Cowboy Ronnie

African Leaders - Despots and Democratic

This is pleasant news to wake up to, my first hit and for icing on the cake not a fella I'll be missing

• Like 1

It does. The dye is cast. 2013 could already be shaping up to be a battle royale between the two best DDP teams...

I wouldn't go that far.

I only came 10th last year....

Reuters

Potential hit for DDT and OoO if the obit arrives (can't remember if Reuters counts)

It does. The dye is cast. 2013 could already be shaping up to be a battle royale between the two best DDP teams...

I think that should be die as in the singular of dice.

As opposed to a colorant!

I am sure this is another glasshouse comment as Time will often point out, sorry.

Reuters

Potential hit for DDT and OoO if the obit arrives (can't remember if Reuters counts)

I think that should be die as in the singular of dice.

As opposed to a colorant!

I am sure this is another glasshouse comment as Time will often point out, sorry.

Yes. Slip of the smartphone keyboard there...

Omar al-Bashir had a lipoma removed in November, which may or may not have been mentioned here, I don't know. Government claimed it wasn't serious. However, the picture of him in this NYT article about a summit in Nigeria, shows him looking thinner and more "cancery" than other recent pictures I've seen of him.

Jose Eduardo dos Santos has been having medical checks in Barcelona. A history of cancer means he's worth keeping 'em peeled for.

Angola's President Jose Eduardo dos Santos recently vanished from public view, but has now reappeared. The official version of events is that he spent several weeks in Barcelona because his presidential palace was undergoing repairs...

Nigeria's president fall ill in London with unspecified illness.

Perhaps he just needs time to collect an unclaimed inheritance of a deceased relative.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Nigeria's president fall ill in London with unspecified illness.

The hospital would have been confused to find his passport had his birthdate as January 1, 1992. They enjoyed his stories about playing in the same youth team as Kanu though.

Guest Tobias

Haven't heard anything from Robert Mugabe in a while.Could he still be alive.

He was at Mandela's ceremony

He was at Mandela's ceremony

Let's hope the sight works as inspiration.

regards,

Hein

Zambia's President Michael Sata's health fails, according to reports, but his medical doctor wife insists he's in 'sound health' - she should know, right?

Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore out after a 27-year rule. Military chief General Honore Traore in.

regards,

Hein

Military chief General Honore Traore in.

regards,

Hein

For another 27 years, presumably...

Military chief General Honore Traore in.

regards,

Hein

For another 27 years, presumably...

Or 27 days, one never knows in Africa.

We should nominate Compaore for honorary membership of the 27 club...

regards,

Hein

Incidentally, Benin's (or Dahomey as it then was) former President, Emile Zinsou is evidently still alive. Having been sentenced to death in absentia 32 years ago he's probably stopped looking over his shoulder, but at 88, his days may be numbered. Not a lot of information, though.

Emile Zinsou, now 96, was hospitalised in June and the outlook doesn't look particularly promising... (article is in French)

Incidentally, Benin's (or Dahomey as it then was) former President, Emile Zinsou is evidently still alive. Having been sentenced to death in absentia 32 years ago he's probably stopped looking over his shoulder, but at 88, his days may be numbered. Not a lot of information, though.

Emile Zinsou, now 96, was hospitalised in June and the outlook doesn't look particularly promising... (article is in French)

Never heard of either.

But I can see how someone might have said to Emile, "Are you Dahomey that is President of Benin?"

SC

This could be a unique pick for my theme team (also the first of the year, bummer.

• Like 1