Grim Reaper

Evel Knievel

Richard Hammond should interview Evel Kanyevil instead.

in fact they could talk about car crashes too.

Richard Hammond should interview Evel Kanyevil instead.

in fact they could talk about car crashes too.

Wait, I go out of town for a few days, Evel Knievel dies, and no one posts about it on the DL? That is lame, people. I shall presume there is extensive discussion about his demise elsewhere.

Wait, I go out of town for a few days, Evel Knievel dies, and no one posts about it on the DL? That is lame, people. I shall presume there is extensive discussion about his demise elsewhere.

Erm............................. Somebody did right here.

Erm............................. Somebody did right here.

Banshees Scream Posted Yesterday, 06:26 PM

It's called 'I didn't read the thread' but it's an easy mistake to make if you only read page six.

D'oh! Er, what Banshees said....

*Must read thread before posting*

His son Robbie recently broke another of the old man's records. Robbie does things his dad never did, like riding bikes designed for jumping and taking safety very seriously. But you never know......

Robbie Maddison still at it lately. Very impressive but he needs to get lucky every time, deadpoolers just need to get lucky once.

It's called 'I didn't read the thread' but it's an easy mistake to make if you only read page six.

I searched, couldn't find any mention of Knievel.

PAGE Six

Also don't forget England's version of Knievel - Eddie Kidd. He came a cropper on his chopper in 1996. The quote below is from his web-site.

After my accident, I fell into a coma for many months and had sustained serious injuries, including an injury to my brain. I regained conciousness much to the relief and delight to, not only my friends and family, but to my millions of worldwide fans that had followed me throughout my daredevil career. These severe injuries have left me confined to a wheelchair, however, this does not prevent me from leading a full and rewarding life. Even now I have to get my hands around a throttle and spend many hours riding around on my quad bike.......... Once a biker always a biker. I spend a great deal of my time working to combat this disability. My friends are fantastic and I know they are always there to support me and give me fresh hope and courage.......I absolutely refuse to let this beat me......

Bikes and the DeathList seem like a match made in heaven!

DWB :)

Eddie Kidd completes London Marathon in 7 weeks...

Eddie Kidd was on This Morning* just now. I hadn't realised he'd (sort of) recovered from his crash/coma and that it's only fairly recently he's gone downhill (as it were) again and is pretty much unable to speak. His hair's lovely for a 51-year-old, mind.

* Was just flicking through the channels, honest!

Re Kidd, the media are fairly circumspect about showing film of the 1996 accident, which - incidentally - was also missing from YouTube the other day when I tried to explain to the Voice of Young Maryport who Kidd was. I hadn't realised he'd been better able to speak than he can now. I'm guessing this 26 miles was a major effort on his part, truly exhausting, probably tougher mentally than a lot of his more celebrated stunts.

Not sure where to post this, but at present, a stuntman that hasn't been named yet dies on the set of a new Sylvester Stallone movie.

Is there a stuntman thread?

Is there a stuntman thread?

Yeah, but it's so cunningly disguised as one for a celebrity that you can't tell what it is with a fleeting glimpse.

Edited by Magere Hein
Two posts moved from 'The Fringes Of Fame' topic
  • Like 1

Eddie Kidd got a gong in the latest honours list; mainly commemorating his London Marathon achievement.

Travis Pastrana  has just completed a leap over 16 Greyhound buses, he's about to attempt a jump over 52 cars.

Yes?  No?  

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Kitty O'Neil Wonder Woman Stuntwoman Dies at 72

Evel's son Robbie Knievel dead at 60.

• Like 4