (eg. I found a source saying that the entire U.S. team is dead, so even though there's no DOD on a lot of their pages, they're all history). Since this discussion is surprisingly on the topic of the thread, I thought I'd share. I suspect even an obscure footy player would get attention if he were the last one from a World Cup Final, though Varallo is an inaccurate measure, since he's well-known outside of being the last from 1930. Also, as a caveat, being that I could only browse the names that people had bothered to add to Wikipedia, it's not a comprehensive list - in fact, of OoO's final five, only Llense had a Wikipedia page before yesterday (I gave Jaccard one last night).

So aside from the four mentioned by OoO and Cisar, we have:

Jaroslav Bouček
Franz Dienert
Jan van Diepenbeek
Géza Kalocsay
Ehrenfried Patzel
Einar Snitt
Pedro Solé
Josef Streb

I'm sure OoO could trim the list if he gets the time, but I don't have resources (ie. the Player History site) that he does. If all were alive (unlikely) that would bring the total to 13 survivors.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#23 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Former Rochdale and Oldham midfielder, Ernie Cooksey, 27, is suffering from malignant melanoma. <_<
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#24 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

View PostCanadian Paul, on Apr 30 2008, 06:28 PM, said:

You've gotten me into it too. I went through Wikipedia and composed a quick list of players who neither listed as deceased, nor could I find any evidence that they were deceased. I suspect even an obscure footy player would get attention if he were the last one from a World Cup Final, though Varallo is an inaccurate measure, since he's well-known outside of being the last from 1930. Also, as a caveat, being that I could only browse the names that people had bothered to add to Wikipedia, it's not a comprehensive list.

Jaroslav Bouček
Franz Dienert
Jan van Diepenbeek
Géza Kalocsay
Ehrenfried Patzel
Einar Snitt
Pedro Solé
Josef Streb

I'm sure OoO could trim the list if he gets the time, but I don't have resources (ie. the Player History site) that he does. If all were alive (unlikely) that would bring the total to 13 survivors.

Right, this is the first of a two part post - one focusing on this lot, the other a round-up of footballing possibilites, because there seem to be so many.

Firstly, CP, I must mention something from the above. The 5 I mentioned are/were players who actually played in the tournament. Most of those above were just squad members - that's not to say they're not worthy, but records of them are even less kept than the players & it is unlikely in the extreme that any of them will get obits.

Anyway...
Boucek d. 10 Oct 1987
Diepenbeek d. 8 Aug 1981

Sole & Patzel... all sources seem to agree that they are dead, but they just don't know when precisely. Snitt would be around 104-105 now if he is still alive, which I doubt.

Streb appears to be alive, but didn't play & that German side was pretty poor, so there won't be an obit.

As for Kalocsai, he only recently passed away - the link is in Hungarian, but he appears to have died on 29 July 2007.

#25 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

Okay, here is my list (yes, yes I know Godot, I plead guilty to liking lists!) of footballers/football related people who are plain darn ill. There's enough here for a whole team on the DDP - in fact, probably two (though there's already one anyway).

Cancer
Bobby Moncur - 63, ex-Newcastle, Sunderland, Scotland - colon cancer - obit assured.
Gary Kelly - 41, ex-Oldham & Bury - cancer - obit possible, but not assured
Ernie Cooksey - 27, ex Oldham, Rochdale & Boston - skin cancer - obit probable
Sir Bobby Robson - 75, ex-England manager & player etc. etc - lung cancer - obit assured
Peter Jackson - 47, current Lincoln City manager - throat cancer - obit assured
Eddie Thompson - 68, Dundee United chairman - terminal bone cancer - obit assured
Tommy Burns - 51, ex Celtic & Scotland player, ex Celtic boss - skin cancer - obit assured
Alan Kelly - 71, ex Preston & Ireland - dad of Gary - cancer - obit most probable
Paul Canoville - 46 - ex Chelsea & Reading (first black player for Chelsea) - cancer twice - obit assured

Parkinsons/Alzheimers
Paul Madeley - 63 - ex Leeds & England - Parkinson's amongst many other ailments - obit assured
Ray Kennedy - 56 - ex Liverpool, Arsenal & England - long-time Parkinson's - obit assured
Peter Broadbent - 74, ex-England & Wolves - Alzheimers - obit assured

