Guest Leihcim

Eli Wallach

And one other thing...........have a nice day. :(

How dare you wish niceness upon me,

You vile villain.

Saying that it doesn't mean diddly-squat means that it means less than diddly-squat (at least over here).

Had to think about that one for a second though.

You vile villain.

Well! I never ever have been so infuriatingly insulted.................at least since last week.

I once found myself walking behind Jack Lemmon on Fifth Avenue, and he died. Looked spry too. Only 76. It comes to us all.

Ifd you have no photos then it doesn't mean diddly squat.

How would a photo have meant diddly squat? Or not. I did see him There were two girls walking behind him and in front of me and they were nudging each other and giggling but they didn't approach him and quite right. People need their privacy - he has plenty of that now of course.

You vile villain.

Well! I never ever have been so infuriatingly insulted.................at least since last week.

Never mind schnookums, you'll get over it.

Georgie and Dick send their love.

I did see him There were two girls walking behind him and in front of me and they were nudging each other and giggling but they didn't approach him and quite right.

Now you are just plain contradicting yourself. If the two hotties were wandering in back of him and in front of you then you could not have seen him unless you now have x-ray vision. And maybe the gigglers were nudging and giggling over their night with you and your woeful inadeqcacy to keep them, er, shall we say, entertained. :lol:

Guest BooBah

I just worked as an extra on a film that Eli Wallach is in. What a WONDERFUL man and actor! Sharp as a tack! I predict he will be around for a long time! :referee:

I've only just noticed this - Eli Wallach on Deathlist??

The Man may be :referee: in years, but not health wise & physically - I, too see him going for some while yet - I think he'll be determined to outlive Robert Vaughan & then he's dusted off the Magnificent Seven. 6 gone, 1 to go

Puzzling choice, but who knows, eh?

I've only just noticed this - Eli Wallach on Deathlist??

The Man may be :ghost: in years, but not health wise & physically - I, too see him going for some while yet - I think he'll be determined to outlive Robert Vaughan & then he's dusted off the Magnificent Seven. 6 gone, 1 to go

Puzzling choice, but who knows, eh?

Both him and Wisdom are people we all thought were healthy enough to make it through 2006, so I'm not sure why either are on here... ;)

I'm allowed to be bitter sometimes. :grave:

Both him and Wisdom are people we all thought were healthy enough to make it through 2006...

Shouldn't that be both Wisdom and he?

Anyway the main reason I came back to this post is I saw a quick news clipp of him on the television the other day.

Both him and Wisdom are people we all thought were healthy enough to make it through 2006...

Shouldn't that be both Wisdom and he?

Anyway the main reason I came back to this post is I saw a quick news clipp of him on the television the other day.

Probably should be something other than what I wrote, but I think you know better than anyone here the problems regarding intoxicated postification. <_<

What did the news clip say, if I may ask?

What a pleasant and extraordinary surprise to find Mr.Wallach listed on your candidates slate for the year. I have often times thought people are negligent in their respect to old time actors of his great caliber. True it would be sad to see him go, but he would be going out on top since being added to your listings.

Thwu shopwded one of his movuies on televeiisoni the other night, one of theose spagetttthi wehsterns. No ernEst Borgnnine thouhg.

Found this online, photos taken last October of a healthy - albeit - 89 year old signing his autobiography. I reckon this guy will see out several younger specemins - like Ronnie Biggs - on the list.

Thwu shopwded one of his movuies on televeiisoni the other night, one of theose spagetttthi wehsterns. No ernEst Borgnnine thouhg.

What the hell was I saying here?

Probably that you needed help. It's a sign of how long this thread has been inactive that there'll be posters dropping in now who don't recognise you in that - gin loving - incarnation.

Happy birthday Eli Wallach - 91!

He'll stick around for a bit I reckon... :lol:

Happy 91st birthday! Here's to 91 more!

He also is in "The Holiday"....playing an old Oscar winning Screenplay writer . I know the film may well have been shot 6 months ago ish....but he looked VERY well to me !

91 and still going strong Eli is scheduled to start work on a new film in the spring. He is currently seeable in the holidays season movie aptly named The Holiday with Kate Winslet as his neighbor. His character is Arthur Abbott. Cameroon Diaz and Jack Black and Miffy Englefield are also in it as well as Emma Pritchard and Rufus Sewell as someone named Jasper who may in some way be related to our very own BansheeeesScreams/a.k.a. Edgar-Jasper.

I look forward to seeing it and currently in post production is Mama's Boy which sttars Diane 'Annie Hall' Keaton as well along with Sarah Chalke who was the second Becky on the televison show Rosanne.

OOh...Mary Kay Place is in Mama's Boy as well. I used to watch her on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and remember her hit song Baby Boy which she sang to her husband on the show a guy named Charlie.

Baby Boy (Big Ole Baby Boy)"

Words and Music by MARY KAY PLACE

Well, I never will forget

The first time that we met,

Dancin’ squares and a do-si-do-in’ at the V.F. Hall.

He was old as my pappy,

But that didn’t make me unhappy.

He was cute as the dickens,

Just a doll.

Had no hair on your head,

But a lot above your lip;

You was all dressed up in cowboy corduroy.

Felt my soul start a thrashin’

And my heart-strings a lashin’

I knew I had found my Baby Boy.

Chorus:

Baby Boy, Baby Boy

Sweet Charlie, you’re my

Big ole Baby Boy.

Well, you’re my life

And you’re my joy;

You’re my precious bedtime toy.

Sweet Charlie, you’re my

Big ole Baby Boy.

Later on that night

You asked me would it be all right

If you took me for a bit

To the Tas-tee Freeze.

Well, we shared some chunky tuna;

Then we kissed under the moon-a,

And I knew forever

We’d be thick as fleas.

And then quicker than a wink,

I said, “Now, Baby Boy, I think

It’s time we tied the knot,

Said nupital vows.”

My folks cried, “Cradle robber!”

I said, “Please, he’s my heart-throbber.

The Lord wants us together

Here and now.”

Chorus

Ev’ry single day

I count my blessings and I say,

“Thank you, Lord for sending me

My Baby Boy.

Life with him’s a pleasure

And there’s no way I can measure

All the love I feel inside for Baby Boy.

And I just found out today

That our baby’s on the way,

An expression of our love

And of our joy.

Well, a girl would be delightin’

And, oh, it sure would be excitin’

To have my Baby Boy’s baby boy.

Chorus

Anyway in the second film Walach portrays Seymour Warburton Looking forward to its release.

Just in case Eli thought he might sneak his way through 2007 without getting a post, I thought it my duty to see what I could find about his recent whereabouts. The findings make good reading for Eli and his fans, but not so good for us, I'm afraid.

I was going to do the same for the only other 2007 holdout, Mr Y Shamir, but I can find absolutely zilch.

Just in case Eli thought he might sneak his way through 2007 without getting a post, I thought it my duty to see what I could find about his recent whereabouts. The findings make good reading for Eli and his fans, but not so good for us, I'm afraid.

I was going to do the same for the only other 2007 holdout, Mr Y Shamir, but I can find absolutely zilch.

Well with your track record of late we can all start putting the Banners and Balloons out.

Eli will be no more in a matter of weeks.

I fear he will not die this or the next year and I will do my utmost to get him orff the list

Just seen him in The Holiday, stole every scene he was in but that wasn't difficult considering what a pile of rubbish it was! Looking very spry as others have said, dunno what he's doing on here? Can Grim Reaper inform us?