Death Star

Albert Hofmann

Albert Hofmann at his 98th birthday party, last year.  He looked in better nick then than, say, Gerald Ford looks now.

EDIT :  Here is a link to a (fairly lengthy) discussion including the voice of AH on his 99th birthday.  Memory slow but marbles intact.

Thanks for that link Captain Oates. Albert Hofmann is one of my 2005 ddp picks :lol: , but from that picture, he definitely looked like he has a few years left in him. I now expect for him to live to his 100th birthday.

Regards,

ff :)

AlbertHofmann.jpg

Albert Hofmann at his 98th birthday party, last year.  He looked in better nick then than, say, Gerald Ford looks now.

EDIT :   Here is a link to a (fairly lengthy) discussion including the voice of AH on his 99th birthday.  Memory slow but marbles intact.

Thanks for that link Captain Oates. Albert Hofmann is one of my 2005 ddp picks ;) , but from that picture, he definitely looked like he has a few years left in him. I now expect for him to live to his 100th birthday.

Regards,

ff B)

Although that child looks as though it may have been dabbling in Dr. H's research lab.

Guest iain

Those arent old Hoffys kids are they?If so im off to try out some of that LSD myself!

Those arent old Hoffys kids are they?If so im off to try out some of that LSD myself!

How amusing it would be to learn your father

was 99 years old. "Talk about being tortured in school"

I don't know about you trying LSD Iain. Today

it is a very difficult drug to find and very exspensive.

They probobly sell a smaller dosage of it which they

now call acid.

Iain here's some advice - If you feel the need to get

messed up..drink some beers, smoke some grass,

chug magical mushrooms just don't smoke crack. :(

now call acid.

chug magical mushrooms just don't smoke crack. :(

Mr Scream, you are so wise.

Maybe we should have an Agony column for people to seek/give advice.

now call acid.

chug magical mushrooms just don't smoke crack. :D

Mr Scream, you are so wise.

Maybe we should have an Agony column for people to seek/give advice.

My friends call me the part time psychiatrist who

doesn't get paid. :(

Wondered if Albert Hoffman ever dropped his own creation and had a trip where he imagined he was amongst fifty people on a list accessed by the whole world who were expected to die within 12 months.

I came to this thread to see what people thought about keeping him on the DL next year, but decided to listen to Captain Oates sound clip first... sounds good for a 99 year old, but it was so frustrating to listen to that I had to shut it off after about a minute. :blink:

So what do you think?

So what do you think?

I think West Cumbria has suffered too long from the cynical neglect of successive British governments. Their casual indifference - leaving us with the questionable benefits of a massive nuclear power station and sporadic tourist coaches filled with massed hordes possessed of little more intelligence than cattle - has consistently deprived the honest and decent people of this region of their due rewards.

What do you think?

So what do you think?

I think West Cumbria has suffered too long from the cynical neglect of successive British governments. Their casual indifference - leaving us with the questionable benefits of a massive nuclear power station and sporadic tourist coaches filled with massed hordes possessed of little more intelligence than cattle - has consistently deprived the honest and decent people of this region of their due rewards.

What do you think?

That while Middle Eastern economist Tarik M. Yousef provides a traditionalist view on economic underdevelopment in the Middle East and North African regions, his ideals speak to the "quick-fix" aspect of our personalities, the one that wishes to see a solution within the next two decades. I think that Timur Kuran has contributed more to modern global deliberation on the topic with his theory of institutional economics as the root cause of modern poverty and tumult.

What do you think?

So what do you think?

What do you think?

That while Middle Eastern economist Tarik M. Yousef provides a traditionalist view on economic underdevelopment in the Middle East and North African regions, his ideals speak to the "quick-fix" aspect of our personalities, the one that wishes to see a solution within the next two decades. I think that Timur Kuran has contributed more to modern global deliberation on the topic with his theory of institutional economics as the root cause of modern poverty and tumult.

What do you think?

I think, therefore I am. :blink:

So what do you think?

What do you think?

What do you think?

I think, therefore I am. :blink:

I think I'll have a very large nightcap.

I think any Richard O' Sullivan fans, exploring the sight, would struggle with most of the above.

Guest Guest

Hofmann is, indeed, a legend.

No, LSD is not a fungus. LSD is a syntethic drug created from Lysergic Acid. Which can be found in ergot fungus.

I wonder if they'll have some black market LSD in the LSD Symposium 2006. ;)

Hofmann is, indeed, a legend.

No, LSD is not a fungus. LSD is a syntethic drug created from Lysergic Acid. Which can be found in ergot fungus.

I wonder if they'll have some black market LSD in the LSD Symposium 2006. :sicktherm:

I was under the impression that it was just a cover event for a massive group LSD trip :)

hofmann is a god to the world of drug users and hippies alike may he live a long life :)

errr........I think he already has lived a long life.

He'd be better doing DL a favour and giving us an even merrier Xmas by dying. ;)

hofmann is a god to the world of drug users and hippies alike  may he live a long life :lol:

errr........I think he already has lived a long life.

He'd be better doing DL a favour and giving us an even merrier Xmas by dying. :D

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Twice in as many days? I think this forum is starting to get inside my head.

Albert Hoffman has passed away it seems!

Come on iain! This forum is peppered with german-speakers so we're not likely to be fooled by that one!

:angry::wub:

You're really bored, aren't you...

Guest Guest

It is not sure... some say he is dead, some not... anyway, the main purpose of LSD when invented was to kill people. I don't know which war was it... People were given "LSD Shower" (One drop makes you high. A shower.... hmmmm :D), so they were goin' mad in a couple of seconds and started killing each other.

However, LSD is a psychedelic drug, totally different than any other. It affects only your brain (unlike the other drugs that destroy your body too) and it is there for the rest of your life. That's why the "flashbacks" appear... damn, I started it again... :rip:

It is not sure... some say he is dead, some not... anyway, the main purpose of LSD when invented was to kill people. I don't know which war was it... People were given "LSD Shower" (One drop makes you high. A shower.... hmmmm :rip:), so they were goin' mad in a couple of seconds and started killing each other.

No. The Albert Hofmann we are talking about is still alive.

That was just iain pissing about.