Other Illnesses - all obits assured bar Zajec, which is most probable cos of Pompey links
Malcolm Allison - 80, ex Man City boss - past alcoholism & respiratory problems (only has one lung)
Eddie Turnbull - 85, ex Hibs & Scotland - two strokes in past
Sammy Cox - 84, ex Rangers & Scotland - very fat & heart probs
John Neal - 76, ex Chelsea & Middlesbrough boss - heart problems
Khaliliou Fadiga - 33, ex Bolton & Senegal - major heart problems
Paul Gascoigne - 40, ex Newcastle, Spurs & England - loopy as a fruitcake, drinker, HIV??
Diego Maradona - 47 - ex Argentina - fat & drugs & loopy
Velimir Zajec - 52 - ex Yugoslavia player, ex-Pompey boss - believed to have motor neurone disease?? (Not 100% certain, but that's why I took a risk with him on the 2008 DDP)
Brookes Mileson - 60, ex-Chairman of Gretna - brain infection, cancer, serious stomach problems

Not Ill But Old - again, all obits assured
Gil Merrick - 86, ex Birmingham & England - remarried in 2008 so might be okay for now....
Francisco Varallo - 98, ex-Argentina, played in 1st World Cup final. Seems well for age.
Sir Tom Finney - 86, ex-Preston & England - one of greatest living footballers. Seems well.
Nat Lofthouse - 82, ex-Bolton & England - okay health, but has looked very frail in recent years
Phil Taylor - 90, ex Liverpool manager, England player - good health for age. Oldest ex-England player
Bert Williams - 88, ex-Wolves & England - appears well for age.
Ivor Broadis - 86, ex-Carlisle, Sunderland & England - okay for age, but noticeably frailer
Bill Foulkes 76 - ex Manchester Utd & England - looked incredibly frail at Munich 50th anniversary

I know there's others I've forgotten & others that could be added yet - certainly plenty to choose from...

#26 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,165 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Apr 30 2008, 11:44 PM, said:

Okay, here is my list (yes, yes I know Godot, I plead guilty to liking lists!) of footballers/football related people who are plain darn ill. There's enough here for a whole team on the DDP - in fact, probably two (though there's already one anyway).

Cancer
Bobby Moncur - 63, ex-Newcastle, Sunderland, Scotland - colon cancer - obit assured.
Gary Kelly - 41, ex-Oldham & Bury - cancer - obit possible, but not assured
Ernie Cooksey - 27, ex Oldham, Rochdale & Boston - skin cancer - obit probable
Sir Bobby Robson - 75, ex-England manager & player etc. etc - lung cancer - obit assured
Peter Jackson - 47, current Lincoln City manager - throat cancer - obit assured
Eddie Thompson - 68, Dundee United chairman - terminal bone cancer - obit assured
Tommy Burns - 51, ex Celtic & Scotland player, ex Celtic boss - skin cancer - obit assured
Alan Kelly - 71, ex Preston & Ireland - dad of Gary - cancer - obit most probable
Paul Canoville - 46 - ex Chelsea & Reading (first black player for Chelsea) - cancer twice - obit assured

Parkinsons/Alzheimers
Paul Madeley - 63 - ex Leeds & England - Parkinson's amongst many other ailments - obit assured
Ray Kennedy - 56 - ex Liverpool, Arsenal & England - long-time Parkinson's - obit assured
Peter Broadbent - 74, ex-England & Wolves - Alzheimers - obit assured

Other Illnesses - all obits assured bar Zajec, which is most probable cos of Pompey links
Malcolm Allison - 80, ex Man City boss - past alcoholism & respiratory problems (only has one lung)
Eddie Turnbull - 85, ex Hibs & Scotland - two strokes in past
Sammy Cox - 84, ex Rangers & Scotland - very fat & heart probs
John Neal - 76, ex Chelsea & Middlesbrough boss - heart problems
Khaliliou Fadiga - 33, ex Bolton & Senegal - major heart problems
Paul Gascoigne - 40, ex Newcastle, Spurs & England - loopy as a fruitcake, drinker, HIV??
Diego Maradona - 47 - ex Argentina - fat & drugs & loopy
Velimir Zajec - 52 - ex Yugoslavia player, ex-Pompey boss - believed to have motor neurone disease?? (Not 100% certain, but that's why I took a risk with him on the 2008 DDP)
Brookes Mileson - 60, ex-Chairman of Gretna - brain infection, cancer, serious stomach problems

