Hey!
Why not post all your info about lower league football here and take a liitle pressure off the Richard O'Sullivan thread. You will also be doing the forum as a whole a favour by keeping the aforesaid Dickie O thread on topic.
You needn't even post about death or bad health. Just keep wittering on about Tottenham Wednedsay and Oldham Rovers for post after post after post and let the rest of us get on with predicting and disscussing the deaths of celeberities.

You've done it before. Why not do it some more. You know it makes sense.
Whadayasay?

• Like 1

Lower league football: Hmmm

I guess that will include the two meetings next season between newly promoted Carlisle United and newley relegated Millwall.

Only a few weeks to the new fixtures list.

I'll save posting here for when Doug and O'Dreary finally drag the not-so-mighty-at-the-mo Villa down to join you all.

See you in a couple of seasons then...

Bloody hell!

How did we get from a 104 year old giver to good causes to types of roof?

On second thoughts, if this one is veering off topic can we discuss football here?

Since the world cup will inevitably draw some attention and we have fans hereabouts of higher profile teams than Carlisle and Leyton Orient I reckon it makes sense to run this thread as - like - football of all kinds. That way we can discuss career death - like managers doomed by poor performance - ailing football characters and, of course, the teams we love.

Great idea Millwall.

Bloody hell!

How did we get from a 104 year old giver to good causes to types of roof?

On second thoughts, if this one is veering off topic can we discuss football here?

Sure. Without Rooney, the English squad stands no chance whatsoever. And if you make it to the quarterfinals (cough cough) Robben and Van Nistelrooy will shoot you straight back to the right side of the Channel.

That way we can discuss career death - like managers doomed by poor performance - ailing football characters and, of course, the teams we love.

Ooh, that'd mean I could post in here...

Manager's career death? Ailing performance?

David O'Leary, come on down.

Hey!

Why not post all your info about lower league football here. You will also be doing the forum as a whole a favour. You've done it before. Why not do it some more. You know it makes sense. Whadayasay?

Hey!

Why don't you just PM MPFC to tell him to stop mentioning Carlisle United, instead of getting all high-brow & uppity. He might ignore you, but that's a risk to run in life.

Just because you're pissed off your dirty little team were relegated to the same league as Carlisle....

Besides, the last time I looked this was a general fora. The last time I looked, you weren't an admin. I see that you don't object to the Where's Tempus thread, or some others which have absolutely no relevance to famous people dying. It's only if they mention football.

MPFC, should, IMHO, allowed to talk about Carlisle Utd, as they are a big factor in his life, as meeting musicians is in your life. Maybe it's not the best fora to do so, but where else can MPFC express his love for Carlisle, it makes up who he is. As Reading, who beat your lot 5-0 this season, may I remind you, is a massive part of my life.

Either just put MPFC on ignore, or get over it. I think there ARE too many mentions of football where it isn't relevant, but I just let it go. Getting yourself so wound up isn't worth it.

I think you're just jealous, meself, that other teams are doing so well, whilst your lot are so crap. Either that or you're a snob.

Like it or not, a lot of teams have footballers on our DDP lists - I don't see why we should not discuss their health.

*Rant Over*

To keep on topic, Reading are by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen. ;)

Octi.....what a rant!

I appreciate you comin' in on my side though - to be honest - I can't say I felt that strongly myself. And anyway if hangin' around hereabouts has taught me anything it's that people will post what they want regardless. I'm with you, I tend to ignore the stuff that doesn't interest me and just get on with posting where I want.

Incidentally, I do also post from time to time on an unofficial Carlisle site so I spare you lot the worst of the 'Wasn't Mike Graham crap in his last season?' stuff.

IMHO the personal interests of posters do add some colour to the whole business of waiting around for celebs to die. For example, the pleasant town of Odstock had escaped my notice until your arrival.

We've now got a footie thread on the forum, drag your dutchophile views over that way and we'll enter into intense debate!

[Off you go, then -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

We've now got a footie thread on the forum, drag your dutchophile views over that way and we'll enter into intense debate!

You started it...

Will this be a discussion of European styled football or Americanized?

Octi.....what a rant!

I appreciate you comin' in on my side though - to be honest - I can't say I felt that strongly myself. And anyway if hangin' around hereabouts has taught me anything it's that people will post what they want regardless. I'm with you, I tend to ignore the stuff that doesn't interest me and just get on with posting where I want.

