People have put forth many fascinating theories about the beginning and end of the universe. No one, as far as I know, has ever come up with a credible theory as to the point of it all.

Credible, no, but I still swear by Douglas Adams.

I stand corrected. This, by Douglas Adams, is possibly the best explanation for anything that I've ever heard.

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
  • Like 1

Godot has nothing but lurv Vaagy, shame the head's a bit out of focus, but that's just a minor quibble; don't go throwing that noose over the rafters on account of any unkindness encountered on the DL. I've always regarded you as one of the family just like everyone else here. I appreciate one may have a soft spot for a thread one has started but it's not really an ownership thing - that can sound a little possessive rather like Gollum and his precious. Sorry, didn't mean anything by that, wasn't comparing you with Gollum or any other Lord of the Rings character. I think it's a splendid lizard and Schubje is a lovely name. Does it mean scaley? I'm going to photograph one of my newts now if I can catch one.

Tempus Fugit began removing his contributions in the same way. Is there a fear, perhaps, that one day when we are rich and famous, when the monarch is about to bestow on us some great honour, there'll be a word in her old shell-like revealing that the specimen on his/her knees, gazing at her midriff, is a member of an online community that tries to predict people's demise, including her own? It must be a worry.

One can save this thread by naming it just "pets" and then it makes sense again.

Done

He isn't death, but i wanted to introduce you guys to Schubje, my new pet lizard.

IMAG0054.jpg

He died today

R.I.P.

Didn't last very long. What happened?

He isn't death, but i wanted to introduce you guys to Schubje, my new pet lizard.

IMAG0054.jpg

He died today

R.I.P.

Didn't last very long. What happened?

His eye was damaged (I don't know how this hapened; I just discovered that it was all mesed up earlier this week), which enabled him to see and attack his living prey, so I knew he was dying but couldn't really do a thing about it.

Ruthie and Winfield, our two turkeys, have been spared execution on account of their owner (me) being such a softie. No longer to be annointed with the cranberries of wrath, or summat. They're happily gobbling outside as I type.

• Like 1

Ruthie and Winfield, our two turkeys, have been spared execution on account of their owner (me) being such a softie. No longer to be annointed with the cranberries of wrath, or summat. They're happily gobbling outside as I type.

But, if you have two, then it's really amiss of you not to get at least one of them in the oven on the 25th.

If you have a spare half hour, you may empathise with Winston's predicament.

I know some people do get close to their pets, but I think the Daily Mail has gone overboard regarding Peaches, Philip Schofield's cat, who ran out of lives today.

There's three photographs, including one of Philip Schofield, just in case the readership has forgotten what he looks like since they last saw him a couple of hours earlier, plus a screengrab of his Twitter page!

My guinea pig Judy died today :( Proper sad and have had a good cry. Don't know how to post a pic of him. He was named Judy after Judge Judy. Goodbye, my furry chum :(

• Sad 1

My guinea pig Judy died today :( Proper sad and have had a good cry. Don't know how to post a pic of him. He was named Judy after Judge Judy. Goodbye, my furry chum :(

You'd better give him a good send off then. It's what he would have wanted.

Fuck a duck, another guinea pig now has pneumonia! Three different lots of medicine, a special syringe-feed, and I'm fifty quid poorer!

Fuck a duck, another guinea pig now has pneumonia! Three different lots of medicine, a special syringe-feed, and I'm fifty quid poorer!

Can't you just eat it? I understand people in Peru and Bolivia think it's a nice snack:

guineapig.gif

regards,

Hein

I thought they were only about £6 at the pet shop. Why not just replace it with a healthy one in the same colour and let the poorly one join the squirrels in the nearest wood with maybe a carrot for company?

• Like 1

I thought they were only about £6 at the pet shop. Why not just replace it with a healthy one in the same colour and let the poorly one join the squirrels in the nearest wood with maybe a carrot for company?

Jeez, the EC, inflation and VAT have a lot to answer for, a Guinea used to be £1.10p back in my day.

Jeez, the EC, inflation and VAT have a lot to answer for, a Guinea used to be £1.10p £1.05 back in my day.

Jeez, the EC, inflation and VAT have a lot to answer for, a Guinea used to be £1.10p £1.05 back in my day.

A Guinea foul? :wheelchair:

A Guinea foul? :wheelchair:

Well I never! I always thought a Guinea was 22 Shillings. A quick wikipedia search confirms I've been wrong for donkey's years.

Well, you all have a point I guess, the medicines have cost me three times what the bloody animal did in the first place. But I suppose I'm a great big soft shite at heart and couldn't leave him suffering. He is much perkier today. Probably because I didn't barbeque him :wheelchair:

Well, you all have a point I guess, the medicines have cost me three times what the bloody animal did in the first place. But I suppose I'm a great big soft shite at heart and couldn't leave him suffering. He is much perkier today. Probably because I didn't barbeque him :wheelchair:

S'ok LB - I lost two of my cocker spaniels during the first two weeks of January. I spent over $5000 to treat their liver problems before I had to let them go.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTgtMjAxMDEyMDctMTQxMy5qcGc.jpg

MVC-002L-6.jpg

I'm such a softie myself that I would probably spend $5000 on a guinea pig as well.

• Sad 1

S'ok LB - I lost two of my cocker spaniels during the first two weeks of January. I spent over $5000 to treat their liver problems before I had to let them go.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTgtMjAxMDEyMDctMTQxMy5qcGc.jpg

MVC-002L-6.jpg

I'm such a softie myself that I would probably spend $5000 on a guinea pig as well.

I keep my credit card in a furry holder - it looks sooooo cute!

I've taken good care of it all these years but now it's really, really ill. It needs a really important opperation that will cost only £8,000.

Is there anyone out there that can help it recover?

RA, you are the sweetest man on here so I know you would do the same as us you cheeky young scamp!

In other news, I ran over a vole today. Not on purpose obviously, my friend said 'Ooo look a vole', I said 'oops', she said 'oh no did you hit it', I said 'no of course not', whilst looking in my rear view at a squishy mess on the road.

RA, you are the sweetest man on here so I know you would do the same as us you cheeky young scamp!

In other news, I ran over a vole today. Not on purpose obviously, my friend said 'Ooo look a vole', I said 'oops', she said 'oh no did you hit it', I said 'no of course not', whilst looking in my rear view at a squishy mess on the road.

Hmm, in a strange circle this reminds me of an event of my childhood. My dad, not exactly an outdoors man but an avid motorist, came home one day from a business trip to Drenthe and brought in a dead roe deer. Me mum cooked it to great result.

I must have been seven or so; only much later did I understand what had happened.

regards,

Hein