Not Ill But Old - again, all obits assured
Gil Merrick - 86, ex Birmingham & England - remarried in 2008 so might be okay for now....
Francisco Varallo - 98, ex-Argentina, played in 1st World Cup final. Seems well for age.
Sir Tom Finney - 86, ex-Preston & England - one of greatest living footballers. Seems well.
Nat Lofthouse - 82, ex-Bolton & England - okay health, but has looked very frail in recent years
Phil Taylor - 90, ex Liverpool manager, England player - good health for age. Oldest ex-England player
Bert Williams - 88, ex-Wolves & England - appears well for age.
Ivor Broadis - 86, ex-Carlisle, Sunderland & England - okay for age, but noticeably frailer
Bill Foulkes 76 - ex Manchester Utd & England - looked incredibly frail at Munich 50th anniversary

I know there's others I've forgotten & others that could be added yet - certainly plenty to choose from...

Respect OoO

Some great work. If you could snag that bunch in their prime you could field one hell of a team, weakened only by the lack of a second top-class keeper for the bench. Banks, Bonetti, Lev Yashin, Dino Zoff.....they're all healthy at the mo, right?
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#27 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:13 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on May 1 2008, 09:32 AM, said:

If you could snag that bunch in their prime you could field one hell of a team, weakened only by the lack of a second top-class keeper for the bench. Banks, Bonetti, Lev Yashin, Dino Zoff.....they're all healthy at the mo, right?

Firstly, are you mad? Bert Williams & Gil Merrick were top-class keepers, with full international honours & were both legends of the clubs they served so well. Alan Kelly was an international too and also served Preston with distinction.

Secondly, Lev Yashin isn't healthy at the mo. He's also dead at the mo. He died in 1990.

If you had to make up a Deathlist XI (and subs) of them in their pomp it would have to be:
1 Bert Williams
2 Ray Kennedy
3 Bill Foulkes
4 Paul Madeley
5 Bobby Moncur
6 Eddie Turnbull
7 Tommy Burns
8 Paul Gascoinge
9 Nat Lofthouse
10 Diego Maradona
11 Sir Tom Finney

12 Gil Merrick
13 Velimir Zajec
14 Peter Broadbent
15 Sammy Cox
16 Ivor Broadis (though if it were really MY team - I'd pick Canoville for bias' sake)

#28 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,165 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Sorry

Missed Williams, Take your point about Kennedy but.....world class, nah. Can't really argue too much with the team selection above either, despite the Carlisle bias I'd feel for Broadis. Maradonna and Gazza, in their prime, on the same team.....imagine that.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#29 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Apr 30 2008, 05:14 PM, said:

View PostCanadian Paul, on Apr 30 2008, 06:28 PM, said:

You've gotten me into it too. I went through Wikipedia and composed a quick list of players who neither listed as deceased, nor could I find any evidence that they were deceased. I suspect even an obscure footy player would get attention if he were the last one from a World Cup Final, though Varallo is an inaccurate measure, since he's well-known outside of being the last from 1930. Also, as a caveat, being that I could only browse the names that people had bothered to add to Wikipedia, it's not a comprehensive list.

Jaroslav Bouček
Franz Dienert
Jan van Diepenbeek
Géza Kalocsay
Ehrenfried Patzel
Einar Snitt
Pedro Solé
Josef Streb

Right, this is the first of a two part post - one focusing on this lot, the other a round-up of footballing possibilites, because there seem to be so many.

Firstly, CP, I must mention something from the above. The 5 I mentioned are/were players who actually played in the tournament. Most of those above were just squad members - that's not to say they're not worthy, but records of them are even less kept than the players & it is unlikely in the extreme that any of them will get obits.

Anyway...
Boucek d. 10 Oct 1987
Diepenbeek d. 8 Aug 1981

Sole & Patzel... all sources seem to agree that they are dead, but they just don't know when precisely. Snitt would be around 104-105 now if he is still alive, which I doubt.

Streb appears to be alive, but didn't play & that German side was pretty poor, so there won't be an obit.

As for Kalocsai, he only recently passed away - the link is in Hungarian, but he appears to have died on 29 July 2007.

Wow, how thorough. Thanks OoO!
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

I still owe NAP

#30 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

View PostOctopus of Odstock, on Apr 30 2008, 05:14 PM, said:

You might be interested in this OoO. I got this message after I tried to insert his date of death on his Wikipedia page:

Hi!

I know it is almost unbeleivable, but Géza Kalocsay didn't die in 2007. The article you referred is talking about another Hungarian footballplayer with exactly the same name, but with a different lifeline. Pay attention to to other Kalocsay's different date (7 December, 1914) and place (Szeged) of birth, and different career. I was discussing this in a forum with football historians, and we concluded, that the two Kalocsay's are not connected at all.