Incidentally, I do also post from time to time on an unofficial Carlisle site so I spare you lot the worst of the 'Wasn't Mike Graham crap in his last season?' stuff.

IMHO the personal interests of posters do add some colour to the whole business of waiting around for celebs to die. For example, the pleasant town of Odstock had escaped my notice until your arrival.

I was just wound up. Maybe two weeks later I will feel differently, and I will not mind my rant post being deleted, but whilst I've steered clear of direct personal insults, how a Millwall fan can keep talking about "lower league football" dismissively is unbeliveable.

Mike Graham... ex-Mansfield? Can't remember his performances vividly when he ventured to Elm Park.

Odstock - town?! Ooh, they'd love you at Odstock Parish Council. It's a minor village, nay, a hamlet, worthy of nothing of notage, except the birthplace of yours truly (and my sister).

To keep up-to-date & topical, I would like to say how pleased I am Watford were promoted. It means Reading have a better chance of staying up. Villa, too, I suppose.

Re the above, yeah I know I started it but I wasn't sure at that time we'd have a football thread and it would survive.

Re Mike Graham, yep, the very man. Ended up in Carlisle's infamous 91/92 squad who finished bottom of the league but avoided the Conference because the financial collapse of Aldershot reduced the league to 91 teams and the situation back then was 1 team relegated so that year, everyone survived.

Graham's knees were shot, there was no-one in the reserves threatening his team place and the number of goals we conceded after wingers rounded his rotund form to enjoy the opportunity for a free cross doesn't bear thinking about.

Will this be a discussion of European styled football or Americanized?

Real Football, the sport in which most players mostly the ball with their feet most of the time. With the World Cup in Germany coming soon I don't think there will be much need for discussion of other sports that perversely call themselves football.

Hup, Holland, hup!

Hein

Hup, Holland, hup!

Hein

Ist Holland bei der WM dabei?

Wusste ich nicht. :lol:

Hey!

Why not post all your info about lower league football here. You will also be doing the forum as a whole a favour. You've done it before. Why not do it some more. You know it makes sense. Whadayasay?

To keep on topic, Reading are by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen. :lol:

OoO, Reading should have a very good youth set up, it's managed by Eamonn Dolan, who, for some unfathomable reason, decided to double his salary and move to a league team, rather than stay on managing Exeter City.

MPC - Does the Carlisle message forum get as heated as the Exeter City Forum? Ours was temporarily shut down earlier in the season when it got a bit out of hand.

Hup, Holland, hup!

Hein

Ist Holland bei der WM dabei?

Wusste ich nicht. :lol:

Doch, aber normalerweise bekannt als die Niederlande. :lol:

What I wrote is the first line of a famous Dutch football song. Most Dutch only remember the first two lines, the rest is traditionally la-la-la'd:

Obviously "Hup Nederland, hup" wouldn't scan. :lol:

regards,

Hein

Anybody know which team Dicki O' supports?

Here in Germany they have a song (to the tune of "Yellow Submarine")

"Ohne Holland fahr'n wir zur WM...."

"We're going to the World cup without Holland." :lol:

Must we talk about football after yesterday's depressing result? :lol::lol::lol:

DDT: The Carlisle forum used to go into meltdown as we discussed ways of hunting and killing our former chairman. It's more mellow and celebratory these last two and half years.

Re Dickie O, I can't be arsed trawling the tonnage of posts but I do seem to remember us establishing him as a genuine supporter of one of London's top teams, Chelsea if memory serves me correctly.

Must we talk about football after yesterday's depressing result? :lol::lol::lol:

I know just how you feel. I could sense it was going to happen, might be a blessing in disguise. Unless Bates had been prepared to spend they would have come straight back down. Now there's another season to build. Hey, Dickie might follow big Ken and switch allegience to Leeds. Man about the Kop. I'd like that.

Anybody know which team Dicki O' supports?

I believe that he is the Chairman of Birmingham City these days.

Must we talk about football after yesterday's depressing result? :(:lol::lol:

Topical Joke of the Day:-

What have Leeds United & Gene Pitney got in common?

They both collapsed & died in Cardiff. :lol:

• Like 1