DevonDeathTrip

Aretha Franklin

Aretha looking extremely well singing at a memorial service for her father and brother (who died in the 1980s, maybe her diary was full until now?). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3114909/Aretha-Franklin-sings-service-dad-brother-Detroit.html

And now she's cancelling appearances due to "exhaustion".

With her constantly cancelling performances, it's almost reminiscent of the last couple of years before Etta James passed away.

Yeah it's like neither of you two bothered to read the linked article. 'Constantly cancelling performances'....where did that bogus tidbit come from? She's already matched last year's number of performances (9) and it's August. She's a hefty old lady who just rode 2500 miles in a bus. Yes this is totally unexpected and out of left field she must be dying.

Also -- keep in mind she probably has a bit of mental anguish pent up over Bobby Kristina Brown, being her niece's daughter.

What a pair of tools.

SC

I thought that was Dionne Warwick not Aretha Franklin.

Yes, Dionne Warwick was related to Whitney and Bobby Kristina.

SC as usual has no idea what he's talking about.

Aretha was Whitney's godmother, wasn't she? I may be wrong though.

Honourary aunt and godmother, but not a blood relative in the same way that Dionne Warwick was.

No, but she's probably still upset. It depends how close they were, I suppose.

Possible candidate for 2017?

Well, her popularity in personal dead pool teams has slowly risen of late.

Performed the national anthem at the Vikings vs Lions game.

Everybody was complaining about it being long and horrendous, but I thought it was a damn fine performance.

Anyway, she looked decent and seemed energetic. But the game is at her hometown of Detroit, so it ain't like she had to travel far.

Go Lions!

• Like 1

Performed the national anthem at the Vikings vs Lions game.

Everybody was complaining about it being long and horrendous, but I thought it was a damn fine performance.

Anyway, she looked decent and seemed energetic. But the game is at her hometown of Detroit, so it ain't like she had to travel far.

Go Lions!

Judge for youselves

75 today. :party:

As you might have read already, Aretha canceled a couple of concerts. Those who couldn't see her at the Toronto Jazz Festival, will supposedly get another chance to see her next year at the same event:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2017/06/29/03006-20170629ARTFIG00250-trop-malade-aretha-franklin-contrainte-d-annuler-un-concert.php

She's also preparing to record a "final" album with Stevie Wonder.

Yes, but in a plot twist, Stevie Wonder then dies of cancer, and that's why it was a final album.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Yes, but in a plot twist, Stevie Wonder then dies of cancer, and that's why it was a final album.

Dying just enough, just enough for the city...

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Dying just enough, just enough for the city...

You're stretching the puns a weeeeeee bit too far.

pun-overload_o_1077964.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Given the recent trends of concert cancellations, surely she would return to the 2018 deathlist if she makes it, wouldn't she?

• Like 1

I like Aretha, but she does not give you the vibe of a Nonagenarian, let alone a Octogenarian.

On 7/12/2017 at 17:02, Joey Russ said:

Given the recent trends of concert cancellations, surely she would return to the 2018 deathlist if she makes it, wouldn't she?

Why are you obsessed with wishing black people to die? Confirms what we all know about you, racist. 

• Like 4

I dunno who this person is, or how old that photo is (seems recent...), but they claim that Aretha is suffering from cancer.

She looks skinny, but for all I know the photo could be from her 2010-2011 cancer battle.

24 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

I dunno who this person is, or how old that photo is (seems recent...), but they claim that Aretha is suffering from cancer.

She looks skinny, but for all I know the photo could be from her 2010-2011 cancer battle.

It says August 4th, 2017. And Aretha was morbidly obese in 2010-2011, contrary to this picture. Aretha also denied that battle. 

Overall, she deserves a spot on the list next year.

5 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

It says August 4th, 2017. And Aretha was morbidly obese in 2010-2011, contrary to this picture. Aretha also denied that battle. 

Overall, she deserves a spot on the list next year.

Yes, I know the tweet was sent on August 4, 2017.

But the person who wrote it could be using an old photo, and/or lying about the cancer.

Also, I'm mean pretty sure Aretha lost a ton of weight back in 2010-2011. 

31 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Seems like a rather recent one.

• Thanks 1

I would like more evidence. Can one of our forum users ask Lucy about this.

3 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Seems like a rather recent one.

Thanks.

So it looks like Aretha is skinny as a skeleton now. The legs stand out especially.

Is it AIDS, cancer, or something else?

6 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I would like more evidence. Can one of our forum users ask Lucy about this.

The National Enquirer has more on this, as usual behind a paywall, could be the source of the Twitter's info?

Aretha Franklin: Cancer Crisis Behind Her Weight Loss! - National Enquirerdated 3 Aug):

"Aretha Franklin shocked fans with the latest evidence of her massive weight loss — but there's a tragic story behind the music icon's healthy new look!"

1 minute ago, GossipGabe said:

The National Enquirer has more on this, as usual behind a paywall, could be the source of the Twitter's info?

Yes, because they are always a reliable source. :rolleyes:

• Like 1