So it appears that there's another survivor.

I still owe NAP

#31 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

Former Aston Villa midfielder, Paul Birch, 42, is suffering from cancer. The precise nature of his diagnosis has not been disclosed.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#32 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,165 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

On Radio Five tomorrow:

BRIAN ALEXANDER SPECIAL:
Brian Alexander interviews former Aston Villa, Everton & Portsmouth player Warren Aspinall about his gambling and alcohol addictions over the past 18 years.

Warren's problems came to a head last Christmas when, having come to the realisation that he had blown £1 million gambling, he drank himself into a stupor and sat on the railway line to commit suicide.

Fortunately for him, the train driver hooted and he managed to throw himself to safety at the last moment. Warren has since completed a recovery programme at the Sporting Chance Clinic in Hampshire and has been clean for 10 weeks.

The Brian Alexander Special - this Thursday 8th May at 8pm - investigative journalism at it's best.

Warren 'Tooth' Aspinall was also an important member of the 1997 Carlisle squad who gained promotion and won at Wembley. Oddly, Jimmy Glass - the on loan goalie who scored to save us from relegation to the conference - is also a gambling addict.
Posted Image

#33 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

Controversial & outspoken former Chairman (and manager) of Lincoln City, John Reames has died, aged 66.

With Peter Jackson also being ill with cancer, I wonder if he will be the only Lincoln City manager past or present to die this year.

#34 Guest_David_*

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

[quote name='DevonDeathTrip' date='Apr 24 2008, 07:59 AM' post='115676']
Cancer setbacK for Tommy Burns.

Sadly, Tommy failed to win his cancer fight and has passed on.

#35 Guest_David_*

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

[quote name='Octopus of Odstock' date='May 1 2008, 10:13 AM' post='115928']
[quote name='maryportfuncity' post='115923' date='May 1 2008, 09:32 AM']If you could snag that bunch in their prime you could field one hell of a team, weakened only by the lack of a second top-class keeper for the bench. Banks, Bonetti, Lev Yashin, Dino Zoff.....they're all healthy at the mo, right?

Firstly, are you mad? Bert Williams & Gil Merrick were top-class keepers, with full international honours & were both legends of the clubs they served so well. Alan Kelly was an international too and also served Preston with distinction.

Secondly, Lev Yashin isn't healthy at the mo. He's also dead at the mo. He died in 1990.

If you had to make up a Deathlist XI (and subs) of them in their pomp it would have to be:
1 Bert Williams
2 Ray Kennedy
3 Bill Foulkes
4 Paul Madeley
5 Bobby Moncur
6 Eddie Turnbull
7 Tommy Burns
8 Paul Gascoinge
9 Nat Lofthouse
10 Diego Maradona
11 Sir Tom Finney

12 Gil Merrick
13 Velimir Zajec
14 Peter Broadbent
15 Sammy Cox
16 Ivor Broadis (though if it were really MY team - I'd pick Canoville for bias' sake)

You'll have to enlighten me about some of these revered names. I've heard of Nat Lofthouse and Tom Finney - in fact, I've met them both. They were both very charming gentlemen. But I've never heard of Bert Williams, Eddie Turnbull, Peter Broadbent, Gil Merrick, Sammy Cox or Velimir Zajec. I've heard of Ivor Broadis, though - he played for Newcastle.

#36 Guest_David_*

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

[quote name='maryportfuncity' post='115923' date='May 1 2008, 09:32 AM']If you could snag that bunch in their prime you could field one hell of a team, weakened only by the lack of a second top-class keeper for the bench. Banks, Bonetti, Lev Yashin, Dino Zoff.....they're all healthy at the mo, right?

1 Bert Williams
2 Ray Kennedy
3 Bill Foulkes
4 Paul Madeley
5 Bobby Moncur
6 Eddie Turnbull
7 Tommy Burns
8 Paul Gascoinge
9 Nat Lofthouse
10 Diego Maradona
11 Sir Tom Finney

12 Gil Merrick
13 Velimir Zajec
14 Peter Broadbent
15 Sammy Cox

Fransisco Varallo will be the one I'd say. At 98 you're on borrowed time and it's running out fast. Place your bets 4-1 he'll not hang on much longer.

