Death in Vegas

Time Added

While I'm posting, Juan Tuñas, the last surviving player from Cuba's 1938 World Cup Squad, is 91 years young. Although the article is a bit outdated, I haven't seen any notice of his death. Probably zero obit chances, but interesting nonetheless.

Yep - still alive. FIFA did a profile on him and the last I was aware, he was doing pretty good for his age.

Obit chances.. zero.

Unless I accept all Cuban based media on the DDP next year instead of what there is now. Now that will make the US quota lower....!

• Like 1

Eddie Thompson is already wheelchair bound, terminally ill & hasn't got much longer to go and things like this certainly don't help....

:D

Well, in the end, he had just one more day to go - dead at 67.

That's him off me wallchart...

Chesterfield player Derek Niven has had cancer treatment & is awaiting the results.

As are many DDP'rs.

Not really, says Dr Godot. Your bollock cancer is one of the most successfully operable if caught quickly. They just whip it off and ask for a small deposit for the sperm bank, just in case. I believe it has a 90-odd per cent recovery rate.

So if you're going to get cancer anywhere, a testicle is not a bad bet. Of course if you start thinking you have three bollocks or a particularly large, if peculiarly shaped, bollock you might be leaving it a bit late. I guess he should stay out of the defensive wall in future but otherwise I'm sure he'll be as right as rain.

Chesterfield player Derek Niven has had cancer treatment & is awaiting the results.

As are many DDP'rs.

Not really, says Dr Godot. Your bollock cancer is one of the most successfully operable if caught quickly. They just whip it off and ask for a small deposit for the sperm bank, just in case. I believe it has a 90-odd per cent recovery rate.

So if you're going to get cancer anywhere, a testicle is not a bad bet. Of course if you start thinking you have three bollocks or a particularly large, if peculiarly shaped, bollock you might be leaving it a bit late. I guess he should stay out of the defensive wall in future but otherwise I'm sure he'll be as right as rain.

Any excuse for a wank, eh?

As are many DDP'rs.

Any excuse for a wank, eh?

Hear hear.

Gil Scott-Heron's dad and Celtic's first black player Gil Heron, the Black Arrow, has died at the age of 87.

Good God, I would never have guessed he was still alive (up until recently.)

"There will be no insightful punditry from Andy Gray in the instant replay.There will be no insightful punditry from Andy Gray in the instant replay "

Gil Scott-Heron's dad and Celtic's first black player Gil Heron, the Black Arrow, has died at the age of 87.

Looks like there really will be time added, at the end of the year

Seconds out

Looks like there really will be time added, at the end of the year

Seconds out

Remember kids, you have one extra second to post your DDP entry...:rolleyes:

George Miller, who played for Dunfermline Athletic under the legendary Jock Stein, has died aged 69...

Former Mansfield Town manager Ian Greaves has died. He took them to glory by winning the Freight Rover Trophy in 1987, flukily beating Chester City 2-1 on aggregate in the semi-finals, thus denying the Seals a chance to play at Wembley for the first time (no, we still haven't got there yet) in our slightly-less-than-glorious history. I attended both legs of that semi.

Not that I'm bitter, but I'm glad the f****r's dead. And that Mansfield are now non-league.

Yugoslav striker Drazan Jerkovic has died...

Last year, son - he's in the Dead of 2008 thread ;)

Well you tell The Times that! :banghead:

Former Newcastle player Tommy Casey, who also represented Northern Ireland at the 1958 World Cup has died.

Former Villa captain, Johnny Dixon has died at the age of 85. He captained Villa in their FA Cup win in 1957

Jim Thompson highly ambivalent figure in football. A leading light in developing the automatic promotion from the Conference and - soon after - a benificiary when under his chairmanship Maidstone United joined the league.

At which point they sold their ground, started playing 'home' matches 25 miles away, stuffed Carlisle to earn a play-off place in their first season and then plummeted soon afterwards, eventually leaving a space in the league when they imploded at the start of a season. The fans blamed Thompson for much of the situation, but he also got them into the league.

Former Villa captain, Johnny Dixon has died at the age of 85. He captained Villa in their FA Cup win in 1957

Followed a day later by Welsh international Vic Crowe, who missed that game through injury but later captained and managed Villa.