Lady Die

Lord Lucan - The Big Question

Is Lord Lucan Dead?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lord Lucans friend and confidante William Shand Kydd, who may have been the only person who knew what happened to him, has died http://www.independe...ny-9961361.html

Well... the other person who knows (probably) and ain't tellin' is Lucan himself!

Lord Lucans friend and confidante William Shand Kydd, who may have been the only person who knew what happened to him, has died http://www.independe...ny-9961361.html

Well... the other person who knows (probably) and ain't tellin' is Lucan himself!

If he's alive, that is. He'd be 80 if he were alive, an age fewer than half of men reach.

regards,

Hein

I'm curious to know what happened to the bloodstained letters that are mentioned in that news article or are they being kept at Scotland Yard?

We are sher never gonnar find out what happened to him now!

You think he might be cat food or melted down for glue?

You think he might be cat food or melted down for glue?

Maybe he's cat coffee. Maxwell House?

Lady Lucan is 75 this year, so she's getting up there in the years.

Guest Guest

I'm curious to know what happened to the bloodstained letters that are mentioned in that news article or are they being kept at Scotland Yard?

and did Shand-Kyd keep all of the letters or did he keep some of it for himself,the part with the vital information..? Now that he's dead we might finally hear the truth of what happened to Lord Lucan ..

and did Shand-Kyd keep all of the letters or did he keep some of it for himself,the part with the vital information..? Now that he's dead we might finally hear the truth of what happened to Lord Lucan ..

Absolutely no idea, that's why I said I'm curious to know what happened to the letters.

If he's alive, that is. He'd be 80 if he were alive, an age fewer than half of men reach.

regards,

Hein

Yeah, but I'd say two things are fair guesses:

1 - He was spirited away alive somewhere, and not killed later as some have suggested by being dumped overboard in the channel.

2 - There's a passable chance an aristocrat with - probably - access to some funds etc. could survive to 80, even if he's in Africa.

Yeah, but I'd say two things are fair guesses:

1 - He was spirited away alive somewhere, and not killed later as some have suggested by being dumped overboard in the channel.

2 - There's a passable chance an aristocrat with - probably - access to some funds etc. could survive to 80, even if he's in Africa.

True, after all several nazis gave data points in that respect.

I've reread the Wikipedia article about Lucan and it gave me some thoughts. Let's consider the following assumptions:

• Lucan did indeed kill Sandra Rivett. The lead pipe in the car he used is reasonable evidence he did. The story that he intervened in an attack by some third man is just that: a story. I wonder if the physical evidence from that time is still in existence and available for modern forensics.
  • Lucan did not commit suicide or get killed soon after 7 November 1974.

That leaves a man who

• Is wanted by the police and Interpol
  • Has no valid papers
  • Is effectively bankrupt
  • Has little or no cash

If he did indeed have friends willing and able to help him, gettting him out of the UK would involve some improvisation, but would certainly be possible. Getting him to a place where he could 'lie doggo' would presents more problems, such as getting a passable passport, but nothing that money can't solve.

He was 40 at the time, so something like 'building a new life' is possible, but increases the risk of exposure. Financial support from friends or relatives for many years is possible, but also increases the risk of exposure. To keep such a scheme going, the fewer people in the know the better. It can be done, but dodging death and keeping it all secret for fourty years taxes my imagination. But again, several nazis showed it can be done, even when you're not an aristocrat and when you have very determined people looking for you.

regards,

Hein

Been dead for about ten years.

Madeleine Florman, friend of Lucan, 85. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11741760/Madeleine-Florman-Lucan-friend-obituary.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote: Alone in her house on the night of the murder – November 7 1974 – Madeleine Florman was awakened by someone ringing the doorbell. She answered the intercom and believed the voice to be that of Lord Lucan, but he was so agitated that she refused to answer the door. Bloodstains, which were found to be a mixture of blood groups A and B, were found on the doorstep the following day by police (Lady Lucan’s blood group was A and Sandra Rivett’s B. Ten minutes later Madeleine Florman received a telephone call from Lucan, but after a few incoherent words he put the phone down.

• Like 1

The two part Lucan series, starring Christopher Ecclestone, recently came out on DVD down here. What do you chaps think of the solution it offered?

The usual standard of journalism from the Daily Heil; he's 80 not 90.

Yeah, and he still has his marbles so he'll be pissed to read that mistake.

Does one get DDP points for a law court death? :scratchhead:

Does one get DDP points for a law court death? :scratchhead:

I guess not, but an interesting question. It could also be relevant for DJ Derek.

After shooting himself, Lord Lucan's mortal remains were eaten by a tiger, according to tomorrow's Daily Mail.

Everyone sleeping under plastic sheets or canvas anywhere near Calais is the money-hungry spawn of Satan; according to the Daily Mail

• Like 1

After shooting himself, Lord Lucan's mortal remains were eaten by a tiger, according to tomorrow's Daily Mail.

Okay, I've read it and was stunned to find incontestable truth in there, specifically this:

None of the principal players are still alive, making it impossible to seek corroboration. Also, the available evidence is contrary.

• Like 2

Also, the available evidence is contrary.

Ah, a modern way of spelling non-existent.

• Like 2