#37 Guest_David_*

• Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

[quote name='David' date='May 20 2008, 04:06 PM' post='116670']

1 Bert Williams
2 Ray Kennedy
3 Bill Foulkes
4 Paul Madeley
5 Bobby Moncur
6 Eddie Turnbull
7 Tommy Burns
8 Paul Gascoinge
9 Nat Lofthouse
10 Diego Maradona
11 Sir Tom Finney

12 Gil Merrick
13 Velimir Zajec
14 Peter Broadbent
15 Sammy Cox

Fransisco Varallo will be the one I'd say. At 98 you're on borrowed time and it's running out fast. Place your bets 4-1 he'll not hang on much longer.

This is a great thread to be part of. Here's my all time DL 11. Some are already passed on, some soon will be. A slight Celtic and Scottish bias - due to my devotion to my beloved Celtic.

1. Gordon Banks (England's greatest keeper. Not passed away - but will be getting on)
2. Jim Craig (Celtic hero. Still living for now)
3. Tommy Gemmell (Celtic hero. Still living and fit for now)
4. Bobby Moncur (Living for now - but has got cancer)
5. Bobby Moore (has passed away)
6. Jimmy Johnstone ( Celtic hero.passed away)
7. Georgie Best (passed away)
8. Jarzinho (Still living and fit for now)
9.Ferenc Puskas. Hungarian legend. passed away)
10. Eusebio. (Still living and fit)
11. Bobby Charlton (Still living and fit)

Subs

12. Ron Springett (Don't know if he's living)
13. George Young (Scotland's right - back.)
14. Jack Charlton (Still living and in good health)
15.Bobby Lennox (Celtic hero. Still living - but has a bad heart)
16. Diego Maradona (Drug addict, bad heart. Living for now)
17. Bert Trautmann. (Ex - Man City keeper. Living and still in good health - but will come in handy to have an extra keeper.

#38 Guest_David_*

• Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

[quote name='David' date='May 21 2008, 11:57 AM' post='116718']
[quote name='David' date='May 20 2008, 04:06 PM' post='116670']

1 Bert Williams
2 Ray Kennedy
3 Bill Foulkes
4 Paul Madeley
5 Bobby Moncur
6 Eddie Turnbull
7 Tommy Burns
8 Paul Gascoinge
9 Nat Lofthouse
10 Diego Maradona
11 Sir Tom Finney

12 Gil Merrick
13 Velimir Zajec
14 Peter Broadbent
15 Sammy Cox

This is a great thread to be part of. Here's my all time DL 11. Some are already passed on, some soon will be. A slight Celtic and Scottish bias - due to my devotion to my beloved Celtic.

1. Gordon Banks (England's greatest keeper. Not passed away - but will be getting on)
2. Jim Craig (Celtic hero. Still living for now)
3. Tommy Gemmell (Celtic hero. Still living and fit for now)
4. Bobby Moncur (Living for now - but has got cancer)
5. Bobby Moore (has passed away)
6. Jimmy Johnstone ( Celtic hero.passed away)
7. Georgie Best (passed away)
8. Jarzinho (Still living and fit for now)
9.Ferenc Puskas. Hungarian legend. passed away)
10. Eusebio. (Still living and fit)
11. Bobby Charlton (Still living and fit)

Subs

12. Ron Springett (Don't know if he's living)
13. George Young (Scotland's right - back.)
14. Jack Charlton (Still living and in good health)
15.Bobby Lennox (Celtic hero. Still living - but has a bad heart)
16. Diego Maradona (Drug addict, bad heart. Living for now)
17. Bert Trautmann. (Ex - Man City keeper. Living and still in good health - but will come in handy to have an extra keeper.

Some team, eh?

#39 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,165 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

If we're selecting the all time XI from those still living but knocking on death's door, I think John Terry is in the reckoning for the next seven days at least. Looked positively suicidal. Also likely to have the odd frank exchange of views with members of the public in the near future, many of whom will offer helpful guidance along the lines of; 'Terry you useless twat, Gerrard would have buried that ball, no probs.'
Posted Image

#40 Guest_Scot_*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

[quote name='maryportfuncity' date='May 21 2008, 10:48 PM' post='116744']
If we're selecting the all time XI from those still living but knocking on death's door, I think John Terry is in the reckoning for the next seven days at least. Looked positively suicidal. Also likely to have the odd frank exchange of views with members of the public in the near future, many of whom will offer helpful guidance along the lines of; 'Terry you useless twat, Gerrard would have buried that ball, no probs.'

I see nobody's given their thoughts on my DL 11 yet, then.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users